Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Amnesty is inavitable

Before i make my view known on illegal immigration, i want to share a few things with member of this website.

First, i do not share your opinion on immigration, but i believe a respecfull debate about this issue is usefull and hopefully, you'll let me debate illegal immigration with you eventhought i do not share your views on this issue but respect them.

Second, i was once an illegal immigrant and yes i know, this will anger everyone in this website.I came to this country via the visa waiver program, overstayed and attented grammar school, high school and college in the U.S, then after recently marrying my current wife who was then my lovely girlfriend who's african american, i was able to adjust my illegality into "green card holder status" and cant wait to be able to file for U.S citizenship whenever im eligible.

On this subject, i wish illegal immigrants would take the time to go to a library, pick up a U.S immigration law book and learn how they could adjust their immigration status because too many of them believe that if you're in this country illegaly, there's nothing you can do to adjust your status....Im aware that there's a large amount of illegal immigrants probably wont be eligible to adjust their status, but way too many of them are eligible and dont even know it.You could also adjust your status if you have a son or daughter thats old enought to file the paper work for you and many other channels exist.Dont listen to people that tells you once you're an illegal, you'll always stay an illegal and you should go back to your country.

For exemple, i never knew i could marry my girlfriend and then adjust my status untill i took the time to go to a library and read about immigration law and file the papers alone and didnt even need a lawyer or anything...There are so many way an illegal immigrant can adjust his or her status and i wish they would try to see if they could do that.

Anyway, i really want to talk about ALIPAC,Tancredo, the minute men and the rest of the anti illegal immigration lobbyist fight to win an 'enforcement-only' bill.

First, i think the amnesty is inavitable and no matter how hard you scream or shouts, i just dont see and enforcement-only bill ever being enacted into law because of the backlash it would receive...HR4437 wasnt even the law of the land, but yet, you had every single churches, immigrant communities small business and even U.S citizen screaming about it because giving an illegal immigrant a glass of water would be viewed as abetting criminals which was ridiculous lol) and they mobolized their supporters into the street to speak out against it, something i doubt the tancredo and the anti illegal immigration fanatics are able to do in large numbers.

Now, hate them or love them, you need to realize that small businesses run the US goverment, the chamber of commerce can not be crossed because those people have billions of dollars and are much too powerfull for the anti-illegal immigration lobbyists...The minimum wage cant be enacted into law unless small businesses gets its tax cuts and there's nothing Ted kennedy can do about this.

The same is true that no immigration enforcement bill can be enacted into law unless it contains a defacto amnesty in it...Those are facts and there arent anything you nor i can do about it....To make it worse for the tancredo supporters, you now have people that never agreed on anything blending together to fight off the tancredo team.

You have the chamber of commerce + the church + the most powerfull unions in the U.S, blending together to fight off the illegal immigration lobbyist.

Those group were able to murder the chance of HR4437 getting enacted into law because the senate was spooked by how fast the chamber of commerce was able to pretty much demonized HR4437 as an anti immigrant bill and ordered its soldiers into the streets with millions of American flags which played great into the American people's eyes.It showed them that those people arent animal and just want a chance at the American dream.

ALIPaC, particularly, are doing themselves a diservice to even think they will eventually get their way which is HR4437 when this bill has been murdered and would never be revived....If you think the democrats will revive HR4437, then i think you are dreaming.

The democrats are trying to lock up the Hispanic votes into their safe and i 100% sure they will never take an enforcement-only approach on immigration...

Matterfact, ive heard rumours that the democrats are happy that the republicans are pushing for legislations that would pretty much demonize hispanics in the U.S because many democrats believe that those same anti-immigration laws helped democrats lock-up the hispanic votes in 'California'...A conservative republicans cant win in Cali, specially a Tancredo republican and this is why arnold made the transition from a conservative guy to a guy that now support giving illegal immigrants's children health care which irrates the right.

If ALIPAC were smart, they would admit that an amnesty is probably inavitbale and they should switch their priority on making sure that whatever gets inacted this year, would have some strong enforcement in it, instead of rejecting any bill that has a path to citizenship in it....Meaning, ALIPAC should understand that they are now playing defense and their bill(HR4437) will never see the day of light ever again.

I just doesnt understand how can ALIPAC act like they are still in the driving seat on this issue when its very clear that they were hit hard on election night when they saw some of their strongest anti-illegal immigrations advocates go down in flame and lost the house which was the creater of HR4437....You lost the only vehicle that you had that could've help you push your agenda, but yet, you act like you still hold the cards on everything by refusing to make some compromises by not giving in inch...Do you really think that Bush will now back up from pushing his guest worker legislature now that he has a House of Representative that's more friendly to his ideas on immigration????..How can you still think that the senate and Bush has to be the one to give up their fight and join you when in fact you no longer hold any cards to block anything????

Have ALIPAC checked the presidential candidate list ?, do you understand that the strongest candidates that are going to compete till the end doesnt hold your position on immigration......Do you really believe that Tancredo will miraculously win the GOP nomination???..If you do then you are not being fair minded and lives in LALA-land.

Tancredo is so unelectable that its not even funny.I compare Tancredo with Katherine Harris.What i mean by that is, just like KAtherine Harris, Tancredo has a base that loves him, but what makes both of those lawmakers so unelectable is that they also have a base that 'HATE" them with a passion.

This is why Katherine Harris was murdered on election night by more then 10 points, eventhought she ran against a guy(Bill Nelson) that 'indeed voted for the senate amnesty bill" that ALIPAC felt was poisonous to any democrats.Why do you think the Florida GOP party refused to endorse her?, dont you think they had already polled this race and knew how devisive Mrs Harris was??.
    What makes Hrris so devisive is the hate that people have toward her because of her handling of the 2000 presidential election when she refused to grant a recount on those chart ballot.

Tancredo is even more diversive then Mrs Harris and he has a greater base that hates him with a passion, even more then Katherine harris.People in Tancredo own party hates him and you knew any chance he had to win the GOP nomination was dead the instant he decided to not only get in a fight with a very popular governor that happens to be very popular in the republican party, but decided that he would do more by labelingan entire city as a 'third world country"

To make it worse for Tancredo, those people that he offended were 'legal" Cuban and puerto rican americans, yes, those Cubans and puerto ricans are eligible to vote because there's no such thing as a illegal cubans or illegal puerto ricans since they are both granted the right to migrate in the US and gain all U.S citizen rights.

This mean that those south florida voters would never vote for Tancredo or any candidate that advocate his approach on immigration and to make it even worse, those voters are hard core republicans, but they are also part of this large anti-tancredo base that makes tancredo candidacy unattractive for the national republican party.

If Tancredo gains any traction, im 100% sure that the national Republican party will move quick to kill any mommentum by bringing the fact that tancredo dodged vietnam by saying he was not in good health, and also broke his term limits pledge.
    George Allen was demonized for his CCC racist links, and Tancredo holds similar links to groups that advocates a whiter america and Tancredo will receive the same treatment as George Allen inside his own party and lets not forget that Tancredo just does not have the money to defend himself from attacks that will surely come from McCain and others.

One suggestion i will make to ALIPAC is, do not throw your money on tancredo and begg him to drop out and support someone that shares his views...Tancredo getting into the race will divise the illegal immigration votes into 3 since there's 3 candidate running on that platform and a lot of republicans will never vote for tancredo because they just dont think he can win a general election, specially now that he has alianated the south florida voters which the republicans cant win if those cubans voters dont vote republican...Florida is a swing state and those cubans votes are important to keep the state in GOP hand...Tancredo would definatly lost florida for the GOP and would easily hand the presidency to the democrats and this is why the National GOP party will carefully monitor Tancredo's traction and move quick to bury his hope if he gains some traction.

But anyway, by final thoughts are simple, this amnesty is inavitable,tancredo nor duncan hunter doesnt stand a chance against McCain 100 millions..McCain might not get the illegal immigration votes, but i dont think he will need it, specially with the money he will have to pretty much destroy, romney's and guiliany's credebility...Guiliany is pro-immigration and romney, althought he has tried to become the illegal immigration candidate, is a flip flopper and just like Bush was able to paint kerry has a flip flopper, McCain will able to do the same on illegal immigration, gay marriage, and abortion which is very troublesome for romney.

The House democrats and pro-immigration republicans are working behind close door on an immigration bill, and last i heard, they will let the senate go first by passing an even more generous immigration bill then the one that they passed last year, then the House will go next.They are eying a final passage by july.

With the help of Jeff Flake, Cannon, the 3 cuban-american in south florida, and the likes of pro-immigration conservatives like pence and shadegg, i have no doubt in my mind that the votes are already there.

Im told there's a guaranteed 170-180 democrats that are locks for the amnesty + 20 pro-immigrantion republicans that will be pushed by the white house and senate republicans...The republican, to defeat this bill in the house, needs to hold 100% of their member and press them to vote against it, but with the white house on the side of the democrats, they will certainly not get a 100% party line vote.

If Tom Delay was still the republican leader, i have no doubt he could have easily defeated the amnesty bill because he used strong armed tactic and threaten republicans to vote in line, but with a rookie leader such as boehner, i doubt he will have the same power that Delay had and they wont feel the pressure to vote against this, not when they have the cover of the white house.

Remember, only a few republicans has to cross party lines and those votes are already there.The Dems doesnt have to force their freshmen to vote in line because flake cannon and the 3 florida cubans are locks, no matter how much bricks you mail them.The dems will be able to free up their conservative freshman and for every GOP cross over, a freshman will be able to vote against amnesty and this bill will pass under a "bi-partisan" mentra.

Banned
    After 6 paragraphs I couldn't read any more, but I'll respond to some of what you've written.

First, although you remained in this country illegally you have adjusted your status within the existing law and for that I commend you. I would hope for your wife's sake that the marriage wasn't one of convenience.

Amnesty is NOT inevitable, as most of the newly elected 'Blue Dog' Democrats ran on conservative values including border security and the enforcement of EXISTING laws. HR 4437 really doesn't mean anything in the scheme of things, just as S2611 doesn't. There will be no 'comprehensive reform' this year because the Dem's don't have enough votes to pass it.

If you look at the results of the November elections, you will find that the 'amnesty team' didn't do nearly as well as the liberal media has made it sound. The actual statistics are available at NumbersUSA, but more amnesty supporters were defeated than border hawks. You should really get your info from research instead of parroting the lies the media has fed you.

The fact that American citizens finally stopped hitting the 'snooze button' after last years marches has pretty much doomed the Open Borders crowd, whether you realize it or not.

My 2 cents...

Could not read much of this dribble either. You seriously underestimate American citizens if you think amnesty is inevitable (learn to spell please).

April
    In my opinion, due to the will of the Ameican people it is inevitable that there will be no amnesty!! The illegals came here illegally so they really do not have the right to stay. If they go back to their country and go through the proper channels to apply for citizenship here, I say good for them, but otherwise...NO AMNESTY!

I stopped reading less than half way down, but hey!

As long as amnesty is inevitable we should be ok right?

Anyone know what inevitable means? I never learned that word in American High School or College.

I think this writers main point is that he wishes more illegal aliens like him knew they could try to exploit some American and marry them as part of their fraudulent lawless ways to get what they want.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tancredo is so unelectable that its not even funny
    Well one thing you are forgetting is this. Congressman Tancredo himself said he doesn't expect to win. What he wants to happen is make sure that immigration is not a forgotten topic in the elections.

Second, what country did you come from?
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

You all read further than I did ...what a bunch of blah blah blah
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

April
    W. wrote:

I think this writers main point is that he wishes more illegal aliens like him knew they could try to exploit some American and marry them as part of their fraudulent lawless ways to get what they want
    I have never understood why American men and women let themselves be used like that. You hear countless stories of break ups after the marriage when the illegal has gained citizenship.

You know the OBL is running around in Congress this week wanting amnesty for the criminals. I guess the underlings are unwatched and making mischief.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    You know the OBL is running around in Congress this week wanting amnesty for the criminals. I guess the underlings are unwatched and making mischief.

Dixie
    Did you know that they just sent a bill up this morning, DIX?

Sneaky little buggers. MSM doesn't seem to have picked it up yet......wonder why that is?

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast