Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Very eloquent, Butterbean! I agree with you!

thought

After reading all the posts I have to ask. So what if the arabs didn't do it?
    I trust the crown, never. This deal has all the hallmarks of a MI6 operation. Get a clue everyone, we are being herded into war.

The Italians split today.

We are alone now with the crown. Hey, they are our enemy. Remember.

I have an English mother, off the boat. However, I do not trust englands' elite. Their own people don't trust the elite and blair. I have nothing against common englishmen, but their government and elites are no damn good. A leopard can't change his spots and the queen is the same witch she ever was.

Consider the possibilities. The reaction from all of you after all this is to escalate the war, and some of you want annihilation. What comes around, goes around. There are no winners. Who does that serve? THINK!

We are the only humans to ever nuke other humans. Think the world 'aint scared? God people,THINK! The threat is constant and still the Iraqis fight, think that they have some will, think maybe they know something you don't know?

The ongoing revelations about Delpeted Uranium poisoning will ruin us. The Italians have unequivically found that DU causes Gulf War Syndrome. Their soldiers are dying from it. We cover it up. 11,000 soldiers from the 1st gulf War are DEAD. Look it up. Some half of the force, 250 k, are on disability or permanent disability.

So my question. If someone poisoned our country and then landed on our soil, and then shot the place up, and then killed a bunch of people, not involved, in whatever the hell we are doing over there, wouldn't there come a point in your own life where you might decide to lay for those people? That means fight, and hopefully kill them. We are screwing up royally, and funny isn't how the crown is at hand?

This my take, you can do with as you like, but there will be no escaping the truth.

Take it from a former German. glenn

The Queen and the Royal Family have no power at all .... what do they have to do with Blair being an idiot?

been had

Don't know much about the crown do ya?

Blair is the crowns puppet. It's not like the people in England keep him in power.

Did you know that the queenie has her own bank? Yep, coutts and its own insurance arm, chubb. Nobody knows what any of that money does, or where it comes from. Kinda like a chinese laundry.

Remember the opium wars? Read up on them. The crown is a devil. America was the cure, but only through vigilence, and intelligence can this be maintained.

By way of deception, does the crown make war. They learned along time ago that confronting Americans militarily is of no use, we are baaad. So the paln has been to subvert our laws, since the of Andrew Jacksons' presidency. Don't think history lasts that long? What are we fighting in Iraq, that is a couple thousand years old at least?

Read Washingtons Farewell Address to clue in to how we should be running our foreign policy. In my view, Washington said, go it alone, trust no one. I figure him a better man and smarter than bush/cheney.

I hate to say this but I am intrigued with the British royal family. When I was in London in 2002, I went to the celebration of the Queen's birthday in the 50th anniversary of her reign. Then, I saw her again at Royal Ascot. I have nothing but admiration for the Queen. Now, the rest of the family is another story. We will just have to disagree on this one.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Re: thought

Quote Originally Posted by naturalglenn
    After reading all the posts I have to ask. So what if the arabs didn't do it?
    Problem is, the Arabs did do it. From the bus wreckage they recovered the person's body that was in posession of the bomb. (correction:what was left of the body) That person was an Arab male.

Al Queda claimed responsibility

The same Al Queda that declared war on us on February 23, 1998.

Ignoring it will not make it go away. Putting your hands over your ears and yelling LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA does not help when someone vows to kill civilians. Remember sticking your head in the sand places your Butt in the perfect position to be kicked . . .

As tragic as this is, a sense of perspective needs to be maintained regarding how serious of a threat such acts are, before even considering responses that diminish personal liberties.

How many people died in this? Around 40 (last I heard)? I wonder how many died in accidents in London traffic during the last day or so.

I read an article in a recent scientific magazine which explored how we, as individuals, perceive and catagorize threats to ourselves. MANY of the things most of us worry about and react to as a serious threat, are not a very big threat at all, while things we basically ignore are serious threats, statistically speaking. Most of us rode bicycles as children, and hardly think of it as hazardous.. yet we buckle up in a car and our caution heightens... even though you have 14 times as great a chance, per mile travelled, of getting killed on a bike. 14 times greater threat on a bike... consider that and contemplate how dangerous we KNOW driving in a car is. We have a tendancy to place greater weight on threats that are new, than to threats we encounter everyday. People who are panicking over radiation from their cell phones will think nothing about laying out on a beach and using no sun-block.

A good example of such tendancies to panic over new threats is the anthrax scare. How many died? 5? More die from being struck by lightning. You realize that over 1000 die in the U.S. every winter from various influenzas? Which do you seriously consider a greater threat to you? As many people as died on 9-11, it is not nearly so many who have been killed as a result of criminal activity commited by illegal aliens. So who is the real threat to me.. terrorists? Or Illegal Aliens? I think illegal aliens is the obvous answer. However I do not consider either to be enough of a personal risk to me that I am willing to sacrifice my liberties to defend against it. Since bicycles pose a greater threat to life than terrorists, by whole orders of magnitude, it would make more sense to declare martial law and bust everyone's doors in to find and destroy all bicycles in the nation. Who is ready to do that?

BTW, how did ya all like the smooth way I turned this into an on-topic thread? lol

As many people as died on 9-11, it is not nearly so many who have been killed as a result of criminal activity commited by illegal aliens. So who is the real threat to me.. terrorists? Or Illegal Aliens? I think illegal aliens is the obvous answer.

tragic deaths

[quote="DonQuixote"]As tragic as this is, a sense of perspective needs to be maintained regarding how serious of a threat such acts are, before even considering responses that diminish personal liberties.

DonQ: Why???
    We need to maintain a sense of perspective, for what?
    These people are murderers. This is their plan. They intend to make a statement by killing as many people as they can. They are the most vile and evil people that live.
    This cant be compared to 'accidents' from riding bikes, or car crashes that may occur. This cant be compared to getting struck by lightening, which is considered an act of God.
    It is tragic, very tragic, that people cannot enjoy the freedoms they once did, because of these awful people.
    I dont want to hear statistics on what someones chances are in getting into an accident, verses being murdered.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: tragic deaths

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixote
    As tragic as this is, a sense of perspective needs to be maintained regarding how serious of a threat such acts are, before even considering responses that diminish personal liberties.

DonQ: Why???
    We need to maintain a sense of perspective, for what?
    These people are murderers. This is their plan. They intend to make a statement by killing as many people as they can. They are the most vile and evil people that live.
    This cant be compared to 'accidents' from riding bikes, or car crashes that may occur. This cant be compared to getting struck by lightening, which is considered an act of God.
    It is tragic, very tragic, that people cannot enjoy the freedoms they once did, because of these awful people.
    I dont want to hear statistics on what someones chances are in getting into an accident, verses being murdered.
    I thought what I meant was self evident. My point was that a sense of.. well proportion would be a better word I guess, and the actual threat they pose should be taken into account before even considering responses that diminish personal liberties, though I guess I should add "of American Citizens". As for what terrorists WANT to do, that is irrelevant, what is relevant is what they are ABLE to do. Sure we should wage war on them. Sure we should secure our borders. But we do not need to trample the rights of the Citizens of this country to do it. If we do go to those extremes to defeat terrorists, then the enemy has already won and the REAL America is already gone, and we have nothing but the name.

You may be terrified by the threat terrorists pose, and if so then you have given them what they want. But I am far more worried of a repeat of the seven major genocides we had in the last century in which 72 million died at the hands of their own governments. Terrorists do not hold a candle to that threat. Those who think "It could never happen here" are only deluding themselves.

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security.... Shall HAVE....and
    deserve....NEITHER!" - B. Franklin

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast