Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    I don't think it matters at this point

I just posted a story from Drudge that Indys are voting
    in Florida and they are voting for McCain

I'm sure there are also dems doing it also because the Dems
    don't really have anything to lose there
    Unless the "Indys" changed their party affiliation, they cannot vote in the primaries. That siad, it could be happening in big numbers. I did, but did not vote for McCain.
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Re: Romney

Quote Originally Posted by tancredofan
    After today, there will be only four candidates for president remaining that can actually win the nomination for president of their party: Obama, Clinton, McCain and Romney. Rudy is finished after today. Edwards is already finished. Huckabee was finished after South Carolina and if he wasn't finished then, he will be after Florida.

Obama, Clinton and McCain all clearly and unambiguously support legislation that would allow millions of illegal aliens to remain in the U.S. and apply for legal status and a path to citizenship. Romney does not support such legislation.

Obama, Clinton and McCain all have shown disdain for the fence. Romney supports it and does not find it "offensive".

Romney is the only candidate of the four that has actually taken action to stop illegal immigration. He vetoed in-state tutition rates for illegal aliens.
    Tancredofan,

I specifically asked that this thread be a working thread and not turned into a Romney or Paul campaign ad thread.

The purpose of this thread is not to review the records of the candidates.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Contact Romney campaign staff

Romney for President, Inc.
    P.O. Box 55239
    Boston, MA 02205-5239
    Phone: (857) 288-6400

Florida is a closed primary. Indys and dems cannot vote in the rep primary.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dmartin

Florida is a closed primary. Indys and dems cannot vote in the rep primary.
    wanna bet?

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-100811.html

Just like I figured, when Charlie Crist threw his support behind McCain, I just knew "something strange" would happen in that state to ENSURE that McCain would win.

Native born American citizens in Florida can only depend on the rest of the country to get things done for them, dosesn't everyone know that? They ALWAYS need our help down there. I grew up there, I know that state well. The native born American does not have a voice anymore thanks to South Florida, a place which should be given it's own country status at this point.

Regarding xyz.....I agree with him. By 8:00 PM tonight, everyone is going to have a much clearer understanding of the importance and the impact on our future this Florida primary will most likely have on ALL OF US.

I heard that if McCain wins Florida it might likely have a sweeping affect across the country on super Tuesday.

This is very bad news not only for anti-illegal immigration.

The Romney people in Florida needed a WHOLE lot of back up support in order to win. The voice of the native born American in Florida always gets silenced. No surprises here.

Of course they want "Mr. Amnesty" himself in South Florida!! And we even heard that Mr. Amnesty was considering Charlie Crist to be his VP. I don't know how true that is......but from the looks of things it's very believable.

I had higher hopes, but I don't know why, since I know all too well the dilemma the native born American Floridians face in that state.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks William, I will be calling Romneys number...Though I imagine he is very busy at the moment whipping Mc Cains butt!

I love Romney and have read many of his speeches, even if he does not sign numbers pledge I will still vote for him.

MA is far from the Border and for Mitt to have responded against illegal immigration to the extant he has speaks volumes!

WIN MITT!
    "Â*An appeaser is someone who feds a crocidile hoping to be eaten last " Winston Churchill

Let me amend that to say they SHOULD not be voting. See below from
    http://election.dos.state.fl.us/voterre ... info.shtml

Party Affiliation
    Since Florida is a closed primary state, only voters who are registered members of the two major political parties (Republicans and Democrats) may vote for their respective party's candidates in a primary election. Registered minor political party voters and voters without party affiliation are not eligible to vote for major party candidates in a primary election. However, a constitutional amendment adopted in 1998 states that IF all candidates for an office have the same party affiliation and the winner will have no opposition in the general election, all qualified voters, regardless of party affiliation, may vote in the primary election for that office. (See art. VI, s.5 of the Florida Constitution). Party changes must be made by the end of the 29th day before the Primary Election.

W, I heard Romney last night, too, after Bush's speech. He said he would give the illegals time to get their affairs in order, then they would have to leave the country and enter the legal way. However, it bothered me that he didn't clarify on how long all that would take. How long would he give them to get their affaira in order? How long do they have to stay out of the country? I think these are questions we need answers to.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    W, I heard Romney last night, too, after Bush's speech. He said he would give the illegals time to get their affairs in order, then they would have to leave the country and enter the legal way. However, it bothered me that he didn't clarify on how long all that would take. How long would he give them to get their affaira in order? How long do they have to stay out of the country? I think these are questions we need answers to.
    Lets be realistic and compare this to McCains stated plans

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast