Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by firecracker
    Gates, who runs a foundation with his wife that is the world's largest charity, said flexibility of movement for higher-skilled workers was especially important for his global company.
    First of all Gates- Americans are the most highly skilled and productive people in the world. What makes you think Mexicans would be highly-skilled?
    Gates- you and your wife are pigs. You aren't satisfied with being the "richest people" in the world, but you want even more. You are both gluttons.
    I wish you could remember where you came from. Because without the freedoms granted to you as an American, you wouldn't have come close to achieving any of your goals. And you certainly wouldn't have become one of the most powerful or richest man in the world.
    Don't you have any alliegance to your fellow Americans? Don't you love your country, Mr. Gates? If you answered no to either question, you should be deported along with your family.
    Your right!!! Maybe he and his wife can head over to mexico and help out all the mothers and children that are left behind..while their husbands are getting them a better life.

He donated 30 million of bucks to Mexico and nobody knows where is the money??????????

I've heard computer science curriculums have lost the appeal they once had because of all the hb1 holders taking jobs & depressing wages.
    Exactly. These days, the glitz and high pay have for many (not all, but many) IT jobs has faded away. Since the compensation has sunk so much, why would a person choose to go into a field where a typical degree requires 5 to 5.5 years? You can do just as well by choosing another (and often, not as technically intense or demanding) field and get done sooner.
    Mr. Gates, people need incentives or reasons to choose the field. Undermining what little earning power remains for many IT people doesn't do anything to help that. You would be more successful by using your vast fortune(s) to sponsor people through school focusing on math/science/engineering areas - then, you'll have a predictable and ample supply of local talent to fill your supposed needs for the long term.

Having said all the above, the overall representation (proportion) of folks making a living in the IT/high-tech sector is surprisingly small. The world still needs people to put out fires, drive trucks, take care of kids, teach, fix things, etc, etc.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Americanpatriot :

Thanks for the earlier comment - a big nod to you as well!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BETO
    He donated 30 million of bucks to Mexico and nobody knows where is the money??????????
    Hey BETO
    How's it going? Anybody coming home?

Maybe it went for cross the border kits and pocket tongue running shoes.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    Yea, like we need more unemployed computer technicians.

I've heard computer science curriculums have lost the appeal they once had because of all the hb1 holders taking jobs & depressing wages.

Don't we have a couple of un/underemployed computer people here?
    Well, you've got me, but I got out before the bottom totally gave way.

At my company, AT&T, we were bringing in people from India, housing them together in groups in company sponsored apartments, and were expected to train them to replace us.

Meanwhile, all the new jobs were in "Quality" management, then later, ""Diversity" officers.

It didn't take a computer genius to see the writing on the wall.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    Yea, like we need more unemployed computer technicians.

Don't we have a couple of un/underemployed computer people here?
    Well, you've got me, but I got out before the bottom totally gave way.

At my company, AT&T, we were bringing in people from India, housing them together in groups in company sponsored apartments, and were expected to train them to replace us.

Meanwhile, all the new jobs were in "Quality" management, then later, ""Diversity" officers.

It didn't take a computer genius to see the writing on the wall.
    COUNT
    for some years now {not recent!} I've listened to Americans talking about 'training their replacements' for their companies and then being forced to take a buy out!

Now, only now is it being made more public!!

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBREED
    Are you going to call him a traitor now?
    Your God damn right I am Bill Gates BRAGS about hiring Indians, and probably your countrymen as well!! When will he brag about hiring AMERICANS?? The guy sux. He is not innovaitve, intelligent or forward thinking. He is simply a greedy a-hole. He can suck a microchip for all I care.......
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Welcome, NewBreed. I would say after reading your posts that you are somewhat in the dark about what this government is trying to pull.

I think my next computer will be a MAC.

Can't find 30 million? I'm sure El Presidente knows where it went. I bet he crosses his fingers behind his back, when saying "he" doesn't know where it went. The luxuries he enjoys aren't free. Or maybe he paid coyotes with some of it to bring his family here to pick vegetables.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast