Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

gusgriswald,

Amen!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Legal Spanish Citizens Reaction/ African American Reacti

Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    Quote Originally Posted by gusgriswald
    I the only legal spanish person that feels this way? How do African Americans feel?

Am I missing something? I do not understand how Afro-Americans fit into this equation.
    African Americans are viewed as a minority in this country. Soon they will become the forgotten if this issue is approved. Just trying to get some thought on that.

Re: gusgriswaldo gusgriswaldo

Quote Originally Posted by maidaca
    You go by the name of gusgriswald but you must be named Carlos or Pedro. (come on don't be ashamed!!!)
    We "Spanish people" as you call us, are ashamed of people who is on their side trying to be one of them and act like one of them. You're brainwashed my Puerto Rican 'Gusgriswaldo' friend. You should be on God's side. He gave you the citizenship, 'NOT THEM'... this is a fight that involves racism and prejudice. They will always keep telling you names that you don't deserve, EVEN IF YOU ARE LEGAL OR ILLEGAL, that's why I think you are on the wrong side... I was born in Minneapolis, MN. but the fact that I look like the majority of those "illegals" as they call them, makes me be on the "Spanish people's side" as you call it
    This is not about who side you are on. This is about respect for the laws of this land. I have traveled to many latin american countries and I follow the laws when I'm traveling. God is on the side of the truth. Not on the side of people that break the law.
    Good point, perhaps the Catholic Church should go back and read the 10 Commandments since they support illegal invaders. How many do the illegal invaders violate. a sample:
    You shall not murder.
    You shall not commit adultery
    You shall not steal (how about ID theft)
    You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor( so many times)
    You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.
    You shall not covet your neighbor's house (my Country is my home)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Jun. 13, 2006 08:00 AM
    HACKENSACK, N.J. - The group's name is You Don't Speak for Me, and the fledgling organization is against illegal immigration.
    But this coalition of Hispanics is already drawing fire from a growing chorus of immigration advocates questioning who really speaks for You Don't Speak for Me.
    http://www.azcentral.com/specials/speci ... 13-ON.html

SEARCH; Hispanics againt illegal immigration
    Very good article! I don't want anyone speaking for me on this issue. Thanks for the link!

The pro-illegal activists want to frame this debate as one of "racism" towards Latinos. They do this because it is the only real weapon they have. They do not have the law or morality on their side. They accuse people who want the immigration law enforced of being racist. I often wonder if these Latino activists would be so interested in amnesty for illegals if the majority of illegals WERE NOT from their particular ethnic group.

People who call you names are just plain ignorant. And like others here posted, it has happened to all different groups of people. These words can hurt, but really they say more about the person using them than they do about you.

It is my opinion that most Americans are not racist. This has always been a country where people could come and realize their dreams with hard work and perseverance. We ask only that those who come here do it legally, respect our language, and become PART of the tapestry which is America. Trying to dominate or overwhelm, or claim part of the US as belonging to a foreign nation is not conducive to being accepted by Americans.

You are by far not the only person of Hispanic heritage who feels the way you do. You should check out the organization www.dontspeakforme.org. They are Hispanic-Americans who oppose illegal immigration.

Welcome gusgriswald,

I grew up in New Mexico, we all just sort of fit together, hispancis, whites, indians, blacks, it seemed to be more about what someone brought to the table as a person rather than what your origins were. It is not about being Hispanic,, it is about being a citizen of another country and refusing to acknowledge the laws of this country.

I think that the many of the people that are trying to play the race card are people that have a political agenda and think they stand will gain.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by noyoucannot
    Trying to dominate or overwhelm, or claim part of the US as belonging to a foreign nation is not conducive to being accepted by Americans.

This is so true..It is the same thing that the terrorist are doing all over the world. It seems as if you stand up for what is right you are labeled. People are defending the terrorist as well as the illegals. It's good to know that other legal spanish citizens feel the same way. I have no problem with a difference of opinion but the law is the law. It may not seem fair to some people but it is the law.

This is about respect for the laws of this land.
    EXACTLY

I think that the many of the people that are trying to play the race card are people that have a political agenda and think they stand will gain.
    Well Americans have been conditioned for two generations at least NOT to be racist so the probability of getting a positive response from an American not wishing to be perceived as racist is high and they know it. Its a control mechanism.

As far as name calling... I agree NO race has been left out of that ignorant experience. Its true the one doing the name calling only demeans him/herself.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

I the only legal spanish person that feels this way? How do African Americans feel?

Am I missing something? I do not understand how Afro-Americans fit into this equation.
    African Americans are viewed as a minority in this country. Soon they will become the forgotten if this issue is approved. Just trying to get some thought on that.

What does "minority" have to do with anything. Forgotten? How? I don't think so. Is someone going to forget they are American citizens first and Afro-Americans last?Americans are Americans and Afro-Americans are not the only minority.
    I think you are trying to make something that is not there. Native Americans are a minority also.

Afro-Americans are not the only minority in this country. They are American citizens first and Afro-Americans "non issue". What does minority have to do with anything. Forgotten? How and by whom? Do you know the make up of minorities in this country? Native Americans are a minority. I am a Native American and I do not even know a Native American. That is a non-issues also.

http://www.faculty.fairfield.edu/facult ... .html#size

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast