Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Kate wrote:
    OMB, I believe this was one of the "poison pill" amendments, HOWEVER, this horrible, devastating bill should not make it beyond cloture, so tell GRASSLEY and OBAMA they just need to kill it now and vote NO on cloture!
    It can only be a "poison pill" if it passes and it never would, could it???

Allard has been a "NO" on cloture every time and voted NO on S2611 & now his office is saying he won't comment on the cloture vote! Come on Colorado--HIT him!

Banned
    Collins won't commit but the aide did say she had voted no twice before on cloture, so sounds very good!

Hi Everyone!

Wow you have been working so hard!!!!!!!!!

I woke up and read the thread and all I hear is NO NO NO!
    I couldn't ask for more!

Where can I go to find the most updates tally, I want to start making calls as soon as my coffee is brewed! Since I am now living Vampire hours, I am still waiting for my morning cup of coffee!

I turned C-Span on and they are running tape of yesterday. Does this mean that they have gone home for the weekend?

Sen. Judd Gregg's office: "no position" on cloture yet. Call Him!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Here is the "official" list of amendments to the S.1639 bill. NO improvements to close the loopholes in border and national security. Clearly, those supporting this bill are NOT serious about national security.
    This list comes from Univision, which claims that it got from Reid's office.
    http://www.univision.com/content/conten ... &pagenum=2

*Democrat amendements*

Amd. 1199. (Sen. Dodd.) Increase family reunification.

Amd. 1313. (Sen. Webb.) Changes to Z visa, temp residency and limit residency to those who have lived more than 4 years in the U.S.

Amd. 1236 (Sen. Baucus, Sen. Tester) Change Real ID law.

Amd. 1332 (Sen. Sanders) Change the certification program that regulates the employment of foreigners.

Amd. 1344 (Sen. Byrd) Obtain fees related to border security.

Amd. 1317 (Sen. Menendez) Increase the points given to family ties in the current point system

Amd. 1340 (Sen. Brown) Changes to the bill related to employment by government offices.

Amd. 1468 (Sen. McCaskill) Increase sanctions and penalties to those who hire illegals.

Amd. 1486 (Sen. Levin) Related to Iraki refugies and other religious minorities.

Amd. 1386 (Sen. Leady) Related to the visa requirements to investors.

Amd. N/A (Sen. Schumer) Changes to the biometric employement ID.

Amd. 1198 (Sen. Boxer) Changes to the Y Visa. To limit the number of temp visas depending on the number of temp visa overstays.

*Republican Amendements*

Amd. 1161 (Sen. Alexander) Changes in the naturalization oath.

Amd. 1255 (Sen. Bond) Prohibit temp residency to those who obtain a Z visa.

Amd. 1473 (Sen. Coleman) Require sanctuary cities to share information with federal govt. regarding illegals.

Amd. 1335 and 1258 (Sen. Domenico) Changes in the number of federal judges.

Amd. 1490 (Sen. Ensign) Prohibits those who obtain a Z visa receive social security benefits once he/she retires.

Amd. 1465 (Sen. Bob Graham) Simplify the language of immigration law regarding the execution of the law.

Amd. 1441 (Sen. Grassley) Changes in the 3rd article of immigration law relating to the execution of the law.

Amd. 1440 (Sen. Hutchinson) Changes article IV of the current plan.

Amd. 1174 (Sen. Thune) Relating to the judicial make up of the courts.

Amd. 1318 (Sen. Chambliss) Relating to the totalization of Social security benefits of foreign workers who are employed in the U.S.

Amd. 1282 (Sen. Isakson) Limit or regulate the purchasing of homes to future illegals.

Amd. N/A (Sen. Lindsey Graham) Criminalize illegal entry.

These are the amendments the Senators are hiding behind to vote for cloture & then vote no on the bill, looking for cover

Tell these Senators we're on to their Amendment Game and deal making for amnesty!!!

****Lindsay Graham's amendment is as assinine as he is! It's already breaking the law to enter this country illegally, moron, and the consequence is supposed to be immediate deportation.

Banned
    PAF wrote:
    Where can I go to find the most updates tally, I want to start making calls as soon as my coffee is brewed! Since I am now living Vampire hours, I am still waiting for my morning cup of coffee!

I think the only new committed NOs are Corker and Alexander--Thune's office told me he was a NO, too!

Called Byrd and Rockefeller and they are not committed to No on cloture and they voted no before. I don't think they are getting enough calls, so definitely hit them!!!!

The two senators from Maine both have not released a statement or apparently taken a position on cloture yet. Call them please:

-Susan Collins
    -Olympia Snowe

Also, Sen. Tester (D-MT), although he voted no on cloture previously, apparently no position yet on if he will vote no on cloture again. Please call him too!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Warner's office sounded like he was going to vote 'yes' on cloture!
    He wants to see what the final bill will look like before he decides on how to vote for it! Virginians need to call the heck out of him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy

I think the only new committed NOs are Corker and Alexander--Thune's office told me he was a NO, too!

Called Byrd and Rockefeller and they are not committed to No on cloture and they voted no before. I don't think they are getting enough calls, so definitely hit them!!!!
    THAT is adorable!

Okay I will work on the hold outs first.
    And like MoonBeam, I am going to spend some time with my favorite Dems.