Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McCain dug himself into a hole. If he would have come out and said "no amnesty" he would have won, IMO.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am so sick...I feel like my heart is broken. Now what? I am not a Christian, but I am praying....OMG I can't believe it! I am just so sick

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    There will be a battle among Republicans and conservatives in the coming weeks and months about where the party should go. I agree that the GOP should get back to real conservatism, traditional values etc., i.e., Ronald Reagan -- not the distastrous policies of GWB and John McCain.

But there will be a battle. Talk radio host Hugh Hewitt just asked Richard Land of the Southern Baptist Convention what the GOP should do. Land's response was (the tired, false open-borders talking points) about the the "nativists" "opposing immigration" and that those who believed what was proposed last summer was amnesty "need remedial English."

If the GOP listens to this claptrap we're in trouble.
    I think the evidence is in! McCain offered them a path to citizenship and did everything any Republican could ever do to try and win the Hispanic vote. It blew up in his face tonight.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is an interesting article from Wikipedia about the 1965 immigration act and the fraud that Democrats, esp. Ted Kennedy perpetrated on a trusting, naive nation.:

During debate on the Senate floor, Senator Kennedy, speaking of the effects of the act, said, "First, our cities will not be flooded with a million immigrants annually. Under the proposed bill, the present level of immigration remains substantially the same.... Secondly, the ethnic mix of this country will not be upset.... Contrary to the charges in some quarters, [the bill] will not inundate America with immigrants from any one country or area, or the most populated and deprived nations of Africa and Asia.... In the final analysis, the ethnic pattern of immigration under the proposed measure is not expected to change as sharply as the critics seem to think.... The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our society. It will not relax the standards of admission. It will not cause American workers to lose their jobs." (U.S. Senate, Subcommittee on Immigration and Naturalization of the Committee on the Judiciary, Washington, D.C., Feb. 10, 1965. pp. 1-3.) The act's supporters not only claimed the law would not change America's ethnic makeup, but that such a change was not desirable. In reality, the Act did result in a flood of new immigration from non-European nations that did change the ethnic make-up of the United States. By 2050, the U.S. Census Bureau contends that immigration paterns and attendant differences in birth rates, combined with an overall slowdown in growth in the country's population, will produce a United States in which 53 percent of the people will be non-Hispanic whites. Coinciding with this ethnic change has been increased growth of the Democratic Party, and many contend that it was the true objective of the '65 Act to create an ethnic makeup that would favor liberal governments and create an atmosphere in which the objectives of the Civil Rights Era could be accomplished. The Immigration Act of 1965 shifted the focus of immigration law from non-European countries to countries that were considered to be Third World.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigra...ty_Act_of_1965

Yes, Reagan signed the amnesty bill in 1986, but the difference between him and McCain on this issue is that there is ample evidence now on how disastrous the 1986 amnesty was -- how it just exacerbated the problem etc. Yet, despite all of this evidence and information, McCain still pushes amnesty.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by judyweller
    This loss for the Republican has been years in the making. It started in 1965 when Ted Kennedy changed our immigration laws The Immigration Act of 1965 shifted the focus of immigration law from non-European countries to countries that were considered to be Third World. People from the Third World tend to vote Democratic as they want all the freebies and handout the Democrats ofer.

Another turning point was the 1986 the amnesty for illegals. ALmost all of them turned out to vote Democratic.

The other loss is the anchor baby problem -- this years and in the future more anchor babies will be eligible to vote and sponser their parents and siblings for citizenship. They will all vote Democratic.

Our tilt of immigration towards the Third World has made possible the election of Obama and the big losses to Democrats and the Left. It also means the end of American Sovereignty. We are headed into the same sewer that Britian has ended up in with its heavy grants of residency to former Colonies who were and still are thrid World countries -- like Pakistan. If you see the mess that Britain is in with its socilism and poor universal health care, -- this is coming to the US courtesy of the Democratic Party and Barack Obama.
    The Republicans had a real opportunity with Latinos. They tend to be socially Conservative (ie anti-gay marriage, religious, family values, etc) but they failed to court them. Their children (and everyone else's children in this country) on the other hand are being indoctrinated by our liberal school system and so there's little hope for them to vote Republican. But there was still a chance with the older generation.

April
    The problem is SO MANY POLITICIANS are in the globalist elites back pocket! TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE! Time FOR WE THE PEOPLE to get our heads out of the sand and SHOUT WE ARE AS MAD AS HELL AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!! I AM SO SICK OF LIVING IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Yes, Reagan signed the amnesty bill in 1986, but the difference between him and McCain on this issue is that there is ample evidence now on how disastrous the 1986 amnesty was -- how it just exacerbated the problem etc. Yet, despite all of this evidence and information, McCain still pushes amnesty.
    He also had been assured that this would be a once off deal, with safeguards and laws that would be enforced, that would guaranty that the illegal immigration would be curtailed to the point of non-existence. In other words, he was lied to, and didn't recognize the lie.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Might as well cry for America now!
    I personally haven't had a president for 16 years and now I all I can say is good luck with this one...again, I don't have a president. Who ever that guy is he doen't represent me and has no authority over me.

the Democrats are coming, the Democrats are coming...
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

MW
    judyweller wrote:

This loss for the Republican has been years in the making. It started in 1965 when Ted Kennedy changed our immigration laws The Immigration Act of 1965 shifted the focus of immigration law from non-European countries to countries that were considered to be Third World. People from the Third World tend to vote Democratic as they want all the freebies and handout the Democrats ofer.
    You're right. Years of out of control immigration (legal) has changed the country's demographics. It's only going to get worse in the years to come.

CNN just projected Sen. Obama as our next President!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast