Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

After night of chaos in Chicago, protesters disrupt Ohio rally

PROTESTS AGAIN DOG TRUMP

After night of chaos in Chicago, protesters disrupt Ohio rally

Campaign event chaos follows Trump from Chicago to Ohio

Published March 12, 2016 FoxNews.com

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Saturday encountered more violence on the campaign trail when somebody apparently got too close to the front-runner at an Ohio rally and the Secret Service stepped on stage, one day after violence forced Trump to cancel a rally in Chicago.

The large, boisterous rally at an airport outside Dayton, Ohio, was briefly interrupted as the stage was cleared.

Trump returned to the campaign trail Saturday by ignoring calls for him to take responsibility for the violence that cancelled a Chicago rally and instead blamed left wing rivals and “wiseguys” for the “planned” and “professionally-staged” protests.

‘My people are nice. My people are great,” Trump told an boisterous, overflow crowd at airport outside Dayton, Ohio. “Don’t let them rip you away from your position. These are bad people. These are people who don’t want to make American great again.”

Trump’s GOP rivals on this week attempted to hold Trump responsible for the campaign chaos, as the try to stop him from winning the GOP nomination.

“This is frightening,” candidate and Florida GOP Sen. Marco Rubio said at a morning press conference.

“Leadership has never been about taking people’s anger and getting then to vote for him.”

Rubio also suggested he’s now unsure whether he could support Trump if he becomes the party nominee.

Rubio, along with fellow rivals Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Ohio Gov. John Kasich, have been trying to stop Trump’s march to the GOP nomination, ahead of essentially make-or-break primaries Tuesday in Florida and Ohio.

Kasich said Saturday that Trump is “creating a toxic environment.”

“I hope he’ll knock this off and stop trying to divide us,” he also said.

Trump has events Saturday in the Dayton, Ohio- area, then in Cleveland. The Trump campaign has denied rumors about cancelling an event later today in Cincinnati, saying such an event was never on the schedule.

The violence at Trump's event at the University of Illinois at Chicago Pavilion appeared to break out after Trump cancelled his appearance, amid angry protests inside and outside the venue. Five people reportedly were arrested.

While Rubio pressed Trump to condemn the violence, he also acknowledged that Trump is being denied his free-speech rights and that some of the Chicago protesters could have been paid.

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, who has the second most delegates in the race for the Republican presidential nomination, on Friday accused the front-runner of inciting the restlessness that was seen inside the university arena.

“Any campaign that disrespects the voters and a campaign that encourages violence … you create an environment that encourages this,” Cruz said.

Cruz was speaking to reporters at a Republican dinner in Rolling Meadows, Illinois, and warned that violence at these rallies weren’t going to stop.

“The candidate urges violence to punch people in the face. This is not going to be the last incident,” he said. “This is not how our politics should occur.”

Rubio on Friday argued that such violence does not occur at his rallies nor at those for Cruz, Kasich and Democratic presidential contenders Hillary Clinton and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders.

Trump said Friday defended his decision to cancel his rally Friday, saying he didn’t want to see “people get hurt” after protesters packed into the arena where it was scheduled to take place. Rally-goers and protesters squared off in isolated confrontations creating a chaotic environment.

Speaking later with Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren, Trump said he had arrived in Chicago two hours earlier and about 25,000 people were trying to enter the area.

After meeting with law enforcement authorities, he said, "I didn't want to see people get hurt (so) I decided to postpone the rally...

"What we did was intelligent, a very good decision,” Trump said.

He also said, "if we had the rally, I think it would not have been a good situation." But, he added, "Our First Amendment rights have been violated."

Trump returned to the First Amendment issue in a later conversation with Fox News' Sean Hannity. "I have the right to speak and they (his supporters) have a right to listen," he said.

He also added that he was "getting a lot of credit for canceling...we did the right thing."

Hours earlier, Trump supporters and opponents stood calmly in a line together waiting to get inside. Police horses and barricades kept the bulk of the demonstrators across the street. Trump opponents were protesting what they called his divisive comments, particularly about Muslims and Mexicans.

Dozens of UIC faculty and staff had petitioned university administrators to cancel the rally, citing concerns it would create a "hostile and physically dangerous environment."

Tensions outside rose only after news of the cancellation spread

At one point, nearly 20 officers who had been manning barricades suddenly bolted for an intersection across a street bridge over a freeway — where protesters shouted at and jostled with police already there. An officer was seen walking from that intersection with blood on his head. A police spokesman said later that he couldn't provide details.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...l?intcmp=hpbt1
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Thomas Dimassimo was charged with disorderly conduct and inducing panic, according to Montgomery County Jail records."

Thomas Dimassimo: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Published
    5:56 pm EST, March 12, 2016 Updated 7:19 pm EST, March 12, 2016 4 Comments By Tom Cleary

A protester has been arrested after he tried to rush the stage while Donald Trump was speaking during a rally Saturday morning, authorities say.

Thomas Dimassimo was charged with disorderly conduct and inducing panic, according to Montgomery County Jail records.

Dimassimo was released from custody and is due in court on Monday. His age is listed as 32, but it is not clear if that is correct. His social media pages and public records indicate he was born in 1993, not 1983.

Video, which you can watch above, show a man being taken down by Secret Service agents as Trump spoke at Dayton International Airport.

The incident came a day after protesters caused Trump to cancel a rally in Chicago.

Here’s what you need to know:

1. Dimassimo Was Tackled to the Ground by Secret Service Agents After Jumping a Barricade Behind Trump

Thomas Dimassimo. (Montgomery County Jail)

Dimassimo was tackled to the ground by Secret Service agents after jumping a barricade, police say.
    A video shows Trump reacting as Dimassimo rushes the stage:
    https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.<acronym title="JavaScript">js</acronym>Another video shows the Secret Service taking Dimassimo down:

He was dragged out by the agents and police:

Trump told the crowd after the incident, “I was ready for him, but it’s much easier if the cops do it, don’t we agree? And to think I had such an easy life! What do I need this for, right?,” the Washington Post reports.

Police have not said that Dimassimo was armed, despite claims on social media that a Secret Service agent was cut by a knife during the incident.

Trump has had Secret Service protection since November.

2. He Tweeted About Being at the Rally & Asked for ‘Thoughts & Prayers’

Thomas Dimassimo after being released from jail. (Twitter)

Dimassimo, who goes by @YoungLionKing7 on Twitter, tweeted about his plans to disrupt the Trump rally earlier Saturday morning and in the days before.
    You can see one of the tweets below:
    (Twitter)

Dimassimo previously tweeted that he would “spit” on Trump during the rally. He has since deleted his account.
    (Twitter)

Before deleting it, he tweeted after being releasedfrom jail, writing, “F*ck you b*tch @realdonaldtrump,” along with a photo showing his torn shirt, which you can see above.

3. He Has Participated in a Controversial Flag Protest at Wright State University

Dimassimo, a student at Wright State University in Dayton, has been an avid supporter of the Black Lives Matter movement and Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders on social media.

He has also taken part in rallies and protests in the past, including a rally at Wright State in April 2015, when he was recorded dragging an American flag. You can watch video from that protest above.

He captioned the video, “Students at Wright State University #NotMyFlag protest. The protest occurred to stand in solidarity with the symbolic actions of Eric Sheppard.”

Sheppard, a student at Valdosta State University in Georgia, who created national controversy by standing on the American flag during a protest at his campus.

“This is not meant to individually disrespect member of military service for the sacrifices they made for this country,” Dimassimo told WKRC-TV at the event, which ended with the protesters giving the flags to veterans to be properly disposed of. “We are not anti-vet, we are not anti-troops. We are against systematic oppression and structural inequality.”

Video from the Wright State protest appears to have been used in a hoax ISIS video, which was uploaded to YouTube last year. The original video has since been deleted, but has been reuploaded.

The video seems to have been created by the same person who started a Facebook page called “Tommy dimassimo wasn’t hugged enough as a kid.”

There is no indication that the video was created by ISIS or that Dimassimo is an ISIS supporter, although the video is being used by Trump fans to claim he is, as seen in the tweets below:

4. He Also Taunted Confederate Flag Supporters During a Rally in Georgia Last Year

Tommy Dimassimo also gained national attention when he participated in a counter-protest along with other Black Lives Matter activists during a Confederate flag rally at Stone Mountain in Georgia last summer. You can watch video from that below:

He taunted flag supporters by tearing up and stomping on a Confederate flag. During a tense moment, one of the Confederate flag supporters appears to reach for a gun during an confrontation with Dimassimo. He was stopped by a police officer:

“To all my white friends observing my actions, and responding with love and support I thank you. But I feel you may be missing something essential. The POC who stood with me are the true heroes. As a white man I can choose to insert myself into danger when I feel the need to,” he wrote on Facebook after the rally. “That’s privilege. The black women who stood with me are face that same danger when they drive down the street. ‪… I’m here to use my privilege to increase visibility for these type of issues. That doesn’t make me a hero. It makes me a decent human being.”

5. He Is Originally From Georgia & His Mother Is a Public Official in Atlanta

(Twitter)

Dimassimo is originally from Powder Springs, Georgia. He is a fourth-year acting major at Wright State.

According to IMDB.com,
    Dimassimo was a child actor with roles on the TV shows “Yes, Dear,” “Reno 911!,” and “House of Payne.”

In 2015, he played the role of “Killer Cop” in a short film called “Red, Black, and Blue.”

His mother, Faye Dimassimo, was appointed to oversee the “Renew Atlanta” infrastructure project in November 2015, according to a press release. She was previously the director of transportation for Cobb County. His father, Tom, is a teacher in the local school district.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/03/thomas...7-photos-video

NO AMNESTY

http://www.alipac.us/f9/my-thoughts-trump-rally-330016/

There is no indication that the video was created by ISIS or that Dimassimo is an ISIS supporter, although the video is being used by Trump fans to claim he is,
    On the contrary.....
    By his own admissions DiMassimo is self-identified as an activist with Black Lives Matter, and various left-wing social justice groups. In addition he’s a Bernie Sanders supporter.
    However, shocking new video has now surfaced of Tommy DiMassimo also participating in ISIS propaganda videos, and possibly being a part of their anti-U.S. agenda. This video was uploaded in May 2015. You can see DiMassimo is the principal subject within the video which begins with him dragging a flag and talking to the camera operator:
    It is available by clicking the link as DiMassimo has removed it from his social media account

https://videos.files.wordpress.com/H...mo-wri_dvd.mp4
    Last edited by artist; 03-12-2016 at 10:27 PM.

NO AMNESTY

Told video he shared was a hoax, Trump doesn't back down

During NBC's "Meet the Press" this morning, moderator Chuck Todd asked Donald Trump if he had "gone over the top" with statements tying a man who rushed the stage at a rally in Ohio to the Islamic State.

Todd told Trump that the video the candidate shared with his followers yesterday had "turned out to be hoax."

During a back and forth, Trump said Todd had not seen the clip. Todd replied that they were "playing the clip right now." Trump then said he respected the American flag more than Todd.

Told again that the video appeared to be a hoax Trump said: "All I know is what's on the Internet."

The previous day, Donald Trump Jr. tweeted a story that claimed incorrectly that the woman photographed by the Chicago Tribune making a Nazi salute was a Bernie Sanders supporter from Ohio.

He later deleted that tweet.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politi...tory.html#4513

NO AMNESTY

Trump protester says he meant no harm

Posted: 7:05 p.m. Sunday, March 13, 2016

By Sharahn D. Boykin
    Staff Writer

A Fairborn man who attempted to get on the stage at Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Vandalia said he didn’t intend to harm the presidential candidate. He only wanted to send a message.

Thomas Dimassimo, 22, told police his actions were not spontaneous, according to a Dayton police report. He gave his keys to his girlfriend to take his car home before the rally, according to the report.

“… I’m unafraid,” Dimassimo said, during a CNN interview on Sunday. “If I can be unafraid enough to go take his podium away from him, then we all can be unafraid enough to not let this man walk into the White House.”

Dimassimo told police he planned to run onto the stage, take the microphone and yell, “Donald Trump is a racist.”

Dimassimo, using the Twitter handle @younglionking17, announced his plan on social media and said he was trying to “snag the mic” from Trump and “plead his case” in front of Trump supporters.

Dimassimo also denied he had any connection to ISIS during Sunday’s CNN interview.

“I have no known ties to ISIS,” Dimassimo said. “I’ve never been out of the country. I only speak English.”

Trump used Twitter to broadcast a YouTube video of Dimassimo and accuse him of having ties to ISIS.

Secret Service agents reported Dimassimo grabbed a man and pulled him out of his way before he jumped the metal fence and ran toward the stage, according to the police report
    Secret Service agents stopped Dimassimo about four feet from the stage. One agent busted his nose when he fell on top of Dimassimo while trying to handcuff him, according to the police report.

Trump stopped his speech during the commotion and was immediately surrounded by four Secret Service agents. After about 30 seconds, Trump returned to the podium and shook his head.

Trump later posted a tweet Saturday thanking the Secret Service.

“Thank you for the warning. I was ready for him, but it’s much easier if the cops do it for me, don’t we agree?”

The incident at Trump’s rally on Saturday, was Dimassimo’s most recent protest. In April 2015, then a Wright State University junior, he helped lead an anti-racism protest that included students standing on American flags and holding signs saying, “Not my flag.”

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...no-harm/nqj8K/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Protester That ‘Bull Rushed’ Donald Trump Voted For Bernie Sanders

by ALEX SWOYER
    14 Mar 2016

Thomas DiMassimo, the 22-year-old man who bull-rushed GOP frontrunner Donald Trump at his Ohio campaign rally on Saturday, voted for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) (R-VT) in Georgia.

“When asked who he voted for, DiMassimo said he voted for Democratic candidate Bernie Sanders. He voted in Georgia. DiMassimo said several times his support for Sanders did not prompt the stunt,” CNN reported on Sunday after DiMassimo sat down for an exclusive interview with the network.

He said he didn’t plan to hurt the real estate mogul but wanted to send a message to Trump, who he called a “bully.”

I was thinking that I could get up on stage and take his podium away from him and take his mic away from him and send a message to all people out in the country who wouldn’t consider themselves racist, who wouldn’t consider themselves approving of what type of violence Donald Trump is allowing in his rallies, and send them a message that we can be strong, that we can find our strength and we can stand up against Donald Trump and against this new wave he’s ushering in of truly just violent white supremacist ideas.

DiMassimo, after rushing the stage, was charged with two misdemeanors, He also denied being tied to the Islamic States (ISIS), which Trump alleged later Saturday night.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...assimosanders/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn