Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Gogo -

Re:
    ...and his aide was told it wouldn't even be coming up for a vote in the DoD bill?
    Hmmm, considering how sleazy things have progressed so far, and all the stops the Durbin is pulling to get this voted on and enacted, here's another potential strategy:

1. Offer the DA as an amendment into the DOD bill.
    2. Pull it from the DoD bill, and offer it separately as a stand-alone or attached to something else.
    3. Force the vote in that other context - in order to limit or prohibit debate in (2) above.

???

You may be right Phrede. I just had the same information confirmed by Senator Tim Johnson's office of SD. His aide said that the Dream Act amendment isn't even scheduled for a vote which means it's possible it won't even come to a vote. I wouldn't stop calling though. Make sure they understand that we understand. I think they may try a stand alone. That will light up the phones if Rantel, Hannity, and rest get it going.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gogo -

Re:
    ...and his aide was told it wouldn't even be coming up for a vote in the DoD bill?
    Hmmm, considering how sleazy things have progressed so far, and all the stops the Durbin is pulling to get this voted on and enacted, here's another potential strategy:

1. Offer the DA as an amendment into the DOD bill.
    2. Pull it from the DoD bill, and offer it separately as a stand-alone or attached to something else.
    3. Force the vote in that other context - in order to limit or prohibit debate in (2) above.

???
    There have been alot of Senators say they would vote for this as a stand alone bill, but I would sure think they would be completely out of their mind to bring such a controversial bill up by itself, especially one that speaks so loudly of amnesty.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    Populist: Re:
    Thanks PhredE. I'm unsure of how exactly this process works
    My answer: you, me and most of the Senate, I'm sure.
    They try to confound and confuse us all the time on important issue!!! IT makes my blood boil to think these traitors are supposed to be representing us and instead they are promoting their own agenda and that of the corporate elite.

Webb (D-VA) speaking, and wraps up 10:58am PT.

Coburn (R-OK) now speaking about budget process 11:00am PT.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Gogo. Re:
    You may be right Phrede. I just had the same information confirmed by Senator Tim Johnson's office of SD. His aide said that the Dream Act amendment isn't even scheduled for a vote which means it's possible it won't even come to a vote...
    This is interesting, as it means that:

a). the staffer had to check beforehand the status of the DA and be able to relay the info

b). 'it's possible it won't come to a vote...' but then again, it's possible it might too - and maybe that senator plans on voting on it, but doesn't want that info to escape to the public beforehand...??? Could it be?

... Still, beware of the misinformation/disinformation tack though - just in case.! Keep calling!!!

Still calling. Sen. Voinovch's office advised me there has been some "complications" with the DA, has not been offered yet?? If anyone can elaborate or has futher details from his office, please advise.

This Hate crime amendment really ticks me off, you do realize they will use this bill against us at every turn against illegals and will just add to the out of hand law suits by illegals.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Sen Menendez (D-NJ) wraps up on Hate Crimes amend. 11:15 am PT.

Levin now speaking. 11:17am PT.
    Re: contracting / Iraq

Warner (R-VA) speaking 11:25 am PT. ...more foreign policy/Iraq

[Transcriber break, ETA is about 10-15 minutes]

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast