Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: MATT........

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How did MATT come to be?
    LIONEL SOSA: The genesis came from a group of businesspeople right here in San Antonio. The core of them are Mexican citizens, but they also have American passports, they have dual citizenship. They have homes in Mexico, and they have homes in San Antonio.

Are some of these properties registered in the caymen islands?

They love both countries but they realize that before they can really do a lot of business between both countries, they have to take a role in helping to solve the problems affecting both our countries. And of course, as we all know, so many of our problems have to do with immigration. Immigration is at the core of every issue having to do with the U.S. and Mexico.

Love both countries? Don't you mean EXPLOIT both countries for the almighty dollar?

HM: So when we’re talking about immigration, we’re also talking about business?
    LS: We can do business together, but it’s going to be limited unless we get our relationship on a more even keel.

You mean open borders and amnisty for illegal immigrants.

HM: Why do we need Mexican nationals and Mexican Americans searching for solutions to these issues? Why don’t we just leave these issues to Euro-Americans to solve?
    LS: Our mission [at MATT] is to encourage bicultural Mexicans and Americans to come together to help solve the problems confronting our two countries to the benefit of both people.
    This is not just Mexican Americans, it’s Mexicans and Americans, meaning all Mexicans in Mexico and the U.S., meaning Mexican Americans, Anglos, Asians, anybody whose life is affected by the relationship between the U.S. and Mexico. And that also means politicians, and community leaders and corporate leaders, and so far we’ve had a lot of different op-ed pieces posted from these leaders.
    And we want to be very fair and balanced. We want to give the moderates and extremists on both sides of the left and right a chance to vent, to be able to [have an open dialogue] with others that feel the way they do, or differently from the way they do.

Thats a lie, See how many were booted for anti views

And encourage them to come together and solve problems and we’ve begun to do it in a very real way.
    For instance, at the core of almost every opinion [there’s the understanding that] we have to make Mexico more attractive and the U.S. less attractive for workers. Well, yes, we need to do that, but how do we make Mexico more attractive, or how do we help create jobs in Mexico? Well, we’re about to launch a service of MATT microloans where you can create a job in Mexico for as little as $50.
    We have built a partnership in Mexico with people that have the infrastructure to find the people who need the loans, to be able to make the loans with our money, or the money of our members.
    We’ve already had over 5.5 million hits on our website. We have 60,000 full-fledged members and have a very, very active website of people coming in and giving us their opinions every day on what they think is important on issues that relate to Mexico and the U.S.

HM: And you are taking your findings and ideas from MATT to the White House?
    LS:We are making presentations with congressmen and senators and we’re sharing this information with political leaders, with the White House, and we’ll share it with everyone from the president of the U.S. on down, whoever wants to listen.

I'll bet you are since you booted anyone with an opposing opinion.

HM: What are non-Latin Republicans missing in the immigration debate?
    LS: I think that a lot of people simply don’t understand the immigrant contribution to America. I think that some people either turn a blind eye to it, or they simply don’t stop to think that almost everything that they consume in life is less expensive because the immigrant is here; that almost every aspect of their lives is touched by immigrants, whether it’s the fine wine that they are drinking from California, or the fruits and vegetables that they eat, or the buildings that they work in, the offices that are being cleaned there, or who’s doing the yard at home, or cleaning their home, and so forth, who is cooking their food in the restaurant, or cleaning your rooms in the hotel.
    I don’t think that anybody in their right mind can say that immigrants aren’t having an important effect and making a contribution to America.

Sure they do........ and they are keeping wages depressed since they will work for less money. Alot of them don't pay federal taxes and the American public is paying for their free ride in healthcare, education, and other social services

HM: You’ve said that working on the MATT project has made you feel young again. Why do you feel so excited about the project?
    LS: It’s knowing that we can possibly make a little bit of a difference in improving people’s lives through the ideas of the people that log on to MATT. Microlending is one idea, the people finder is another idea. A lot of people were telling us, “Hey, I can’t find my husband,” so we launched a people finder. This is so they can come here illegally too so we can pay more in social services.
    Someone wrote, “I want to expand my business into Mexico,” so we launched MATTSmart for classified ads, though we need to work on that further.

You can't even get the main website working properly so how do you expect to get the MATTsmart working properly?

There’s just all kinds of services that people need to make their lives better, and there’s all kinds of things that I think MATT can do to inform people about how to navigate the American system, for them to know that in this country they have rights, that there is the rule of law, that this is really the land of opportunity, and that it is not like Mexico or Central America or wherever they came from.

For legal immigrants as Illegals have no rights in this country, but your agenda is cleare.

Here they really can contribute and their contribution will be appreciated, and I think overall it makes for a better life for a whole lot of Latinos throughout Mexico and the U.S.

A better life for illegals as they are now taking American jobs away from the willing...... nothing like billions in remitances being sent back to Mexico..... That is lost revenue for the United States and Business's here.
    And what better life? The shanty towns that house the illegals, and slum lords taking advange of them? Is this a better life for them?

HM: What’s next for Lionel Sosa after MATT?
    LS: I think next year I will be concentrating 80 percent of my time on my painting, but the paintings will be all dedicated to taking the Latino into American museums. You can go to almost any museum and why is the Latino so absent? That’s because there haven’t been quite as many depictions so far, so I’m going to make my contribution.

Guess you can take the year off since you got an illegal payment from Quepasa for $300,000.00 Dollars.....

I’m doing a series of oil paintings, which are life-size, that I call Hidden Heroes: The People Who Keep America Working, and [the images are of] real proud workers, whether they are working building a building, or paving the streets, whether they are working in the kitchen or vaqueros working in the fields or wherever, the men and women who are kind of behind the scenes, undocumented and documented, the people who do the hard work that is the foundations of this country.

Say what? Americans who were here before laid the foundation of this country. American and Mexican big business is tearing it down. Employers paying substandard wages to illegals, Mexican companies now coming to the US because they can exploit the illegals as well as the non english speaking Americans. Grocery stores coming in from mexico that will advertise in both english and spanish both in the store and outside.
    Thank you George W, and our government for contributing to the distruction of America as we know it..........Goodbye America, Hello Amexico...........
    Stupid is as stupid does....... follow the law and if the lawmakers can't, then we need to boot them out of office..........

From a MATT moderator.......

however please maintain civility and respect for each member and continue your discussions.
    They should teach their own moderators that........... Espcecially Dee the moderator who has attacked members by calling them racists and promoting hate in the forums. The moderators are playing it low now as I have exposed them for who they are.
    The Moderator Dee hasn't posted anything of intellegence in the last few days except being the Pom Pom girl for NexusMexus.........

Hurrah
    Hurrah
    You are my hero Mexus........

MyChica should be showing up again and so should Angle Parking........ The alter ego's of Dee........ It is blantently obvious that those names are plants....... They post the same unintellegint dribble as Dee does.....

The website if virtually dead............ I doubt they will be able to breath life into that forum............
    Stupid is as stupid does....... follow the law and if the lawmakers can't, then we need to boot them out of office..........

Seems like matt's GREAT DEBATE is falling apart at the seems at the last minute........
    2 people have already backed out and I guess the alter ego's of matt moderators might have to step in and make bigger fools of themselves..........

Seems like it is quite obvious now that they were plants as they were never asked to participate to begin with.........
    They have not shown any intellegence as of now so what makes anyone think they are going to grow a brain in the next day or so? lol

I am sure Lionel is painting away in his studio oblivious to the fact his website is nothing but dead air........lol
    Maybe a scene of the desert is fitting about now....... Nothing there but a few cacti............ lol

Don't forget to pay your taxes......
    12 million illegal aliens are depending on you!

Propaganda...........

No heart
    Evil manipulative propaganda.

These people have no soul

Neils
    11:09 pm
    02/16/2007
    never give in
    never give up
    never surrender even if the enemy
    presents an overwhelming illusion.

Never..........

N.....again

It's funny how when MATT sends letters to people that they CLAIM have abused their TOU, it always says NUMEROUS people have submitted claims of abuse..........
    WHO are these NUMEROUS people?
    When I got banned there were not NUMEROUS people on the board......

Are these abuse complaints made by Dee the moderator and her alter egos?
    Why is it they make claims of NUMEROUS people complaining about you, but yet fail to say WHO it is that complained........??????

Why is it, only the ANTI illegal people get banned????????

Are MATT's moderators just PIMPS for the illegal immigration advocacy?????

Are they fair and unbiased as they claim?

Are Sosa and his PR guy just full of BS when they invite everyone to come debate the issues no matter what position you have????????

YOU BET THEY ARE!!!!!

Why is Member Joel not banned as he continues his attack on another member when it is clear he has been warned twice to stop by the matt moderator?

Why do they let this to continue on as he was warned twice on the board but yet he still gets ot lead the attack?

Why is he not banned for his tactics when he was warned to stop not once but twice on the BBS?

Does this sound familiar?

Joel you are my hero
    My family has been here 200 years
    I am patriotic
    I love my country

Dee the moderator is at it again, and another anti illegal poster is about to bite the dust for other people personally attacking that memeber.

These are more examples of the underhanded tatics of the matt moderators who will ban the anti illegal members of their forum. They only keep a token few to make it seem fair and unbiased.........

It is clear he is not listening to the moderators of MATT to stop his lines of attack in another member.........
    He has since the last warning posted two more messages on the attack and is still allowed to post these attacks.

This is blatant disreguard for the TOU on the MATT website and this continues to show people how some members Like Dee the moderator are allowed to attack other members while all in all the one being attacked is harassed by the moderators saying that the member attacked is doing the harassing when it is clear they are not.

These are blatant examples of how Lionel Sosa and his crew of moderators ATTACK the anti immigration posters and then try to turn the tables on them by saying the one being attacked is the abusive one...... They then send you letters saying you have to agree being abusive or you won't be let back on............

This is just another form of internet BLACKMAIL against people defending themselves from the abusive behavior of the MATT moderators and some of the pro posters........

It is blatantly clear that the moderators of MATT have multiple screen names and go on the attack when a poster defends themselves.

I also read what you read, Michael. Yellowbird got their post deleted when they asked the moderators why there was a warning issued to both the abused and the abuser when a personal attack occured, rather than warning the abusive one only. Then the abuser was allowed to post two more personal attacks and I doubt that they got banned because this person is a pro-illegal.

They keep harping over there about staying on topic. That is not an easy feat. When humans converse with each other it is only natural for the conversation to lead to things a little off the original conversation. If you read the various threads in there it happens all the time and not just by the anti's either. It certainly shouldn't be a criteria for banning someone especially when personal attacks would be a far worse offense. I think they just look for excuses to ban the anti's and any little thing will do. Thats fine but apply the same rules to the pro's too. Otherwise they look like biased hypocrites.

As Reported on MATT.......... I have highlighted a paragraph in the story and this will shed more light on why our government doesn't really want to secure our borders..............

Los Angeles— FAMSA is one of the newest players in the Hispanic market here and one of the most aggressive.

The big Monterrey, Mexico-based retailer opened its first U.S. store in San Fernando, Calif., on the northern end of the Los Angeles market, in 2001.

Today it has 22 U.S. units, including 11 in the Los Angeles metro area and others in San Jose and Fresno, Calif., Las Vegas, Dallas, Houston and, most recently, San Antonio, where it acquired the five-store National Furniture earlier this year from Charles and Richard Coben.

This year, FAMSA — an acronym for Fabricantes Muebles, or "furniture manufacturers" in Spanish — will do an estimated $160 million in U.S. revenues, including electronics and appliances, said Salvador Llanos, purchasing director at its U.S. corporate office here. (In Mexico, vertically integrated FAMSA does about $1 billion in sales at 315 stores. U.S. stores sell furniture from other resources.)

Llanos estimated that furniture, bedding and accessories accounts for about 55% of total U.S. sales, which would put the number at about $88 million this year, and put FAMSA well into the rankings of the Top 100 U.S. furniture stores.

While many U.S. retailers are reeling from weak sales, FAMSA says it has been steaming ahead. Same-store sales were up 14% last month and are up even more for the year, Llanos said.

And that may just be the start. By the end of 2010, the credit-oriented, promotional to midpriced company expects to have 50 U.S stores, including more in Oakland, Calif., and San Diego, Houston and Dallas, as well as in the new markets of Phoenix, New York, Chicago and probably Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

"We're also considering emerging markets like North Carolina, Denver and Seattle, but they're not big enough yet," Llanos said. He said that after 2010, when FAMSA completes its 10-year plan, it will take another look at these markets and see if their Hispanic populations have grown.

Llanos said U.S. sales should reach $500 million by the end of 2010. He expects that by then furniture, a growing category, should account for about 60% of the total, or $300 million.

The company has been putting increased emphasis on the furniture category for about two years, he said, partly because of the high margins it offers over electronics and appliances, but also because FAMSA is known to Mexican Americans for its furniture manufacturing as well as its stores.

With U.S. stores that are roughly 30,000 square-feet, FAMSA is targeting the Hispanic market in many of the same ways as its competition — with direct credit, next-day delivery and stores filled with goods suited to the Latino community. More than 90% of sales are financed, and Llanos said the company seeks product exclusives whenever it can get them.

Roughly 80% of its advertising budget goes to television, including Hispanic television stations. FAMSA recently tied a campaign into the World Cup soccer tournament with its own "campeonato de ofertas" (championship of offerings).

Key suppliers include Ashley, Acme, Standard, Klaussner, Sandberg, Vicky's, Serta, Wickline and Mexico's Selther in bedding, as well case goods and upholstery from the parent company in Mexico. The latter is a small but growing segment of the mix in the United States, Llanos said.

In the past, FAMSA has tested new markets with small kiosk displays within supermarkets, where it rotates furniture and other product displays. There are several kiosks in the Houston and Dallas markets, for example, including one in Plano, Texas, that's doing well enough to replace with a store, Llanos said.

But for the new metro markets coming up in the next few years, such as Chicago and Phoenix, Llanos said FAMSA has already done a thorough job of researching the communities and will start there with full-line stores.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------