Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by pandabear
    When I hear pro-illegals saying that they will take over because they are the ones making babies and whites are not well there is a good reason. Legal Americans (most of them) are not irresponsible and mass producing children they simply cannot afford and going to another country to milk the system.
    This is exactly what they mean.
    You old white people. It is your duty to die...through love of having children, we are going to take over.

I don't understand these people. If all of them want to come here and make out of US an Spanish country, why leave their countries? And if they make US a Spanish country, they will make the same mess they have made in their countries.

The minutemen have tapes of everything they have said. I wonder why Lou Dobbs does not play those tapes for the entire country to see? That would be the best way to wake up all America.

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    If religion is telling them its wrong to use birth control why are they finding condoms in the desert?
    Oh, they use plenty of birth control. They WANT the babies. Having children is a sort of "social security" for them. Their children can climb the fence and milk the U.S. when they're too old to do it anymore.
    I guess everyone in this country would like to have a big family. I would have loved to have at least 4, but all of us know that pleasure is very expensive and it is a lot of responsability. These illegals don't think that way, because they know the government takes care of them.

For some reason I think we anti-illegals are going to lose the battle. There are things happening that all Americans don't know. Today a senator said that according to immigration laws people could become citizens through marriage, and that it was not happening. That's a lie, I know that many people are getting married here not for love, to get the visa, and it is happening a lot. They are also giving thousands of visas to people who enter illegally, and the point is that a person should not come illegally, and get a visa, they should have the visa when they leave their country.

Quote Originally Posted by krazynbama
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Hello opinion!

You brought up something we rarely hit on in here. We know our education system is being abused but we rarely talk about eliminating education for illegal immigrants. We talk about the Dream Acts and that illegals want to bilk us for college educations too. We also talk about English as a Second Language Classes(ESL). We rarely talk about stopping the abuse. We seem to recognize the problem, but really don't face the solutions. We should deny them educations. Also, the US is not the only country Mexico does this to. Children cross Mexico's southern border daily to go to school.

Dixie
    As a teacher, I can tell you there is a big problem occurring. My system does not have the money to provide the number of ESL teachers needed. It does affect my science classes and I am very frustrated and angry over it. I love my students, all of them, but I feel that it is very unfair to sacrifice so much to educate the children of illegals at the expense of the legal children's education. I have several students that I know are the children of illegals....they disappear for a couple of weeks then return far behind the rest of my class. If you ask them where they've been, the response is often "to visit my grandmother" and sometimes they slip up and say "in Mexico". Some miss a day and when I ask for their homework they say "I didn't get to do it because I was at the doctor with my mother...she doesn't speak English so I have to help her." Yes, this happens on a weekly basis. I am not allowed to do anything about it. Now, if a student misses a certain number of days in the school year, the parents are required to come sign papers at the school, then given a warning that their child could be dismissed and the parents could be held accountable. Of course, certain parents do not show up to sign these papers due to fear of being caught here illegally. It's a shame what is going on in our education systems. I could go on and tell you much more, but I'll leave it at that for now.
    Hi Krazynbama, Of course, certain parents do not show up to sign these papers due to fear of being caught here illegally. Yeah, they don't show up to sign these papers to fear of being caught here illegally, but they don't fear to be caught when go to collect the welfare check. Remember that these people who have come here illegally with 3,4, and more children, and have had more children here are irresponsible people, and that is the way they are, they can't pay attention to so many children, they have more than what they can handle, they just came here to find a life they could not have in their countries, because in those countries their governments could not care less about them. But they are intelligent enough to know that in US the government takes care of them. And these children will be the future gangs, and criminals of this country. This is the reason why I say that the main concern in fighting against this invasion should be the children of those illegals. They should not be citizens if they are born to people who have broken the law and are here illegally. Also, if parents don't help children, and they don't function in school, the blame goes to the teachers.

When you miss three weeks of school to go to Mexico, miss days for marches, miss days because you are really sick, don't come because there's something better to do, come to school late because your tired and have parents who can't read or write in any language you will not do well in school-it's practically guaranteed.

It's not the schools fault that children are left behind. It's also the parents! I absolutely hate the "No Child Left Behind" mantra.

Because the parents are uneducated and can't speak English our tax dollars are used for preschools for children as young as 3 so that the kids can learn English. After elementary school there is an after school program so the parents get free day care. While they are at school or preschool we are feeding them on our tax dollars breakfast, lunch and snacks. In the summer there's a program so the kids can eat free lunch.

So the schools can get more money for the illegals education we have a migrant program with a migrant recruiter who goes and recruits students. Of course while they are recruiting students they give the parents help finding English classes, parenting classes, housing, jobs etc. Of course not all migrants are illegal but many are.

The perks go on and on for the illegals.

Because the parents are uneducated and can't speak English our tax dollars are used for preschools for children as young as 3 so that the kids can learn English
    Horse pucky!!! As a baby, I was adopted into a Polish immigrant family. My first language was Polish. I spoke no English until I went to school. My adopted mother sent me to an IRISH catholic school where no one spoke Polish.

My adopted family tells me that my mouth was running in English inside of 6 weeks. And we continued to speak in Polish in our home. By the time I was 6 years old, I was bi-lingual in two languages. Then I went to live with my Cheyenne grandparents, and by the time I was 7, I was bilingual in 3 languages. No one "taught" me to speak the languages. I just learned by asking questions. No big deal!!

Kids are like sponges. They will pick up language much easier than adults. So we should stop teaching them like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    Because the parents are uneducated and can't speak English our tax dollars are used for preschools for children as young as 3 so that the kids can learn English
    Horse pucky!!! As a baby, I was adopted into a Polish immigrant family. My first language was Polish. I spoke no English until I went to school. My adopted mother sent me to an IRISH catholic school where no one spoke Polish.

My adopted family tells me that my mouth was running in English inside of 6 weeks. And we continued to speak in Polish in our home. By the time I was 6 years old, I was bi-lingual in two languages. Then I went to live with my Cheyenne grandparents, and by the time I was 7, I was bilingual in 3 languages. No one "taught" me to speak the languages. I just learned by asking questions. No big deal!!

Kids are like sponges. They will pick up language much easier than adults. So we should stop teaching them like adults.
    CheyenneWoman,
    You are right, this is what I always say myself "kids are like sponges, and they can learn a language just by watching cartoons, and listening.

I think that bilingual program was created just as another form to milk-off the system. A child's vocabulary is reduced, and it takes an adult to understand people from all Spanish countries, because words that are used in one country to say something are not used the same way in another. I met one of those teachers, she knew broken English, and her Spanish was not the kind of Spanish a graduated teacher knows.

I tell you a story, when a friend of mine took her little girl to kindergarten, a couple of days later the girl told the mother that she was in an Spanish class, this girl's mother does not speak Spanish, but the girl's last name is Spanish, so the mother went to school to find out if they were teaching the girl Spanish as a second languare, and what she found out was that they place the girl in the bilingual program because her last name was Spanish. The mother asked for the girl to be remove from that program, and they told her that if she was Spanish she had to be there.
    This is what goes on.

The mother asked for the girl to be remove from that program, and they told her that if she was Spanish she had to be there.
    This is what goes on.
    Who decides??? And why is this a requirement? This is so far past insanity that it's incomprehensible.

They probably gave her a test to see if she needed to be in ESL. The test is tricky and even an only English speaking child could fail it. I used to help give the tests so I do know something about them.

Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    The mother asked for the girl to be remove from that program, and they told her that if she was Spanish she had to be there.
    This is what goes on.
    Who decides??? And why is this a requirement? This is so far past insanity that it's incomprehensible.
    CheyenneWoman, it is a requirement because they have to have kids that belong to that program, otherwise the teachers have no job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday
    They probably gave her a test to see if she needed to be in ESL. The test is tricky and even an only English speaking child could fail it. I used to help give the tests so I do know something about them.
    The only reason they placed this girl to that program was because of her name. Her mother does not speak Spanish, so the girl's language is English, but her last name Spanish. Besides, a child in K?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast