Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Plan B - mine is very simple.

My thoughts on this have always been to hit the employers in the pocketbook. That would have to do some good. If we don't give them our money, they can't hire the illegals - or 'guest workers'.

That is something that will work no matter what this government comes up with.

This is not a complex issue - it really isn't.

Some of these people are here for nefarious reasons, I know. The majority, however, are here to work and make money. The freebies they get allows them to make very good money.

If they do not have jobs, they won't stay for the freebies - no one can live on the freebies alone - and most of these people will not attempt it. Many would go home voluntarily.

They will be going home healthier (we've given them great medical care), wealthier (lots of money socked away in Mexico), and wiser (some learned trades and many were educated and not just the children.. Maybe they would go home and turn on their own 'leaders'.

Challenge it in court, yes, and it certainly should be challenged - it has to be. Someone smarter than me would have to come up with the right reasons. It seems to me there are many reasons - just need to find the one that will hit the mark, so to speak.

This needs to be stopped and many things need to be decided for sure.

One thing I will not do is even consider the fact that voting for one party member of the other is the anwer..

To waste my vote to 'punish' this President.

Even if this travesty gets passed, we need people in there who will oppose this President in order to see no more sell outs occur and that any part of this bill that can be enforced will be.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Defens
    2nd, they need to be re-trained!
    RE-PROGRAMED
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dxd, I will do my best to vote out any republican candidate who votes for guestworker and amnesty, I have to tell you though, you are beginning to sould like a drippy faucet, man, nag,nag,nag,bash,bash,bash, the republican party only, I am sick of it! I don't think you have ever made a post that you are not bashing republicans and trying to get everyone else to do the same, get over it ok??Its all of them!
    concernedveteran, I am ready for plan B myself, I will say though there has been some strong republican leadership in this same, I have yet to see anything like that coming from the democratic side except for the 4 who voted against this bill.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

dxd
    The fact that I focus on Republicans indicates that I focus on the problem. The Republican party is the controlling party right now and as such they are responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by dxd
    The fact that I focus on Republicans indicates that I focus on the problem. The Republican party is the controlling party right now and as such they are responsible.
    That is the point. Those of us who supported the GOP over the Dems counted on the GOP to defend America---instead we get this bs!

dxd
    Quote Originally Posted by saveamerica
    Quote Originally Posted by dxd
    That is the point. Those of us who supported the GOP over the Dems counted on the GOP to defend America---instead we get this bs!
    I agree completely with your comments. I was a supporter of Bush and the R party in 2000. And then in 2001 he calls for amnesty. I did a write-in in 2004.

I am angrier at the Republicans than probably any of you - although I don't feel like the President has dissappointed me - I expected nothing less from him. That doesn't mean I am not livid at what he has done.

Now, this is not, I repeat, not a partisan issue. Just look at it. There are some in Washington that are at least talking the right things. That is more than anyone but Tancredo has done for a very long time.

But don't let your anger and a short memory let you do something that will just keep us in the same rut.

We are in this mess because we (as a nation), allowed ourselves to vote 'the party line'. We got party hacks, know nothings, spinless, souless critters elected because we voted party line. The parties made sure we had no choices other than their chosen corrupt individuals.

So we want to perpetrate that by 'punishing' the Republicans. 'Punishing' is a negative, time wasting energy. We need to do positive things.

This President is in there for 2 more years after this election. The Democrats have always been for illegal immigration - always. They are pushing this thing as much as the Republicans. So we decide let's give the President all Democrats - so there will be absolutely no opposition - no one speaking out in our favor.

Now that sounds like a real plan to me - give him exactly what he wants.

He has had the Democrats behind him in all the destructive things he has done. There has been token dissent - but only that - and after the fact.

Oh, they screamed on the Supreme Court nominees - pretending they cared whether or not they were for or against abortion. That is such a crock. That was just to get donations. All they have to do is scream "Roe v. Wade is in trouble' and checkbooks start slapping the table with donations to both parties. It is a cash cow - they don't care about abortion, either of them.

I am not advocating for the Republicans - just for using some common sense here.

We have this power in the Republicans because Americans were so fed up with the excesses of the Democrat Party. So they decided to elect Republicans and stand behind them no matter what - and this is what we have.

Now some want to get back at the Republicans and vote in Democrats no matter what?

Haven't we learned anything?

If you give this President a Democratic controlled congress - we won't have time to do anything to conteract the amnesty. This President and Teddy Kennedy will get together and there will be no troops on the border, no security on the border - probably no Minutemen allowed on the border. All the things to help stop or curtail it will be gone in a flash.

If you think this amnesty is a giveaway - just wait until Pres. Bush., Boxer, Kennedy, Pelosi open their little goody bags.

Some of you are truly just angry at the Republicans - that is certainly understandable. We must be careful what we do.

Just because one party is in power doesn't mean that party holds all the power. The Democrats are purposefully looking powerless - that way the Republicans take all the heat for this mess.

Doesn't anyone blame the Democrats also?

I voted for Reagan and have been "straight ticket" on the Republican party since the "contract with America" in '94. I expected a gradual change for the better with the Republicans winning the House and Senate and my expectations grew when GW Bush was elected POTUS.
    Instead we have an endless "WOT", no border security, amnesty for illegals, a national debt in the trillions, record high fuel and energy prices, the Katrina failures, record high housing prices, a failing health care system, infrastructure overload, ineffective public schools, an identity theft crisis, the loss of growing number of US businesses, and off shore job outsourcing.
    I will now only vote for those that address the above issues with goals and answers. The grinning and double talking liars will never again see my vote as the grinning and giggling tells me that they are cheats, crooks, and liars.

I am no longer A Dem ... after 40 years ... I did not leave them ... they left me and all working men and women of America.
    "One Flag ... One Language ... ONE COUNTRY"....... Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    If anyone thinks for one minute, that I would trade off
    Tancredo
    Inhofe
    Colburn
    Poe
    Sensenbrenner
    Sessions
    For
    Teddy
    Boxer
    Clinton
    Schumer
    Reid.
    Feinstein
    YOU HAVE GOT TO BE NUTS!
    I so agree with nittygritty. As disappointed as I am with many in the national Republican party, I can "NEVER" "EVER" vote for any Democrats, just because of the many reasons that have been posted on this thread, and along with many other reasons.

The Dems are anti-American, and want total amnesty.

I'm a new Republican and am working on the local and state level for hard core anti-illegal immigaration candidates. That's what caused some of these candidates to run for office in the first place. I've heard them say many of the same things that are said on this board about the immigration issue.

Here's one of the campaigns on illegal immigration we're working on in this area. It's called the "Campaign For Legal Immigration" And It's coming from the county GOP Action Club. We are trying to do something about the illegal issue, and make a difference in our area with our billboard campaign. Hopfully it will make people think, become involved and stand up for our national sovereignty before it's to late.

http://www.theactionclub.com/

I have never heard any Republicans in the county party that I work with defend the Presidents immigration plan. On the contary, they're just as angry as those that are on this board.

I have to agree with one of the posters that said they expected more from the Republicans, because they were supposed to be the Conservative party. That's why I thing there's so much hurt and anger over this issue from Conservatives. Most of us feel betrayed, I know I do. And when I say us, I mean Conservitives. I'm a Constitutional patriot, and Conservative first. Being a Republican is almost nnonexistent for me.

The Republican party is as close to Conservatisim as I could get, at this point in time, that has a chance against the Democrats. So I'll be voting against the illegal sympathizers in the Republican Party, but will not through hurt and anger, cut my nose off dispite my face, and allow the totally pro amnesty Democrats in. At least some in the Rep party are fighting the good fight, so far. And I "will" support them as long as they continue to hold that line.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast