Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm not a globalist but I'm rapidly assuming the shape of a sphere. A few more Chicken fried steaks and all I need to be a globe will be to have the continents tattooed on.

Ms. Blase, I found it quite interesting. It is important to let everyone on this board understand what your opinions are on illegal immigration. I thought I would help everyone out...

DeeDee
    Administrator

111.25 Dollars

Items

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:42 pm Post subject: A message from American Immigration Lawyers Association

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got this today.............please continue advocating! WE HAVE TO MAINTAIN THE NEVER DIE ATTITUDES!

Dear AILA Advocate,

Replete with the dramatic events of a Shakespearean tragedy, HR 4437
    passed the House of Representatives in the dark hours of December 16,
    2005. We are truly disappointed with the final vote on this completely
    inadequate bill and hope that you'll send your Representative a letter
    thanking him or her for opposing the bill or expressing your
    disappointment in his or her support. On the bright side, we do have
    several achievements for which to be proud. Keep reading to learn more
    about the positive results of our activism! We thank you for your
    commitment to protecting immigrant rights and we hope you'll continue
    your advocacy efforts for the duration of this fight.

To stay active, you can:

Hold your Representative accountable! Send your Representative a note
    of thanks or dissatisfaction at our Contact Congress website:
    http://capwiz.com/aila2/utr/1/LTOKFHVRD ... /566151211

Commit to encouraging five more people to get active in next year's
    Senate battle over immigration reform!

Thank you for your hard work! Together we achieved:

Outpouring of Pro-Immigrant Activism Stunted Progress of HR 4437!
    Public clamor for a more comprehensive bill encouraged Congressman Jeff
    Flake (R-AZ) to weave pro-guest worker language into the bill. The
    unexpected language stirred controversy when the Restrictionist wing of
    the Republican Party refused to vote on any bill that would even allude
    to a guest worker program. While the Party regrouped and worked out a
    deal, pro-immigrant activists and business interests joined forces to
    aggressively contact Congressional offices and demand opposition to
    final passage of HR 4437, swaying many Representatives' opinions.

Almost 200 National Organizations Publicly Opposed HR 4437!
    This broad coalition represents the interests of hundreds of thousands
    of Americans. Joint opposition to HR 4437 was declared by religious
    organizations, immigrant and refugee advocacy groups and ethnic
    organizations, business organizations, conservative groups, labor
    organizations, civil rights groups, due process and legal groups, bar
    associations, privacy groups, and human rights groups.

4000 AILA Members and Activists Told Congress to Support Comprehensive
    Immigration Reform!
    AILA members and activists coordinated call-in days, called their U.S.
    Representatives, reached out to local and state organizations to
    mobilize opposition, appeared on local news programs, participated in
    local radio interviews, and promoted our National Call-In Days to their
    clients and personal and professional networks.

Send your Representative a note of thanks or dissatisfaction at our
    Contact Congress website:
    http://capwiz.com/aila2/utr/1/LTOKFHVRD ... /566151211

---
    If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please visit
    http://capwiz.com/aila2/lmx/u/?jobid=62 ... =566151211.
    Reagan Embraced Free Trade and Immigration

By: DeeDee

I really enjoyed reading this article in regards to Reagan's open border policy plan and wanted to put it on the main page of our website. The author of the article, Daniel Griswold does an excellent job comparing Ronald Reagan with George W. Bush.

Daniel writes:

In the many eulogies to Ronald Reagan since his passing, virtually all acknowledge his role in defeating Soviet communism and reviving America's self-confidence. But another aspect of Reagan's record that should not be forgotten was his commitment to keeping America open to trade and immigration.

Reagan's vision of an America open to commerce and peaceful, hardworking immigrants contradicts the anti-trade and anti-immigration views espoused by Lou Dobbs, Bill O'Reilly, Pat Buchanan, Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado, and many others who claim to speak for the conservative causes Reagan largely defined.

Note: Provided by Daniel Griswold, associate director of the Center for Trade Policy Studies at the Cato Institute
    DeeDee
    Administrator

111.25 Dollars
    [ Donate ]

Items

Posted: 2006-04-03, 22:07:20 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mtyenks wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Expand ›
    The www.aila.org site is excellent!!! It lets you see exactly how your legislator voted.

Unfortunately, my Congressman voted for the HR 4437. just lost my vote next election.

Time to work hard, que no, mtyenks?

DeeDee
    Administrator

111.25 Dollars
    [ Donate ]

Items

We have to work so hard this election year!

*sigh!

Man! I know you believe in the Republican party....I'm going to ask Beto to include you as a person who can see our pow wow threads. Our pow wow threads sort of lists our strategies and ideas.........

Thanks for stoppin in again! We have a tough year ahead of us.

By the way! You look purdy in your pic!
    [b][quote]August 8, 2005

To Whom It May Concern,

Over these last few years our country has become increasingly concerned over the state of our current immigration policy. While Congress has successfully passed everything from a new energy bill to new trade agreements like DR-CAFTA, lower taxes and ever more spending bills, the one issue, which remains unchallenged, is that of illegal immigration. We, the members of www.latinorepublican.com, feel that it is high time that Congress tackles this very real problem before its too late. We are a concerned group of Latinos who feel that our vote is being taken for granted at our expense. We would like to see representatives of both parties in Congress quit there squabbling, face this issue head on and provide us with comprehensive immigration reform, which includes a guest worker program and increased border security.

There are currently an estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants in the United States today. Many of these undocumented immigrants have come from Mexico and other Latin American countries seeking work and better wages. Some of the undocumented immigrants have been here for decades. But, because they are working in the country ‘illegally’ they are easy targets for unscrupulous employers. These workers are needed to do the work most Americans wont do and it is in the business community’s best interest to have a guest worker program. This would give American business a steady supply of wiling low skilled workers which are becoming ever more scarce while our demand for it continues to rise. While some may say this is the result of greedy American business what is lost in this argument is that in the end the ones who benefit are our nations economy with increased revenue and an increased GDP. This would give businesses more profits to expand and higher even more skilled employees, which require higher education. That would be to the benefit of the American employee. This is a win-win situation for American business and employees. This makes immigrants a net gain for our country despite the perceived drain on resources that come from having an increased population.

Having a guest worker program would provide a legal point of entry or channel for undocumented immigrants. So people crossing the border would not have to cross the open desert risking their lives and their families’ lives. A real accounting of who is entering our borders can then be accomplished without having to create such expensive and unpopular ideas as a national ID card.

It would also allow those who have been working illegally in the United States to come from out of the shadows. This would decrease the mystery of who these undocumented immigrants are. We also believe that those law-abiding immigrants should be given a path to citizenship not just a temporary work visa. Priority should be given to those who have been here longer and have been law abiding since their arrival. If they are not given a path to citizenship with this guest worker program then many may never come out of the shadows. And the problem will remain unresolved.

Economics is certainly a good reason to consider creating a guest worker program and reforming the antiquated immigration system we currently have but it is not the only reason. Comprehensive immigration reform is needed to secure our nations porous borders. Ever since Sept. 11, 2001 our nation has been under constant threat of attack from radical Muslim groups, like Al-Qaeda, who wish to do us harm. Because of our porous borders numerous immigrants are flocking across undetected. This poses a very real risk to our country as radicals are becoming more sophisticated as to our vulnerabilities. With increased border patrol agents and enhanced technology we could prevent people from entering our country illegally while having a guest worker program established would allow for a point of entry for those people who come simply to work. So it is possible and in our economic interests to secure our borders and still have a steady flow of willing workers for our nations economic benefit.

But, there is one other reason why we need comprehensive immigration reform enacted in this country and that is to defuse the ever-increasing amount of racial tension that has been building in the last couple of years. Because of the large number of undocumented immigrants coming into this country we have seen several grassroots organizations spring up to address the situation. And while many may be just hard working Americans fighting for the good of this country there is an underlying hostility towards the Latino community in these groups.

These groups such as the ‘Minute Men Project’ (MMP) and ‘Save Our State’ (SOS) have organized against illegal immigration, which as concerned citizens is totally acceptable. But, the Southern Poverty Law Center has cited that at many SOS rallies against illegal immigration one can find sieg-heiling skinheads and other white supremacists and SOS founder Joseph Turner has not turned them away. Turner is also quoted as saying “just because one believes in white separatism that does not make them a racist.â€
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

DD is soooo busted! Good work Virginiamama!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Well that was amusing. Great job! Don't ask me how, but I knew instinctively that her post wasn't quite sincere. Maybe all these issues like globalism, new world order, etc is making me so paranoid that I'm beginning to develop a 6th sense about it.

I just hopes she comes back.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    I just hopes she comes back.
    She will, she likes to get in the last word.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You are indeed a hero, Vmama!!! I just had a gut feeling that something was wrong!!!!

TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Jean did you see her other posts around the board under News ? Pretty funny. She can't seem to say anything more than a line or two and then she has to "cut and run".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Vmama deserves a medal !!!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast