Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I don't care what kind of credit they get. They CANNOT get back more than they paid in. I have filed many a tax return where there was money due me (overseas pay, not welfare perks) and never once could we get anything back that we didn't contribute.

yes, EIN's apply. They are subtracted from the income so that you don't pay tax on x-number of dollars depending upon the exemptions. You can come out with a negative income on the bottom line but if you put in $100 you can't get back more than that. If you put in $5000 dollars, you can't get back more than that. I am serious.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They do it get back even if no income tax is owed or paid. The earned income tax credit is designed to help poor residents and is not limited to one's tax liability. In fact if one files a W-5, then you get this money during the tax year, way before April 15.

Here is the example:

Illegal immigrants under the proposed legislation will be entitled to a tax refund (or "earned income tax credit") of $1000 to $3000 (give or take), even if zero income taxes are paid by them during the year, as soon as "residence" status is granted.

For example, if you are a married illegal with 2 kids, and have adjusted gross income of 25,000, then once you obtain residence you will be entitled to a credit of just under 2,200 (which is fully refundable).

Further, under such circumstances, this person should be entitled to an “exemption” of 12,800 and “standard deduction” of 10,000. Basically, this person will have a tax liability of around “200” on taxable income of 2,200, but (because of the earned income tax credit) this person will actually get a 2,000 refund.

Junius,

You are funny, but have no idea what your talking about. I have practice tax law for 10 years so do me a favor and look up EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT. If you need help let me know.

See http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/ ... 06,00.html.

According to IRS:

The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) sometimes called the Earned Income Credit (EIC), is a refundable federal income tax credit for low-income working individuals and families. Congress originally approved the tax credit legislation in 1975 in part to offset the burden of social security taxes and to provide an incentive to work. When the EITC exceeds the amount of taxes owed, it results in a tax refund to those who claim and qualify for the credit.

I'm not surprised one bit, my husband who is an electrician, works around quite a few legal, and illegal Mexicans, and one said that he got back $6,000 on his income tax return this year

They also BRAG to my husband and his co workers how their wives come here and have their babies for free

The Earned Income Credit pays up to $2200 for the rist child, and another $2200 for the second. Right now it is limited to two children, but I am sure LaRaza will get that raised to eight eventually. Both children have to be born US citizens, so of course anchor babies count.

The guy getting $6000 probably has two US born children, plus he is getting back $1600 in taxes that were withheld from his paycheck.

To get the EIC you have to have a valid SSN, so this guy getting $6000 back is either legal, or an illegal using someone elses SSN.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The child does not have to be US born, but does have to meet certain tests. The max credit was 4400 in 2005.

Here is a sloppy copy of the "rules" as outlined in Pub 596:

Chapter 1. Rules for Everyone
    Rule 1. Your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) Must Be Less Than: [BASICALLY 37 THOUSAND GIVE OR TAKE]

Rule 2. You Must Have a Valid Social Security Number (SSN)

Rule 3. Your Filing Status Cannot Be Married Filing Separately
    Rule 4. You Must Be a U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien All Year
    Rule 5. You Cannot File Form 2555 or Form 2555-EZ
    Rule 6. Your Investment Income Must Be $2,700 or Less
    Rule 7. You Must Have Earned Income [I.E., A JOB]

Chapter 2. Rules If You Have a Qualifying Child
    Rule 8. Rule 8. Your Child Must Meet the Relationship, Age, and Residency Tests
    Rule 8. . Relationship Test
    Rule 8. . Age Test
    Rule 8. . Residency Test
    Rule 9. Rule 9. Your Qualifying Child Cannot Be Used By More Than One Person To Claim the EIC
    Rule 10. Rule 10. You Cannot Be a Qualifying Child of Another Person
    Chapter 3. Rules If You Do Not Have a Qualifying Child
    Rule 11. Rule 11. You Must Be at Least Age 25 but Under Age 65
    Rule 12. Rule 12. You Cannot Be the Dependent of Another Person
    Rule 13. Rule 13. You Cannot Be a Qualifying Child of Another Person
    Rule 14. Rule 14. You Must Have Lived in the United States More Than Half of the Year
    Chapter 4. Figuring and Claiming the EIC
    Rule 15. Rule 15. Your Earned Income Must Be Less Than:
    Earned Income
    IRS Will Figure the EIC for You
    How To Figure the EIC Yourself
    Special Instructions for Form 1040 Filers
    Schedule EIC

This irs publication clearly states that no tax needs to be paid in to get the eic credit and the max credit is in the thousands. They will even give advance payments on the next year. Just imagine how much of our tax dollars will be given to illegals if they are made legal.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/n1015.pdf

So an illegal with a "borrowed" SS#, married with two US kids, earning say $17000 would probably qualify housing assistance, food stamps, Medicaid for kids, free school lunches, etc., would probably get back all withheld taxes PLUS $4400?

Yes, had enuf, that's about the size of it.

This is what I have been arguing all along (other sites) to people who try to tell me how much taxes the illegals pay. Yes, they might 'pay', but they get back more - now a minus means no tax - it means less than no tax.

We need to pay attention where we spend our money. Stop purchasing the products of the companies that are working these people. If they dont' have money, they can't hire illegals and they can't purchase any politicians, let alone an entire congress.

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:20 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Junius,

You are funny, but have no idea what your talking about. I have practice tax law for 10 years so do me a favor and look up EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT. If you need help let me know.

Shawn, I stand corrected. You are right. I had no idea.

We worked overseas and often had a bottom line figure reflecting that we were due a refund. Since there were no contributions, there was, of course no refund due. That is why I insist that they can't get a refund higher than they pay in. Technically, that is still correct.

So you are saying that EIC is just another form of government welfare. How very charming. Every day I learn something that makes me more and more angry with the follies of our government.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast