Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Junius,

No problem. This is one of the many areas that get me "going" as it seems very unfair to reward criminals with our tax dollars when there are other poor Americans that could use money too.

I just don't get what is going on in DC.

I have been boycotting Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC for 1 month now. Just too much BS on TV.

I am boycotting chicken this month.

I am calling in sick to work on May 5th (really I am just using a vacation day as all my sick and vacation days are pooled together).

I am also boycotting all restaurants on the 5th. If we could get everyone to just stay home with his or her families I think we would have an impact.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    So an illegal with a "borrowed" SS#, married with two US kids, earning say $17000 would probably qualify housing assistance, food stamps, Medicaid for kids, free school lunches, etc., would probably get back all withheld taxes PLUS $4400?
    actually..no... regardless of what many of you have heard that is not a true statement. yes im an immigrant, im also an accountant and tax preparer. i prepare hundreds of taxes for legal and illegal immigrants, i know a lot of people believe that illegals dont pay any taxes but they do and a lot, now...im not saying they all do but neither do all americans.

as far as refunds are concerned, most of them dont get very big ones, in the contrary, they have to pay, this is due to the fact that a majority of them get paid in a cash basis, therefore they havent contributed to the ss or medicare in a regularly like regular employees do. When they file their taxes in april, they have to pay this to the gvt even though they will probably never be able to claim the benefits of it.

as far as the eic is concerned, you cannot get it if you have a "borrowed" social. if you work with a ss# that is not yours, then you cannot file your taxes with tht #, it is filed with a tax id #, making you inelegible for the eic. if your kids dont have a social, then you cant get the eic either. Everytime a tax is filed and the person may qualify for the eic, we as tax preparers have to fill out a special form in which we answer whether the filer, his or her spouse (if married) have a SS#, if not then its automatically disallowed.

as far as welfare, food stamps, section 8 and all the other stuff a lot of lazy people love living off, illegals cannot get, only legal people.

Banned
    Immigrantgrl,

I don't know where you're at, but here in Georgia they get food stamps, WIC and Medicaid. Plus 8 grand a year per child for k-12 education. Plus free medical, courtesy of the local ER.

Don't tell any of 'em though, we got enough as it is.

im sad to tell you that i too live in ga

illegal aliens exploit lots of taxpayer services they are not supposed to have using fraudulent documents. How many news stories have we archived about that???

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Immigrantgrl wrote:
    as far as welfare, food stamps, section 8 and all the other stuff a lot of lazy people love living off, illegals cannot get, only legal people.
    I don't know where you got your information at but it is totally wrong! Illegals DO GET WELFARE and FOOD STAMPS! I have family members who work for the welfare office and thousands and thousands are recieving those benefits. Not only that, I worked with an illegal who admitted she was illegal, and she told me that she got food stamps, medicaid, and other freebies and the FREEBIES were the MAIN REASON SHE SNUCK ACROSS OUR BORDER! You need to go do some research, Immigrantgrl. And as far as the tax credits, we were talking about when the illegals are given resident status, they recieve the tax credit. You should know that since you claim to be an accountant and tax preparer. Read the posts again, you will see what we were discussing.
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

if they are made into residents, yes they will be entitled to get the credits if they file their taxes just like you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    illegal aliens exploit lots of taxpayer services they are not supposed to have using fraudulent documents. How many news stories have we archived about that???

W
    yes, they do use fraudulent documents to work, but not to file their taxes. the definition of a resident for IRS purposes is different than what our definition is.

Quote Originally Posted by Immigrantgrl
    if they are made into residents, yes they will be entitled to get the credits if they file their taxes just like you and me.
    And if we make them legal their current tax drain of 50-70 billion dollars per year will increase because they will take advantage of more tax services than they do now and their low incomes will never cover the expenses.

If we legalize them or fail to reverse the flow of illegals out of America you can kiss your hospitals, public schools, street safety, and public health service goodbye America!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Immigrantgrl
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC

W
    yes, they do use fraudulent documents to work, but not to file their taxes. the definition of a resident for IRS purposes is different than what our definition is.
    If they use fraudulent documents to work then their tax documents are fraudulent as well because the information has to match.

If they use a fake SS or another persons SS then the SS takes are deducted under that SS number. If they use a fake name, then their taxes have to be filed under that fake name. Most do not file taxes in the first place.

Many illegal aliens list 6 or more dependents on their paperwork so no taxes are taken from their checks to begin with.

W

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast