Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can't get through to "Dirty" Dick Durbin...no answer, unable to leave voice mail...message siad they are experience a HIGH volume of calls.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just called the Senate operators and I could hear the exasperation in their voices. In the back ground I could hear another operator say "I'm sorry but all of their phone lines are busy."

Keep it up patriots.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    If you have enough time during your call and the staffer is not trying to 'bum rush' you off the phone, use this:
    You may also point out that there is no excuse for growers hiring illegal aliens. North Carolina growers, for example, have set up a North Carolina Growers Association that meets all of the ag labor needs through local workers and through legal foreign workers brought through the H-2A visa which ensures that the guest workers go home. Why shouldn't California growers play by the same rules as law-abiding farmers in other states?
    zeezil many are. Seghesio Family Vineyards uses the H-2A visa program. If they don't show up for the bus ride home. They are noted and never allowed on their property again.

There are good legitimate AG business owners out there. One vineyard has mechanized and only needs a handful of workers. ALL legal.

Senator Feinstein's office is swamped by calls and can't get through. I hope patriots that are getting through are tearing her a 'new' one.

Senator Feinstein's office is swamped by calls and can't get throught. I hope patriots that are getting through are tearing her a 'new' one.

Please feel free to call or write the office nearest you, or you can visit one of the offices between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. We are here to serve you.

San Francisco
    One Post Street, Suite 2450
    San Francisco, CA 94104
    Phone: (415) 393-0707
    Fax: (415) 393-0710

The following counties are served by the San Francisco office: Alameda, Butte, Colusa, Contra Costa, Del Norte, El Dorado, Glenn, Humboldt, Lake, Lassen, Marin, Mendocino, Modoc, Monterey, Napa, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Benito, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Solano, Sonoma, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Yolo, Yuba.
    ---------------------------------------

Los Angeles
    11111 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 915
    Los Angeles, CA 90025
    Phone: (310) 914-7300
    Fax: (310) 914-7318

The following counties are served by the Los Angeles office: Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Ventura.

---------------------------------------------------
    San Diego
    750 B Street, Suite 1030
    San Diego, CA 92101
    Phone: (619) 231-9712
    Fax: (619) 231-1108

The following counties are served by the San Diego office: Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Imperial, San Diego.
    -----------------------------

Fresno
    2500 Tulare Street, Suite 4290
    Fresno, CA 93721
    Phone: (559) 485-7430
    Fax: (559) 485-9689

The following counties are served by the Fresno office: Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, Fresno, Imperial, Inyo, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Mono, San Joaquin, San Luis Obispo, Stanislaus, Tulare, Tuolumne.
    -----------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    If you have enough time during your call and the staffer is not trying to 'bum rush' you off the phone, use this:
    You may also point out that there is no excuse for growers hiring illegal aliens. North Carolina growers, for example, have set up a North Carolina Growers Association that meets all of the ag labor needs through local workers and through legal foreign workers brought through the H-2A visa which ensures that the guest workers go home. Why shouldn't California growers play by the same rules as law-abiding farmers in other states?
    zeezil many are. Seghesio Family Vineyards uses the H-2A visa program. If they don't show up for the bus ride home. They are noted and never allowed on their property again.

There are good legitimate AG business owners out there. One vineyard has mechanized and only needs a handful of workers. ALL legal.
    So, in essence, GoGo...Feinstein is seeking to put you and the others that operate legally out of business with her Ag Jobs amnesty and pursuit of the cheapest labor possible for her illegal employer cronies employing illegal aliens.

Addiction to cheap labor causes myopia, tunnel vision and mental disorders. The disease of addiction to cheap labor cannot be cured; it can only be controlled. It is an insidious disease that manifests itself in those that embrace illegal aliens into the work force. Those individuals addicted to cheap labor as a means of their existence must be quarantined; otherwise other weak minded, spineless and other easily infected populace could be infected with this horrible, debilitating disease.

Highlights of today's events in Washington:Thu. May 15, 2008

The full Senate Appropriations Committee meets to mark up the FY08 emergency supplemental bill for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. (106 Dirksen, 2 p.m.)

http://www.nationaljournal.com/njonline ... 5_9619.php

---

I assume this is 2 pm Eastern time. Is this on C-Span now?

Populist - Answer to your question - "No". well, not yet anyway.
    They (CSpan2) is just covering the regular senate activities.

Down in the bottom caption line, I do think I have seen reference to the meeting of the Sen Appropriations Comm. at some point.

I have been focusing on media contacts and monitoring Senate - in the middle of making some calls as well.

It is over

I was to Gregg in NH when informed that it was attached and passed. Alexander, Allard, Gregg voted no. Do not have other votes. I believe the vote was 17 yes. ( I was angry and did not concentrate on the numbers.)

Re: It is over

Quote Originally Posted by shelvapreston
    I was to Gregg in NH when informed that it was attached and passed. Alexander, Allard, Gregg voted no. Do not have other votes. I believe the vote was 17 yes. ( I was angry and did not concentrate on the numbers.)
    im talking to hutchinson office and they said it just was passed through this committee and she voted against it. Results could be published on the appropriations committee website sooner or later

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast