Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The disconnect may be that Nikeshram may actually be buying into the notion that no Americans are educated or capable of doing the job he is doing. From the, limited I grant you, knowledge on this, that isn't always the case.

The fact that employers advertise for foreign workers and say they can't find Americans doesn't make it so. When we have instances, such as the forced retirement of American teachers in order to import Indian teachers who will work for less.

When we have Americans wanting to become RN's, but no schools for them - the importation of RN's can't be justified.

Nikeshram said he has been here 10 years. If this country needed people with his education and ability, our government and industry could have certainly helped Americans get the education and skills needed in that length of time. That once happened here in this country.
    The will on the part of American industry to pay the wages an American needs and wants is not there. They would rather have cheaper foreign labor.

Politicians, for a price, are more than willing to pass laws allowing American workers to be ignored and to allow the law to be skirted.

It isn't a matter of Americans simply being ignorant and incapable.

Americans built and once operated a very powerful country, a free country, and one with a pretty good standard of living. Somehow Americans became ignorant and incapable? Just in the last couple of decades?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    The disconnect may be that Nikeshram may actually be buying into the notion that no Americans are educated or capable of doing the job he is doing. From the, limited I grant you, knowledge on this, that isn't always the case.

The fact that employers advertise for foreign workers and say they can't find Americans doesn't make it so. When we have instances, such as the forced retirement of American teachers in order to import Indian teachers who will work for less.

When we have Americans wanting to become RN's, but no schools for them - the importation of RN's can't be justified.

Nikeshram said he has been here 10 years. If this country needed people with his education and ability, our government and industry could have certainly helped Americans get the education and skills needed in that length of time. That once happened here in this country.
    The will on the part of American industry to pay the wages an American needs and wants is not there. They would rather have cheaper foreign labor.

Politicians, for a price, are more than willing to pass laws allowing American workers to be ignored and to allow the law to be skirted.

It isn't a matter of Americans simply being ignorant and incapable.

Americans built and once operated a very powerful country, a free country, and one with a pretty good standard of living. Somehow Americans became ignorant and incapable? Just in the last couple of decades?
    I totally agree. Did you hear that now they are saying there aren't enough Americans trained in "blue collar" work? Where s the sanity? First they tell us that we aren't educated enough to compete in technology, mathmatics, and science careers, and now they tell us a completely different thing. This is crazy. Can't they make up their minds?

WHY DON'T THEY JUST COME RIGHT OUT AND SAY IT? AMERICANS ARE GOING TO BE REPLACED BY PEONS WHO ARE WILLING TO WORK FOR NEXT TO NOTHING.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Problem!

Quote Originally Posted by ginger-snaps
    ymeoru - I came here legally got separated from my parents, and I'm screaming bloody murder here in Miami. Everyone cares about the hispanics being illegal here. No one cares about how I came here legally and am being screwed over. I wrote and called up CNN, FOX, and all my local news stations about it. No one bothered to e-mail me, or call me back. It's sickening how everyone cares about these ignorant rude hispanics who are here in Miami. I came here, learned all your measurements, how to talk properly down here, and etc.... Any-who no one will listen to a legal immigrant down in Miami. If you're not hispanic you have no hope in hell to do anything down here. I'd move, but I can't because of immigration.
    That's my point. Where is the outcry? You're outnumbered. Your cause is legitimate. Where is the building coalition of individuals that are legal immigrants. We have millions of people who do it the painfully slow, right way. But, the media is stone silent. There are no marches. There are no interviews. We have a cause with a leader and without a voice. And, because their is no leader and we hear nothing for this community, the world assumes there is agreement.

Is this another thing the mainstream media controlling?

According the mainstream media. Barack Obama is the democratic nominee (have you heard one less than glowing news report on him). McCain is the republican nominee. Our voting is a technicality. After they decide what news we should see and what news we shouldn't (BNN - Brittany Spears News Network). A majority of people will want those candidates.

So, now the mainstream media has decided --> illegal immigration is good and necessary for the survival of our country. I feel like I'm losing my mind. It's been ages since I thought I had a voice.

That's just what our country wants us to think.
    We won't give up nor give in.
    We will take back what is ours from the incompetent politicians, greedy corporations and the millions upon millions of illegal aliens.

We are Americans and we built this great country and we will turn her around and make her great again, with or without the assistance of our elected officials.

We must make our voices and complaints heard every day.........the millions of us. Let them know how fed up we are. Let them know we are not going to keep taking there wayward ways.

We have to act in a united and loud voice to be heard, but we will be heard.

Our leaders have gotten us into mired debt, a war without justification, as well as letting millions of millions into this country who just want to rape her for their own personal use and goals.

Well, enough is enough. We are strong, We are Americans and this is OUR LAND!

butterbean - re:
    totally agree. Did you hear that now they are saying there aren't enough Americans trained in "blue collar" work? Where s the sanity? First they tell us that we aren't educated enough to compete in technology, mathmatics, and science careers, and now they tell us a completely different thing. This is crazy. Can't they make up their minds?
    My take on this is goes something like this - to fully undermine the American middle-class the 'powers that be' (largely greedy deep-pocketed corporations) have to first find a way of dealing with the lowest tier of workers here. This has largely been accomplished via the illegal immigration mess (and, to some extend, mass legal immigration as well) ... anyway, having successfully made significant inroads on the blue-collar folks, the attention now has turned to the higher-earning middle class.

Of course, there is a concerted - if illegal - effort to displace these middle-class Americans from their jobs too now. This is based on mass legal worker importation largely at the moment. This part of the process relies upon an ability to 'convince' the downward heading middle-class worker that they should 'just be lucky you can get a crappy <xyz> job' and 'be happy with that'.

In short, it's about lowering and undermining expectations of highly trained, highly functional American professionals to longer expect what they once expected. Never mind, that in some industries, the lower labor costs have allowed many businesses and industries to not only survive, but to flourish as well. In the end, it's all about controlling people and their expectations.

IMHO,
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    butterbean - re:
    totally agree. Did you hear that now they are saying there aren't enough Americans trained in "blue collar" work? Where s the sanity? First they tell us that we aren't educated enough to compete in technology, mathmatics, and science careers, and now they tell us a completely different thing. This is crazy. Can't they make up their minds?
    My take on this is goes something like this - to fully undermine the American middle-class the 'powers that be' (largely greedy deep-pocketed corporations) have to first find a way of dealing with the lowest tier of workers here. This has largely been accomplished via the illegal immigration mess (and, to some extend, mass legal immigration as well) ... anyway, having successfully made significant inroads on the blue-collar folks, the attention now has turned to the higher-earning middle class.

Of course, there is a concerted - if illegal - effort to displace these middle-class Americans from their jobs too now. This is based on mass legal worker importation largely at the moment. This part of the process relies upon an ability to 'convince' the downward heading middle-class worker that they should 'just be lucky you can get a crappy <xyz> job' and 'be happy with that'.

In short, it's about lowering and undermining expectations of highly trained, highly functional American professionals to longer expect what they once expected. Never mind, that in some industries, the lower labor costs have allowed many businesses and industries to not only survive, but to flourish as well. In the end, it's all about controlling people and their expectations.

IMHO,
    SO WELL PUT PhredE!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456