Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I remember in Michigan, after deer season you`d see at least 1 deer hanging in most everyones yard.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Skip
    Growing up in Southern california during the 60's

Captain kangaroo, Engineer bill, Felix the cat, and Supercar were the cartoons.
    What? You forgot Sheriff John? Tom Hatton and Popeye?

Shame on you.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

I went to a 1room country school with 5 classes and 1 teacher. There was a paddle on the wall that said on it, "The Board of Education to the Seat of Understanding."
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    Growing up in Southern california during the 60's

Captain kangaroo, Engineer bill, Felix the cat, and Supercar were the cartoons.
    What? You forgot Sheriff John? Tom Hatton and Popeye?

Shame on you.
    Oh I did forget that on Chanell 34 KMEX they always showed the bull fights (uncensored)

And who could forget Roller Derby.

The Birthday Cake Polka

Put another candle on my birthday cake
    We're gonna bake a birthday cake
    I'm another year old today

I'm gonna have a party with my birthday cake
    Come on and take some birthday cake

We'll have some pie and sandwiches
    and chocolate ice cream too
    We'll sing and play the day away
    and one more thing I'm going to do
    I'll blow out the candles on my birthday cake
    and when I do, a wish I'll make

remember in Michigan, after deer season you`d see at least 1 deer hanging in most everyones yard.
    Not only that but guns were as common as rain. Back of trucks, hanging on walls, in the corner, even brought to school.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

How Old am I?

Hmmmmm!!!

Just let me say that I am so proud of all of you that are sooooo! much younger than I am. Young people willing to fight to keep this country our country and not a third world country. You are doing a Super Job.

When I was a child we didn't have refrigerators we had ice boxes on the back porch. All the kids in the neighborhood would wait for the ice wagon, horse drawn for many years. The guy who delivered it used huge tongs to take the block of ice to the porch and all the kids were given hunks of ice from the back of the wagon. Best ice I ever tasted.

And the highways! WOW! what a change over the years. The first time I traveled cross country from Fla. to CA route 66 and all the main highways were 2 lanes. There also was no bumper to bumper traffic anywhere.

Kids didn't stay in the house to play. There was no TV or computers in the homes. We played jump rope, hop scotch, dodge ball, tag and who wants to be it. In the evening we listened to wonderful radio programs like
    Jack Benny, Sam Spade, The Shadow.

I never dreamed I would see the day when a President and most of the politicians would be so taken over by big business and other interests groups that they would ignore our laws and close their eyes to and Invasion of our country for their own gain.
    It frightens me, disgust's me and I fight every day against their near sighted vision for our country.
    Yes, I am older than dirt but very active in this fight.
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

And who could forget Roller Derby.
    And pre-WWF wrestling from the Olympic Auditorium.

And also Dick Lane saying "Whoa Nellie".

It's amazing how much of this stuff I can still remember with a little prodding.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Cthelight...I'm going to guess that you are 69. Were the bugs beetles? Going to the drive in our jammies, falling asleep before the movie ended...Pong was so much fun and we thought that it was so high tech back then. The only thing that was better was Pac Man...the smell of Bactine still gives me great memories but Sun In was a nightmare and turned my hair orange, we slathered our bodies in baby oil in hopes of getting a tan and listened to our AM radios...mine was in the shape of a ball with a metal chain...Sky rockets in Flight played on the radio, we washed dishes by hand, hand bonfires in the summer, all of the neighbors would come over and life was much more simple.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Crocket, I'm going to say that you are 42.

Mood rings and black and white tv (which no one watched anyway) But if they did, it was Bonanza or Andy Griffith. Penny candy really was a penny.RC Cola had cork under the cap with a cash prize, men had giant sideburns...mutton chops(?)Red Skelton and Dean Martin, staying out all day playing with your friends, only checking in at lunch time because the whole neighborhood kept an eye on the kids, going to bed with the doors unlocked, smelling fresh air...I mean, really fresh.Bozo the clown, quisp cereal, Dick and Jane books, Red Rover...Red Light Green Light. Kids called the adults Mr and Mrs...avocado appliances, tv trays and rotary phones. We played cowboys and indians...none of us ever thought that we really were a cowboy or an indian and we never needed therapy. The cap guns never posed a threat to anyone. We ate dirt and skinned our knees and spent most of our time in the creek and catching frogs. Ligtning bugs in a jar were a special treat and if you forgot to let them out before you went to bed, they were all dead in the morning and stunk up the jar. Hoppity hops and running through the sprinklers...and best of all, just talking with friends like we are now.
    Sorry, I got tied up finishing up a drawing...

You were pretty close: I'm 45.

How about school stuff:

Weekly Reader
    SRA
    mimeographs (remember that smell and the odd purplish print?)
    wax paper art
    Valentines bags
    Christmas pageants
    apples for teacher
    hall monitors

Shad:
    you must have gone past my place on Route 66 (aka, The old mormon Trail)

hmmmmmmmm, let`s see you must have gone through the "Depression" and "Prohibition" WWI and II, I`ll say your in your 80`s.

We`re happy to have you here at ALIPC
    ------------------------

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast