Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/iran/nuke.htm

It appears the Iran-Iraqi War resulted in the destruction of theiir nuclear power plants and then they suspended their program.

Geez...war is so destructive.

So that explains it even better...they want to RESUME their nuclear power program.

Why in the world would we object to that? We're the ones that sold them on the idea to begin with.

Expediting nuclear power plant construction in the US is this Wackident's Energy Solution for the US.

On what basis would we object to IRAN a nation we sold on the idea 30 years ago following through on what we said they should do and are in fact telling ourselves now we should do?

Well, anyway, it appears that reason is prevailing and the Wackident is backing off his threats against Iran deciding that a third failed war is not what he wants branded on his Legacy.

Gosh, I don't know... MAYBE BECAUSE THE IRANIAN PRESIDENT WHO IS SUDDENLY INTENT ON ENRICHING URANIUM HAS THREATENED TO BRING THE WORLD TO THE BRINK OF TOTAL DESTRUCTION AND TO WIPE ISRAEL OFF THE MAP.

Ya' think?

For the record, "we" didn't sell "them" on the idea. We made the offer to a moderate government under the Shah which had no expansionist aims. This Iranian government is not that Iranian government, but is rather a radicalized theocracy bent on imposing Islam on the entire world by force if and when possible. Sheesh.

If you believe the Germans didn't know what Hitler was doing; that they didn't support what he was doing ... then well, Dear, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Because the Germans did know and they supported every single bit of it.
    Right. Like you and I supported amnesty for 20 million illegal alien invaders, open borders, the dismantling of the US into the NAU. If it hadn't been for the members of the House that is where WE would be. What if there had been Internet in Germany to put out the real news?When it all became history the world could say the Americans knew what Bush was doing and were all for it. Don't ever think it couldn't happen here.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

7,500,000 Germans died in WWII.

They knew. It wasn't a secret "paper" thing. It was violent broad scale physical invasions of Poland, Austria, Czechoslavakia, France, Hungary, Russia etc., etc.

They knew.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Gosh, I don't know... MAYBE BECAUSE THE IRANIAN PRESIDENT WHO IS SUDDENLY INTENT ON ENRICHING URANIUM HAS THREATENED TO BRING THE WORLD TO THE BRINK OF TOTAL DESTRUCTION AND TO WIPE ISRAEL OFF THE MAP.
    The Iranian President has not threatened to bring the world to the brink of total destruction OR to wipe Israel off the map. What he actually said and meant was to remove the Zionist Regime in Israel...not the land or people. He thinks Israel should be part of Palestine like it was before and the entire reunified country hold a Referendum to select a New Government that represents all Palestinians that includes both Jews and Arabs.

For the record, "we" didn't sell "them" on the idea. We made the offer to a moderate government under the Shah which had no expansionist aims. This Iranian government is not that Iranian government, but is rather a radicalized theocracy bent on imposing Islam on the entire world by force if and when possible. Sheesh.
    The present Iranian Government is one that was elected by the People of Iran. They can remove him if he is not representative of their people or they can elect a new one when his term expires. This is an issue and a problem to be resolved... by the People of Iran. They have a very young energetic, well-educated, highly capable population. If they want to harm the United States or the American People, I would be shocked with disbelief. If they want to allow their government to undertake such an absurd objective, then they will pay a very high price for such nonsense. In order to resume their nuclear program, they have to enrich uranium. There is no dispute over this. They did not SUDDENLY make this decision. They've been working on it for years...just now with the energy crisis and the high cost of crude, it seems to me that all nations including nations like Iran should develop alternative sources of energy especially for electricity.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy, have you been to Iran?
    No. Neither has the President of the United States.

We have had no diplomatic relations with Iran for 27 years.

7,500,000 Germans died in WWII.

They knew. It wasn't a secret "paper" thing. It was violent broad scale physical invasions of Poland, Austria, Czechoslavakia, France, Hungary, Russia etc., etc.

They knew.

You can come around later and say this for sure. However, it was evolution that got them to that point. Being successful in business, powerful, socially acceptable and politically correct, pleasing the church leaders, all began before the first troops marched. What the people knew and when they knew it is important here.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"when they knew it is important here"

Oooh absolutely. I totally agree with that.

Banned
    The Iranian President has not threatened to bring the world to the brink of total destruction OR to wipe Israel off the map. What he actually said and meant was to remove the Zionist Regime in Israel...not the land or people. He thinks Israel should be part of Palestine like it was before and the entire reunified country hold a Referendum to select a New Government that represents all Palestinians that includes both Jews and Arabs.

[quote:1nf7tj4k]For the record, "we" didn't sell "them" on the idea. We made the offer to a moderate government under the Shah which had no expansionist aims. This Iranian government is not that Iranian government, but is rather a radicalized theocracy bent on imposing Islam on the entire world by force if and when possible. Sheesh.
    The present Iranian Government is one that was elected by the People of Iran. They can remove him if he is not representative of their people or they can elect a new one when his term expires. This is an issue and a problem to be resolved... by the People of Iran. They have a very young energetic, well-educated, highly capable population. If they want to harm the United States or the American People, I would be shocked with disbelief. If they want to allow their government to undertake such an absurd objective, then they will pay a very high price for such nonsense. In order to resume their nuclear program, they have to enrich uranium. There is no dispute over this. They did not SUDDENLY make this decision. They've been working on it for years...just now with the energy crisis and the high cost of crude, it seems to me that all nations including nations like Iran should develop alternative sources of energy especially for electricity.

[/quote:1nf7tj4k]
    You are as well informed on what the President of Iran has or has not said as you are about the history of Iran's nuclear program, which is to say, "not at all."

The Iranian nutball has in fact threatened to annihilate Israel, as when he stated that it was a "rotten, dried tree" that would be annihilated by "one storm". (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... wstop.html)

His rhetoric has been consistently inflammatory well beyond the limits of ordinary saber-rattling. Perhaps you did not read the text of his rambling and threatening speech directed at the US and the President?

Banned
    Judy, have you been to Iran?
    No. Neither has the President of the United States.

We have had no diplomatic relations with Iran for 27 years.

Irrelevant. My point is that you presume to speak authoritatively of the conditions on the ground in Iran and of the opinions of the Iranian people when in fact you're just whistling out yer arse. What possible factual basis do you have for the oddball opinions you are offering here on the topic of Iran? You make declarations as though you are intimately aware of Iranian life, then demonstrate that you don't know squat with preposterous claims such as that Iran has produces most of its energy by means of nuclear reactors and has done so for 30 years (when in fact Iran has NEVER had a functioning nuclear power plant!).

I suggest that you have some ulterior motive for defending Iran. I further suggest that if that motive is nothing more than Bush-bashing then you are doing yourself and your fellow citizens and extraordinary disservice by attempting to make light of one of the most serious external threats facing this nation and much of the world.

Suggest all you want. I have every ulterior motive for defending Iran. Let me say it again if you didn't "get it" the first 5 times.

Iran has done NOTHING absolutely NOTHING to the United States in 27 years and then they took hostages to try and barter the return of their Shah so they could put him on trial for his crimes against them.

I am defending Iran's right to nuclear power and I'll defend any nation's right to nuclear power.

I am defending Iran's Government because they have not done ONE THING to hurt the United States or the American People.

I am defending Iran because until they do something that no longer warrants it, they deserve to be defended just like any other free nation.

I am opposed to pre-emptive attacks based on lies, fear, and ignorance about the political situation in these countries. I am opposed to unjustified wars based on lies that we can not win.

You want to Nuke Iran because you think their President is a nut job? Then just say so.

I vehemently disagree with NUKING anyone...until they invade this country and attack American Soil or are on their way in to do so.

PERIOD.