Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    I think the idea of massive round-ups is poorly thought out and counter-productive to our cause. It makes me think of jackboots and swastikas. I find the image it creates totally repugnant. Here's how I see it.

1. Seal the damned border! Nothing else we talk about is more important than that. We've got to stop the bleeding before anything else.

2. Enforce Federal law against criminal employers, including STIFF jail time for repeat offenders.

3. Allow local law enforcement to arrest those here illegally and REQUIRE I.C.E. to take custody whether it's one or 100.

4. Clarify the 14th Amendment, reversing 'birthright citizenship' for anchor babies.

5. Eliminate taxpayer-funded social services to illegal aliens.

6. Require valid proof of legal status to vote in ANY election.

If we re-establish America for Americans, the theory of self-deportation will be proven a fact.
    I agree with your 6 points. However, I DO NOT agree that massive round-up is "poorly thought up or counter-productive to our cause".
    Our cause, is a lost cause, unless we can use every single measure available to us to enforce our laws. Our country has a strong constitution and our representatives need to ensure that America is a safe country from invasion by illegal immigrants, no matter what origin.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    OK, maybe it's just a misunderstanding. I have no problem with illegals getting arrested and deported by the busload if thats what it takes. My problem is with the 'implied' use of troops to do it. If they need the National Guard for transport trucks, no problem. ICE and local police are not troops, so I would have no problem there.

My problem is with the Constitutional issues of US troops on US streets.

Well if they continue to organize and protest in the streets of OUR country, the American public may DEMAND that ICE trucks and the National Guard come in and yes...round them up and DEPORT.

It's going to depend on how much United Stated Citizens are going to be willing to be walked all over. After 9/11, we don't look to kindly to being taken advantage of for anything. I think that is something President Bush is going to HAVE to come to understand.....otherwise he's going to start walking a very thin line towards impeachment.

The ports deal was enough. The American people are not going to want to see him walk away whistling a happy tune when we can cleary see the numbers of people who disregarded our laws and have walked right in to
    our country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The bottom line is that the American people want ACTION. They want illegal aliens removed from our country mostly by the persuasion of strong warnings followed up with carrying out the warnings.

Warn em and deport em.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    This would be my ONLY concern...

Posse Comitatus Act
    Source: G-OPL

"POSSE COMITATUS ACT" (18 USC 1385): A Reconstruction Era criminal law proscribing use of Army (later, Air Force) to "execute the laws" except where expressly authorized by Constitution or Congress. Limit on use of military for civilian law enforcement also applies to Navy by regulation. Dec '81 additional laws were enacted (codified 10 USC 371-7 clarifying permissible military assistance to civilian law enforcement agencies--including the Coast Guard--especially in combating drug smuggling into the United States. Posse Comitatus clarifications emphasize supportive and technical assistance (e.g., use of facilities, vessels, aircraft, intelligence, tech aid, surveillance, etc.) while generally prohibiting direct participation of DoD personnel in law enforcement (e.g., search, seizure, and arrests). For example, Coast Guard Law Enforcement Detachments (LEDETS) serve aboard Navy vessels and perform the actual boardings of interdicted suspect drug smuggling vessels and, if needed, arrest their crews). Positive results have been realized especially from Navy ship/aircraft involvement.

Well if they continue to organize and protest in the streets of OUR country, the American public may DEMAND that ICE trucks and the National Guard come in and yes...round them up and DEPORT

I would like to change that MAY to will and suggest we get on our telephones tomorrow to start hammering ICE about allowing thousands of illegas to mob our streets with impunity.

I read that Chertie is in trouble - he might be willing to do a crackdown to show he's a "man" he he
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

I don't really care HOW they get them out of here. Mass roundups or just anything they can devise...get those SCUMBAGS OUT!!

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Banned
    ICE trucks and National Guard are perfectly ok with me. They're not DoD.

You know, I get angry too. Hell, we're ALL angry about it, as we should be. That's what will allow us to follow through with this and change the course of our country. The tide is turning, as every poll out there will tell you. We ARE winning this fight.

But we must be in control of our anger. There are a lot of folks out there who will twist your 'righteous indignation' into 'racist hate-mongering' at the drop of a hat, regardless of the truth. I cut this from the Minuteman webpage, it helps calm me down when I want to break things.

"We can and we will make a difference. We, as citizens, are the government, are acting within the social contract of our right to freedom, and we will apply our efforts within the limits of the laws we have created. Regardless of whether we agree with the constraints on our limited ability to stem the flow of crime across our borders, we will display the highest level of restraint, thus proving we are responsible citizens and that our character is consistent with our ability to stay within the boundaries of the law."

We're gonna win. Really.

Perhaps if you were a man who lived next to an overcrowded illegal alien harborage and you had to get up and go to work and wonder if today is the day the mass of illegal aliens living next door will get drunk and cut, gut, and rape my wife and daughter you would feel differently about door to door round-ups.
    And perhaps if you were a woman living across the street from a house that is either running illegals or drugs (and has been reported many times by various neighbors as such) wondering which night the bullets are going to come flying through your bedroom windows..........

Perhaps if you didn't dare drive down the street at night for fear you would be the innocent victim of a driveby shooting at a traffic light........

Perhaps........

But people who don't live in border towns DON'T experience those things as a daily dose of a hated way of life the way we do, therefore they don't experience the same brand of fear we do for the reality of the situation. Their papers seem to publish the fact that the crimes were committed by illegals; ours strive to hide that bit of information.

I tried to see two sides to this argument. Sorry if I stepped on your toes.

I still think these people do enough stuff on the streets where we could get rid of a good share of them if the cops were only allowed to do it. Further, if the "bread-winner" gets arrested and/or deported and the wife and kiddies have no source of income, they might just hop back across the border where they came from.

Banned
    I still think these people do enough stuff on the streets where we could get rid of a good share of them if the cops were only allowed to do it. Further, if the "bread-winner" gets arrested and/or deported and the wife and kiddies have no source of income, they might just hop back across the border where they came from.

That sounds a lot like my original point.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast