Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JAK
    I am going through this thread and these are the NO votes I have found so far...

Stabenow and McCaskill ( I believe they have a thread of their own stating NO to cloture.

On this Thread:

Grassley
    Tester
    Chambliss
    Sununu

I'm still trying to go through the thread. It helps to know who is who and what is what when making these calls!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    Rattler wrote:
    Senator Bingaman NM will vote for amnesty if he likes the bill. He has 2 prior Nays but only based on what he didn't like in the bill, not because he's against amnesty. This from his legal advisor in D.C.

Senator Domenici NM staff said no announcement but took my name and ph# so his press secretary could call me with his decision prior to cloture vote. It would appear they think I'm a reporter and I am in a way since I'm reporting here.

Spoke to the GOP in Albuquerque about this issue and he is for amnesty since his wife is an immigrant and "she isn't bothered by it." I said my immigrant family member did it right and that "she is very bothered." This is the land of manana.
    thanks for the post, rattler. Sounds like you have a way with the staff! Keep it up!!! Tomorrow is critical!

AMNESTY IS GOING DOWN ON CLOTURE!!!!

I think I'm just naturally Bossy (firstborn affliction) but thank you. I'm on it.

JAK
    Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    From the WA Times:

The bill can be stopped. Following are 19 Republican senators identified by the group Numbers USA as possibly being willing to switch and vote for cloture in exchange for giving the Senate a chance to vote down one of their amendments:

Lamar Alexander (Tennessee)
    Robert Bennett (Utah)
    Saxby Chambliss (Georgia)
    Thad Cochran (Mississippi);
    Norm Coleman (Minnesota)
    Susan Collins (Maine)
    Larry Craig (Idaho)
    Pete Domenici (New Mexico)
    Judd Gregg (New Hampshire)
    Orrin Hatch (Utah)
    Kay Bailey Hutchison (Texas)
    Johnny Isakson (Georgia)
    Jon Kyl (Arizona)
    Trent Lott (Mississippi)
    Mitch McConnell (Kentucky.)
    Lisa Murkowski (Alaska)
    Olympia Snowe (Maine)
    Ted Stevens (Alaska)
    John Warner (Virginia)

These lawmakers will likely decide the fate of the amnesty bill in the Senate.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=69680

No wonder the ones of this group I called today had nasty staffer!
    OOkay, using this list again to start with...
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Me too Jak,
    Thanks for posting!

Banned
    OK right now on National Review Online http://corner.nationalreview.com/

Apparently the Senators have been calling NRO's Kathryn Jean Lopez and telling her they will vote no on cloture.

No on cloture:

Cornyn (R-TX)
    Sununu (R-NH)
    Vitter (R-MS)
    Demint (R-LA)
    Crapo (R-ID) Yippee!!!
    Sessions (R-SC)
    Roberts (R-KS)
    Hutchison (R-TX) another good one!

McCaskill (D-MO) has declared publicly she will vote no (video on hotair.com)

By my estimates:

Shelby (R-AL)
    Isakson (R-GA)
    Chambliss (R-GA)
    Dole (R-NC)
    Inhofe (R-OK)
    Bunning (R-KY)
    Landrieu (D-LA)
    Baucus (D-MT)
    Sanders (I-VT)

JAK

Grassley (R-IA)
    Tester (D-MT)

Kate

Stabenow (D-MI)
    Dorgan (D-ND)

Can anyone add to this or delete anyone??? So we can narrow it down for tomorrow???

Banned
    SOSAD wrote:
    Craig is still undecided, thats because he is a idiot Have you had a great day?
    Last time I talked to Craig office, he was a yes on cloture and a yes on the bill--this is actually good news!!!

Great day??? I'll have a great day when this bill is as dead as a doornail!!! Whatever that means???

Actually, I did have fun today--I was an old-fashioned Democrat asking why my party had abandoned working Americans. I got thru to Reid's office and gave them an earful!!!!

Banned
    Landrieu, Stabenow, Dorgan all NOs

Banned
    Kate,
    You read my mind! Just going to ask you!

Oliver

I am sending zogby and Gallup polls out to the MSM.
    So far have sent to All at MSNBC and Lou Dobbs. I am working on FOX news next.

Make sure to mention the poll numbers in your calls!

Banned
    Right now we have 22 NO's. Someone said Ensign was a no but I'm not too sure about that one. I'm making a list for tomorrow--Dem and Repub.