Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by badlarry
    That was the first thing I thought about as I watched the entire mess unfold. I came here to see if you guys had a handle on it yet. It was an Asian immigrant? .
    Yes, a Vietnamese-American who came here in 1979 as a refugee escaping Communist Vietnam. That means he was 14 years old when he came here, all of the Vietnamese I know who came at that age speak English well, I guess he was kind of goofy to start with. He might have had some traumatic experiences in Vietnam or during his escape.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, if he is a naturalized citizen that hates America I would say someone may have really missed something during the immigration process.

I wonder if IBM gave his job to an H1B that would work for less? I think I read recently where IBM was lobbying for even more H1B visas to bring in new immigrant workers instead of giving their open positions to American citizens or existing legal immigrants.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by badlarry

I also noticed CNN taking a drastic swing to the left on the gun issues all of a sudden.
    As far as I m concerned CNN has always been on the left of every issue. Starting back to when Ted Turner and his ex-wife Jane Fonda go it all started.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Well, if he is a naturalized citizen that hates America I would say someone may have really missed something during the immigration process.

I wonder if IBM gave his job to an H1B that would work for less? I think I read recently where IBM was lobbying for even more H1B visas to bring in new immigrant workers instead of giving their open positions to American citizens or existing legal immigrants.

W
    One article I read didn't work at IBM. Here's what another source says. But it looks like all sites are now saying he was a naturalized citizen. In another article his sister said he'd been here for 28 years. But the early 90's seems more likely. Although I thought you had to know English reasonably well to pass the test?

Wong was born in Vietnam to a Chinese family. He moved to the U.S. in the early 1990s and soon afterward became a citizen, friends and relatives said. He worked at IBM for a time, friend Hue Huynh said, and after seven years in California, came to Binghamton where he worked at the Shop-Vac plant.

Zikuski said Wong was fired from that job, where he assembled vacuum cleaners.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/WireStory?id=7260413&page=2

Quote Originally Posted by "fedupinwaukegan
    Although I thought you had to know English reasonably well to pass the test?
    No you don't need to know much English, they only ask you ten questions, and you only have to get seven correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I wonder if IBM gave his job to an H1B that would work for less?
    I doubt it, he doesn't seem smart enough to be a programmer. He was probably an assembler or driver there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123