Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

There was no previous agreement on distribution of time to debate Coburn's amendment, Levin questioned that, and then Coburn requested a Quorum Call. Seems that the party-line bickering continues... (let's hope so, if exercised absolutely, that would be enough to keep the DA from being approved).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Pardon me if this has been answered before, but did Durbin "introduce" his amendment this morning, or has it already been introduced? (I thought he already introduced it.) And does he need to reserve time to debate it and bring it up for a vote -- and is that what he did?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

10:15 am PT.

In Quorum Call - no significant updates as of late.

Populist: I believe it has been formally introduced several days ago.

As far as reserving time to debate - I didn't notice any such thing. I think that is the underlying concern here so far. Introduce it, play it up, and then not provide time for BOTH sides to debate it... hmmm, kinda sounds like sleazy tactics to me...

Phrede I just called Senator Smith's office of Oregon and his aide was told it wouldn't even be coming up for a vote in the DoD bill? What does it sound like to you?

Hi there Gogo. Hmmmm... interesting, but I don't know how s/he could really know that. ...It could be disinformation intended to deflect public input (eg. resistance) too. I hope what you're saying is true, but I don't trust 'em until I've verified it.

Gogo -

Re:
    ...and his aide was told it wouldn't even be coming up for a vote in the DoD bill?
    Hmmm, considering how sleazy things have progressed so far, and all the stops the Durbin is pulling to get this voted on and enacted, here's another potential strategy:

1. Offer the DA as an amendment into the DOD bill.
    2. Pull it from the DoD bill, and offer it separately as a stand-alone or attached to something else.
    3. Force the vote in that other context - in order to limit or prohibit debate in (2) above.

???

Thanks PhredE. I'm unsure of how exactly this process works and it's been quite a few moons since my political science courses.

See this statement from Durbin:

“We’re hoping it will come up this week,â€

Sen McCaskill (D-MO) speaking, offering an amendment 2999

Seems to be covering foreign policy/Iraq and related.... 10:32 am PT.

Populist: Re:
    Thanks PhredE. I'm unsure of how exactly this process works
    My answer: you, me and most of the Senate, I'm sure.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast