Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Kate wrote:
    BURR needs to keep hearing from North Carolinians especially!!!!

Hit him on the fact that this bill IS AMNESTY and the LOOPHOLES in BORDER & NATIONAL SECURITY WHICH the AMENDMENTS WILL NOT CLOSE!

My call-
    I asked if he would be voting NO on cloture, and when staff person told me that he'd not issued a position on it I asked why not?????? He said that Burr was against amnesty, and I said oh really??? Since this IS an amnesty bill, then he should just come out and declare that he will be voting NO on cloture, since this bill will destroy social security and will be costing Americans and North Carolinians TRILLIONS. And personally, I do not want to provide entitlements to those who have come here illegally!!!

Then he back-tracked and said that the bill was not just about amnesty but also border security. So I asked him if Burr was REALLY concerned about border security and national security. He said of course. I then said that if he is, he'd realize that this bill is so full of loopholes on border and national security AND NONE OF THE AMENDMENTS (and I've seen the list of amendments) closes these gaping loopholes, such as the absence of any EXIT system, and the 24-hour background check provision (an impossibility) which will ensure that people are legalized whether or not they have a complete background check. If Burr is concerned about national security, he cannot support this bill.

I closed with, "tell him he needs to come out and make a commitment to his constituents that he will vote NO on cloture."

HEADS UP NORTH CAROLINIANS & OTHER ACTIVISTS!!!!

Banned
    Has anyone been hitting the Dems? Come on they are fun!!!

OMB,

More motivation for us: (from: http://noamaskew.blogspot.com/):
    ---------------------

Running into a Buzz Saw: In the face of a poll saying that only 3% of Americans approve of the way Congress is handling immigration, one "White House ally" says (according to the Politico), "There’s a lot of ill will and bad feelings and it’s just run into a buzz saw. You’re asking senators to walk the plank on a bill that may not even get out of the House." But the administration wants to fight on:

The president’s aides think the bill is still eminently doable in the Senate. To get to the 60 votes required for the bill to advance, the tally will probably have Democrats in the high 30s and Republicans in the low 20s. Administration officials say that if the bill gets to the House, they’re ready to do the handholding and retail spadework necessary to line up Republican votes. They believe pressure will build on Speaker Nancy Pelosi from constituencies within her own party that want immigration reform. They also hope she will be under pressure to deliver at a time when the approval rating for Congress is in the cellar.

Posted by Noam Askew at 9:58 AM
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Thune is a definite "no" on cloture!

Banned
    Senator Bond

Another amendment, proposed by Missouri Republican Christopher Bond, would prohibit the 12 million people in the U.S. illegally to ever seek U.S. citizenship. Some supporters say the plan threatens a core principle of the legislation.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=70062

Tell Senator Bond, "Nice amendment, but you know it will never pass, so vote 'no' on cloture instead!"

Banned
    LaDeeDa--Bond opposes the bill in it's current form. I told them he's gotta know his amendment won't pass, so why not kill the bill he doesn't like with a "no" on cloture!!!

WE'RE TAKING OUR COUNTRY BACK, CALL BY CALL, FAX BY FAX, EMAIL BY EMAIL!!!

Banned
    Look at this stupid amendment--these guys all voted no on cloture except for Obama ,too. Nail them for their stupidity:

One proposal, by Iowa Republican Charles Grassleyand Democrats Max Baucus of Montana and Barack Obama of Illinois, would eliminate the requirement that employers verify the legal status of every worker in order to detect employees who are undocumented immigrants.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=70062

Banned
    Grassley is against the bill--how nice for him!! But she thinks he'll vote yes on cloture!!!!

ANOTHER RINO TO KNOCK AROUND BY ALIPACERS TAKING DOWN THE BAD BILL & REPLACING IT WITH ENFORCEMENT OF EXISTING LAWS!!![/b]

Banned
    OMB, I believe this was one of the "poison pill" amendments, HOWEVER, this horrible, devastating bill should not make it beyond cloture, so tell GRASSLEY and OBAMA they just need to kill it now and vote NO on cloture!