Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    I just called Crapo's office in DC. Lines are open, folks!!

202-224-6142
    Thanks Ex-OC. However, the Numbers alert said to focus on members of the Senate Appropriations Commitee (listed above), and it doesn't look like Sen. Crapo is on this committee.
    LOL! Populist, thanks, you are right! I just saw ID and I thought it was Crapo -- BUT IT'S CRAIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEks.

OK, calling the others now.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

My usual tactic is to hit the Democrats first, and I start at the bottom of the alphbetical list.

Jack Reed's office line is WIDE OPEN!! (D- R.I.)

Re: It is over

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    Quote Originally Posted by shelvapreston
    I was to Gregg in NH when informed that it was attached and passed. Alexander, Allard, Gregg voted no. Do not have other votes. I believe the vote was 17 yes. ( I was angry and did not concentrate on the numbers.)
    im talking to hutchinson office and they said it just was passed through this committee and she voted against it. Results could be published on the appropriations committee website sooner or later
    This is ominous news, if confirmed. If true...ALL senators need to be contacted.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Democrat OPEN LINES:

Nelson (Nebraska)
    Murray (Washington)
    Mikulski (MD -- Maryland?)

Re: It is over

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    Quote Originally Posted by shelvapreston
    I was to Gregg in NH when informed that it was attached and passed. Alexander, Allard, Gregg voted no. Do not have other votes. I believe the vote was 17 yes. ( I was angry and did not concentrate on the numbers.)
    im talking to hutchinson office and they said it just was passed through this committee and she voted against it. Results could be published on the appropriations committee website sooner or later
    This is ominous news, if confirmed. If true...ALL senators need to be contacted.
    Landrieu of LA also voted No on the feinstein amendment

I'm afraid I raged on the poor guy at Feinstein's office. He kept trying to sell me on it which further enraged me. Boxer is supporting it. Staffers from both offices are sending the Feinstein and Boxer messages about the opposition. I told Feinstein's staffer to be sure to let her know how angry I was!

The staffer at Boxer's office was very nice and felt bad to tell me Boxer is supporting.

Looks like the fight will go on. I assume her amnesty scheme is similar to this:

----------

Senator Dianne Feinstein's robotic quest to help growers in California and otehr states obtain cheap labor continues as she will apparently offer the "Emergency Agriculture Relief Act of 2008", as described here:

[It] would provide temporary limited legal immigration status to experienced farmworkers who must continue to work in agriculture for five years after enactment.

Workers, however, could not obtain legal permanent resident status (green cards), the program would be capped at 1.35 million workers nationwide and eligibility would be limited to those who can prove agricultural employment for at least 150 days or 863 hours or who have earned at least $7,000 working in agriculture during the 48 months prior to Dec. 31, 2007.

The plan would also require emergency workers to labor at least 100 days per year in agriculture for each of the next five years, pay a $250 fine plus processing fees and restricts them from receiving social security benefits based on prior illegal employment.

http://lonewacko.com/blog/archives/007595.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

SO IT'S OVER? WE LOST???

Senator Doles office just told me that Feinsteins 5 year visa came out of committee as part of the bill...it is not an amendment so if this Iraq spending bill passes the Senate all is lost....there is no amendment to vote on...

Can anyone verifiy this?

This sucks, or was I the only one thinking it was an amendment to be attached to the bill?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Sorry guess I should have read the other posts first...
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast