Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TO THE OBL) Open Borders Lobby...YOU ARE A PUPPET TO THIS GOVERNMENT TO WHICH YOU PROTEST TO HATE(BY BURNING OUR FLAG)...YES... YOU WILL CARRY OUT THEIR PLANS FOR US ALL...THINK ABOUT THIS... WHY DO YOU THINK THEY SEEM TO BE HELPING YOU...IS IT BECAUSE THEY LOVE YOU...I THINK IT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE USING YOU ..AND IN THE END YOU WILL BE THEIR SLAVES...IF THEY REALLY CARED ABOUT YOU OR US FOR THAT MATTER ..WHY DID THEY NOT HELP YOU TO CHANGE THINGS IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY......YOU WILL BE THEIR CANNON FAUDER...IT IS JUST A MATTER OF TIME... JUST LIKE THE REST OF US...AND ALL BECAUSE YOU ARE TO WEAK TO CHANGE YOUR OWN CRIMINAL GOVERNMENT...YOU TALK ABOUT HOW MANY OF YOU THERE ARE...BUT YET SO WEAK YOU CANNOT STOP YOUR OWN CRIMINAL GOVERNMENT...SO YOU HAVE COME HERE TO HELP THE ELITES DESTROY OURS...THEY HAVE BROUGHT YOU HERE TO FIRST DESTROY THIS GOVERNMENT...YOU KNOW THE GOVERNMENT WITH THAT PESKY LITTLE PAPER CALLED THE CONSTITIUTION THAT SEEMS TO BE PROTECTING YOU ...BUT WAIT...THEY HAVE PLANS FOR YOU...BECAUSE THEY KNOW YOU... SO THEIR PLAN INCLUDES USING YOU ON THEIR ROAD OF TOTAL CONTROL...AS YOU WILL NOT STAND AGAINST YOUR GOVERNMENTS AND DEMAND CHANGE....THEY KNOW IN THE END YOU WILL NOT STAND AGAINST THEM..SO WELCOME TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER FREIND AND PUT ON YOUR SEAT BELT FOR IT IS GOING TO BE A BUMPY RIDE..SOON WITH YOUR HELP... OUR COUNRTY WILL BE AS BAD OR WORSE THAN YOURS... WHERE WILL YOU GO THEN
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

AS YOU WILL NOT STAND AGAINST YOUR GOVERNMENTS AND DEMAND CHANGE....THEY KNOW IN THE END YOU WILL NOT STAND AGAINST THEM..
    Emphasis added.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Illegal immigration along with amnesty hurt and will hurt ALL Americans Citizens, either directly or indirectly.
    Personally, neither affect me. I am over 65, on a fixed imcome and housing and the benefits I receive is not affected by illegals or if they are given amnesty.
    It affect my family, and the future of my grand children and that affects me indirectly.Most people who is not affected by illegal immigrants do not have an opinion and do not care to talk about it.

MAKE YOUR VOICES HEARD LOUD AND CLEAR.

Spanish Reaction/ African American Reaction

Quote Originally Posted by MovingForward
    Talking to a lot of mexican americans and legal hispanics, the majority of them defends immigrants that came here illegaly because most(legal hispanics) have a close family member or close friend that's here illegaly, specially if they are of mexican origin.

Also, a lot of them seems to be irritated by the anti-mexico anti-spanish language rhetorics that comes from the movement and to be fair, i think the movement is making a huge mistake with those rhetorics because it allows people to throw out the "racist' word around thus causing the mainstream population afraid to associate with the movement.

Anyway, ciro rodriguez,a texas mexican democratic congressman who favors s2611 and who is anti-border fence, won re-election against henry bonilla, a anti- guest worker/path to citizenship republican.
    From what ive heard, Ciro Rodriguez received 82% of the mexican american votes.

Now, let's remember that henry bonilla is "also" mexican american, so why would his fellow mexican american vote so strongly against him?
    Im hearing that most mexican americans in maverick county are against the fence and they dont like the rhetoric that is coming from the movement against illegal immigration.

Democratic candidate across the nation received about 75% of the latino vote and if it wasnt for the pro-republican cuban vote in south florida, it could have been worse.Those cuban americans dont vote republican because they are tough on illegal immigration, but their voting patterns has to do more on fidel castro and the fact that the Bush administration is anti-castro.

The younger cuban americans are more likely to vote democratic because they werent born in cuba and dont care about cuban politics as their older republican parent does.

Anyway, the myth that "legal" immigrants are against "illegal" immigration, is not true and most of them regard the movement as a "hate group" that just wants all latino immigrants out.

You can read more about the TX-22 election at:
    http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/ ... atino.html

Much of what you are saying is the truth. It is a situation that places one family member against another if they are against illegal immigration. But many latinos from different countries that have been here and have an understanding of the American way of life are angered. Imaging having to suffer over something like this just because you are spanish. I do not like to be categorized as someone that supports an illegal mass movement of people to our country. I think that in the long run it solves nothing to be supportive of the illegals.
    Most spanish people that I speak with that are from other countries would prefer to stay in their country of origin. They have nothing that motivates them to stay at home. Even with all the tax dollars that are going to help these countries they still continue to come here. If tomorrow the wall is finished and a guest worker program is put in place, they will still try to come. They will try to come if the border patrol shoots at them with real bullets!
    This is an unfortunate situation. But the American people did not ask for this. "I made a statement to my friend today and I'll share this with you.
    Many americans would have kept their mouth shut and not said anything about the illegals and things would have stayed the same. But when you see the abuse and the masses of people moving in the streets of our country demanding things waving the flags of their country, this kind of gets under your skin."
    You see what happens when you reward people that do not deserve to be rewarded. I for one believe that we should go after the illegals and the companies that hire them. We should also go after the people that pay to bring them here. We should demand Mexico build a fence on the southern border to prevent masses of people from entering Mexico. We should dismantle the network that is in place that allows agents to provide safe harbors along the way. We should look into the practices of companies that wire money to these countries. All this should be done first among other things.
    And then we should see what can be done to aid these governments so that the people stay home. Every plan should be put on the table and studied with that goal in mind. But lets secure our borders first and take control of the situation.

Spanish reaction/ African American reaction

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    gusgriswald,

I'm glad you are over here hanging with us. You offer a fresh perspective.

Sometimes I think people forget that Puerto Rico is a US territory, with commonwealth status. If Puerto citizens ever decide to become a state, I will fully embrace them as one. Also, I don't believe advocates of the English language, which I am one of them, realize or they forget that Spanish is the primary language of puerto Rico. However, both English and Spanish are the official languages and about 3% of the population is English only. However, both languages are taught in the schools.

My point here is that Americans are not intolerant of foreign languages. In fact, our institutions of higher learning require 2 years of a foreign language of our choosing. I don't want Spanish forced on me, any more than I believe English should be forced on Puerto Rico.

Puerto Rico should always receive respect in that regard to making English the Official Language of America. However, I do not believe intelopers should be dictating to the Continental United States what language to speak.

Dixie
    You know, my father had a very basic rule for this English/Spanish thing. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that had to do this growing up. My dad was totally against us speaking english in the house. (we did it anyways when he was gone). But he also had another rule and that was the one that helped. He said I do not want to hear you speak spanish outside of the home. He set the rules out from the begining. We all learned English and it is our primary language. I love to speak spanish to those that do not understand english. However, I tell them that they will never accomplish anything if they refuse to learn the english language. I make my case and they hear it. Sometimes they don't accomplish anything.

Sometimes you forget and your brain is thinking in spanish and you start talking in spanish around a group that does not understand and you immediately remember the rule. Your thoughts kind of collide and you are now speaking SPANGLISH in your head for a split second and then you start speaking english so that others understand what you are saying.
    I love english and I think spanish is great as well. I think that if your children would like to learn spanish as a second language it is good. If they want to learn french it is good. If you have this opportunity to learn a different language go for it! ( if this is what you want) Even if you just learn a few words or phrases. My experience with a lot of people has been that they want to learn all the bad words. I try to stay away from that.
    I don't think spanish should be forced. This is wrong!
    The melting pot is to big in the U.S. to declare the spanish language as a forced requirement for anyone. Or as a primary language.I think it is bad for signs and all kinds of other things to be done in english and spanish because it is not a reflection of what this country is about. (in my opinion) This is an English speaking country.

I left the Island of Puerto Rico when I was seven years old. I was already taking english classes at this age. It was very basic english and they teach you how to say the names of things like furniture, items around the house, paper, pencil etc. But it was a good thing for me to learn. English class is forced/mandatory in many schools in Puerto Rico. (if not all)
    Here is something that will freak you out!
    I go to a bi-lingual church service because I'm bi-lingual. We sometimes have english only friends that attend. Our praise and worship is done in spanish and english because the majority of the people are bi-lingual and we enjoy both languages. It's a wonderful time and the music is awesome because it swithches. We have english classes at the church because this is America. Some people come to the classes and others do not. The ones that come will have better opportunities in life because they have chosen to open-up to something different. We are open about this.
    If we have signs and stores and separate spanish communities then we are not learning anything.
    So this gives you an idea of my world.

Your father's rule was similar in principle, but a little different, than the rule my great-grandparents imposed on their families. In both cases, English fluency was achieved. Their rule was, they'd speak to their kids in German but the kids were expected to answer back in English. Both would learn, that way, and the kids would grow up fluent in English. As for fluency in the language of the old country, it would vary. These families were typically 4-6 kids, and the oldest would be fluent in German as well, but the youngest would hardly know it. I don't know how the Norwegian branch of my family handled it, as we were estranged by an early divorce, but I imagine it to be somewhat similar.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    Your father's rule was similar in principle, but a little different, than the rule my great-grandparents imposed on their families. In both cases, English fluency was achieved. Their rule was, they'd speak to their kids in German but the kids were expected to answer back in English. Both would learn, that way, and the kids would grow up fluent in English. As for fluency in the language of the old country, it would vary. These families were typically 4-6 kids, and the oldest would be fluent in German as well, but the youngest would hardly know it. I don't know how the Norwegian branch of my family handled it, as we were estranged by an early divorce, but I imagine it to be somewhat similar.
    That is actually a better rule than my parents. Because they (my parents) did not learn a lot of english. Just enough to get by. We are a family of nine kids. My parents had no radios or televisions to kepp them busy. All learned english and use english as a primary language. I do not have any children but my nephews and nieces are english speaking. Some of the kids are english speaking only but they all understand spanish. We actually have a red-head gene that runs in the family. ( I hope this is what you call this) Some of the nieces and nephews are red heads! They don't even look spanish! But they are proud of their heritage. It's actually kind of funny when we all get together.

GusGriswald Wrote:
    It may not seem fair to some people but it is the law.
    If everyone felt the same about everything, there would be no need for laws.

I guess the little troll went and buried his head. The truth was getting to him.
    ------------------------

We all no what procedure need to be take first in order to fix the immigration problem..

If you think about it,,,,,,,,,
    It`s like the work a lot of us do, " You can`t solve a problem without fixing the cause of it first."
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    We all no what procedure need to be take first in order to fix the immigration problem..

If you think about it,,,,,,,,,
    It`s like the work a lot of us do, " You can`t fix a problem without fixing to cause of it first."
    You are right on! The illegals want a quick and simple decision. They want everybody to be legalized. No matter what your background is or if you are even a terrorist. "Lets make everybody legal because we need workers" this is what the other side is saying. Now they are saying that they are especially being called upon because we need soldiers and Americans are not willing to fight this war.
    I was on another site and this guy said that Americans did not have the will to fight the war. We cannot find American soldiers is what he claims.

You know I think that it is wonderful thing to live in a nation that we can disagree and not start a civil war. The problem with many Latin American countries is that they have no idea what it means to be an American. They do not teach this back at home. So they come here and pre-judge our way of life. They see something and react without thinking of the way things are done here. This is why many illegals act the way they do.
    No wonder why so many Americans are oppose to having them here.
    And this is why I see the problem needing to be fixed at home. They are better off staying in the countries they are from. It is a collision course for many of them when they arrive.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast