Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    LegalUSCitizen wrote:

Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I'm wrong but there are actually some things that I actually agree with our president on.

To me, wire tapping to stay ahead of the terrorists is good. Personally, I just do not feel threatened by that. Maybe I should, but I don't.

I want us to do things that will keep us from being hurt or killed.

I also don't mind us treating terrorist prisoners harshly.....major nightmarish torturing...no....I'm not able to support that.....but harsh treatment if necessary to get information I am okay with. The enemy does not wear a uniform and does not play by the rules of the Geneva Convention. If they are beheading people than I want to be mean. We cannot be nice with people like this. So I agree with him there too.

Now the NAU and illegal immigration..........I will have no connection, no support, no respect no nothing to do with him.

But I guess I just believe that I have to make the separation between what I am against and what I support.

I hope that can explain where I am on this.

Now I am prepared for those of you who are going to tear into me like hungry great white shark !!
    Well, those that wish to attack you had better save a few of those shark teeth for me too, because I agree with you.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hey American Sister....no shark teeth here.

This is how I look at the demonization of Iran and Chavez. There are certain tenets of all civilzations no matter where they are or under what government or system they developed.

The 10 Commandments as we call it are almost uniformly accepted by every culture and nation in the world. Lying, stealing and murder are all crimes under the laws of almost every nation in the world.

Neither Iran nor Venezuela have ever done anything to us. About 500 students in Iran 27 years ago protested against the US Embassy which got out of control and ended up in the taking of the Embassy and the Iranian Hostage Crisis. Why? They had just completed a Revolution and overthrown the Shah of Iran. They wanted to arrest him and put him on trial for his crimes against them over the years.

They couldn't find him. Turns out he was in the United States. We refused to deport him back to Iran. And this upset them. They took the hostages to try and barter for the return of their Shah. Much the way we feel about people we want to put on trial for crimes but who flee to other countries who give them harbor. None of the hostages were harmed or mistreated while being held at the Embassy. In fact, they released over 30 straight-away; then let another one leave who was suffering from multiple schlerosis; and let 6 others leave awhile later with the Canadians who intervened and provided them with passports.

They were wrong; but perhaps so were we.

In 1988, while we were collaborating militarily with Iraq in the Iraqi-Iranian War using our US Navy to keep the Straight of Hormutz open, our US Navy shot down an Iranian Airliner filled with innocent Iranian Civilians and all 300 passengers died at our hands. There was no retaliation against the US by the Iranians for our terrible mistake with the Iranian Airliner.

There is no evidence in history to prove that the Iranians hold any hatred for the American People or that they have any desire whatsoever to harm us.

The Iraq-Iranian War lasted 10 years with a conservative estimate of casualties at 1,000,000 and others who believe the death count was closer to 3,000,000.

America has never experienced this level of casualty. We lost 447,000 Americans in World War II when the total death count for the entire war including civilians and military was 62,000,000.

What we as Americans must understand and the reality we must face is that we will never risk that level of casualty and never should.

The Iranian Government is being demonized when there is no evidence to support that demonization with hatred towards the United States. The Iranian People love Americans. This President has no animosity or hatred for the American People. Obviously he is upset with the US Government because ever since the 1979 Iranian Hostage Crisis, the US government has refused diplomatic relations and sanctions. There are only 3 items we purchase from Iran...Persian Rugs, Pine Nuts and Specialty Rice.

Credible witnesses to get on the TeeVee to demonize Iran are a dime a dozen. It doesn't mean they are telling the truth. Look at what they do to ALIPAC ... and the anti-illegal immigration movement. They call us all racists..."credible" experts who we know are lying through their teeth about US. If they do that to US on something like illegal immigration, then they would definitely line up the Liar Troops to get on TeeVee and "explain" Jihad to US to justify an invasion of Iran. They already lined them up to lie to US about Iraq to justify an invasion of Iraq. It's same o, same o, same o.

Just remember in the days ahead that the people we are fighting on illegal immigration, open borders, globalism, SPP and NAU are the same people who wanted to invade Iraq on lies and are the same people who would like to attack and invade Iran for any reason they sell and will definitely tell any lie they can muster to make the sale.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

P. S. There are already over 2,000,000 Iranians living in the United States. If they wanted to hurt US, they already would have.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What you've just said seems to make good sense to me.

Okay, but what about Iran giving Hezzbollah the money and weapons in the recent war with Israel ? Also helping the terrorists in Iraq.

Maybe you can help me on that.

BTW, thanks MW !! But tonight I have zero positive statements to say about GWB though. I'm so mad I'll even blame him for Hurricane Katrina hitting New Orleans !! I'm beginning to wonder if even World War II was his fault !!!!

Who knows maybe he's responsible for the Viet Nam War !!

Droughts, famines.........shall I go on ?!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, American Sister, lets see what Hezbollah is all about. Hezbollah is a large, very large group of Arabs in Lebanon that are upset with Israel. They are like a citizen's militia or a terrorist group, depending on the perspective. Hezbollah and Lebanon have disputes with Israel over land-grabbing and Palestinian Refugees from when Israel made all the Palestinians leave their homeland decades ago when Israel formed itself into a nation within the nation of Palestine. Israel has never resolved that dispute with many Palestinians and the Arab nations.

Which is more of a US concern...the fact that Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates provided personnel and funds to execute the tragedy on US Soil we know as 9/11 or someone sympathetic to the Hezbollah and who sends them money?

This US President entertained the Prince of Saudia Arabia after 9/11 in his personal home.

This US President approved giving the UAE control of our Seaports.

Inconsistent isn't it? The people who are according to the government account responsible for 9/11 have never had one second of retaliation; not one military strike against them; not one American Soldier's boots have hit their soil; not one Penny of sanction...nothing. They not only go unpunished, their deeds unavenged, they are treated like Royalty and enriched and rewarded.

While Iran is demonized; threatened; and sanctioned...Iran...a nation except for the Iranian Hostage Crisis 27 years ago has done nothing to damage one brick in the United States or hurt one American Citizen.

As to helping the terrorists in Iraq? If people from Iran are helping the insurgents in Iraq, then my best guess is that these are Iranian expatriots who were purged from Iraq by Saddam Hussein 20 years ago. They may be sympathetic to one insurgent group fighting another insurgent group of Iraqis. Saddam Hussein sent several hundred thousands Iraqis to Iran during the early days of his Regime.

Iranians are Persians. While theyare also Muslim, they are a different group because of this Persian history. The nation is 3% Arab..some of these would be the Iraqis who were ejected by Saddam. IF and it's a big IF any of the insurgents are from Iran, I doubt seriously they are Iranian. They are either Iraqis returning to fight in the insurgency or civil war or they are foreign to Iran and have simply made their way there to eventually find their way into Iraq.

That's my best guess of the situation.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    As to helping the terrorists in Iraq? If people from Iran are helping the insurgents in Iraq, then my best guess is that these are Iranian expatriots who were purged from Iraq by Saddam Hussein 20 years ago. They may be sympathetic to one insurgent group fighting another insurgent group of Iraqis. Saddam Hussein sent several hundred thousands Iraqis to Iran during the early days of his Regime.

Iranians are Persians. While theyare also Muslim, they are a different group because of this Persian history. The nation is 3% Arab..some of these would be the Iraqis who were ejected by Saddam. IF and it's a big IF any of the insurgents are from Iran, I doubt seriously they are Iranian. They are either Iraqis returning to fight in the insurgency or civil war or they are foreign to Iran and have simply made their way there to eventually find their way into Iraq.

That's my best guess of the situation.
    The Iranians are helping their fellow Shi'a in Iraq. Also, they're willing to give some degree of aid to ANY Muslim willing to help them cast out the Great Satan (us).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    P. S. There are already over 2,000,000 Iranians living in the United States. If they wanted to hurt US, they already would have.

Most of the Iranians I know here are secularists and moderates who came here as refugees when the Shah was overthrown. Not only are they no threat to the US, they actively oppose the reign of the Ayatollahs. They cannot be compared to the nutjobs now running Iran. It is a serious mistake to conflate them with the Iranians presently in Iran and threatening the US.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Just my personal opinion. I felt a while ago that we need to back out of all hostile countries, middle eastern, European, etc.. and sit back and let them eat their own, because we know they eventually will, and simply keep tabs on them and their "militias", making sure not a single one of them makes it into our country and deport any who are in our country.

We need to beef up our intelligence, like we had in the Cold War, and watch them with an eagles eye.

Let these countries stew in their own juices, let them war with each other, which we know they will.

We need to stay out of their business and only help those who are in need of our help and ask because of any agressors.

In the meantime, we need to work on our own sorry border situation. Let the middle eastern thugs run their little sorry corner of the world the way they want to as long as they leave us alone.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shi'a

According to this the Shi'a/Shiites represent the majority in Iraq at 55%.

Saddam was a Ba'thist Sunni.

I believe the present government is mostly Shi'a/Shiites.

Why would Iran wish to terrorize a nation where the majority population and the majority rule is of their own brethren?

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast