Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I see your point.

No matter what, my past will keep on haunting me. I have been told comments by my fellow Americans where they tell me... Why don't you go back from where you came from!

If only they knew my story...

This is a reason why I tend to stay away from this whole political mess... I am not in the mood to be insulted because of my roots I hardly know about.

Banned
    Oblivion,

I am sorry that you feel the wrath of outraged Americans because of your skin color. As a citizen of this country, that should NOT happen. Since it IS happening, we should try to determine WHY it is happening.

I think it might have something to do with the 30+ million illegals who are here now, demanding rights and privledges reserved for citizens. Although this is NOT a 'Mexican thing', the vast majority of illegal aliens are Mexicans, therefore a certain amount of stereotyping is inevitable.

As an American citizen, you should be fighting to stop this invasion, if only to stop the bias directed against yourself.

You know, Junius - the human side of this thing is utterly crushing to me. Unfortunately, it's the fault of the people for not grabbing control off their wayward politicians and WE have therefore allowed so much of this to happen in the first place.

I, myself, consider myself GUILTY for not stepping up to the plate 20 years ago when I first started watching this movement at our borders. Because of the hesitation, real lives are now affected on a grand scale.

Now, after condemning myself, I still believe the label of LEADER should mean what it says - to LEAD.

Those who didn't have the common sense to realize the people were asleep at the wheel should have taken control of the immigration situation long ago. Since they pride themselves on being "elite" over the people... they should quite literally be GRILLED over the loss of human dignity on both sides of this issue.

Just MY two cents (well, ok, maybe five cents - I always like to give people their money's worth) :P
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Oblivion, I do seem to recall a group of legal Hispanic citizens who got together recently to form a new organization of, by and for legal Hispanic folks who are against this illegal entry of such vast numbers of people. Their slogan is "You don't speak for me!"

If I can find out where they are based out of and who is running the show with that, I would STRONGLY encourage you to get with those folks! Though I don't condone segregation based on race, I honestly do feel for you and I also believe you need to be with others of your own heritage who are saying that enough is enough on the illegal immigration thing.

I'll see what I can do to find out more about them and pass it on to you.

ConcernedVet,

- you really are a cool guy, if I'm ever up in Nebraska I'd like to have a few beers with ya!

I have said the same thing you just said .. only I blame my governemnt. They have gotten us in this predicament, they know where the illegals, they know the companies involved, yet what do they do nothing, NADA, ZIP.

So where does that leave me in particular? I am stuck in the middle. I hear you guys, I really do, I share your concerns.

But I feel for the ILLEGALS as well.

I'd be more than happy to have a couple of brews with ya, as long as the brew company isn't one of those listed on the Council of La Raza's site at nclr.org

As for feeling sorry for the "illegals" - I share your compassionate feelings for them on a humanitarian issue - but laws are laws. We have white folk, black folk, brown folk, yellow folk, purple folk (barney anyone?) of our own who commit crimes daily and end up getting incarcerated for their misdeeds. They are criminals because they violated the laws of our land. And once caught - they must pay in full - down to the very last penny. Trust me, I know. I've broken the law and I got caught in my lifetime and had to eat corn bread, water and diluted apple sauce for 30 days when I was younger!!

Laws are laws. I believe in the "illegals" being treated with dignity, but they must also be treated harshly for knowingly breaking the laws.

If the law will bite ME in the behind for doing wrong - the same law applies to anyone else who chooses to break the law as well.

And THAT's the way it is when it comes to my viewpoint on the entire issue.

Kurt

I also need to add to the above the following:

If the laws of our country are going to crack down on those who broke the law coming here without using our due process.... it is only fair that corporate CEO's and managers of the companies who have created the appeal for them to come be punished as well.

FURTHER, if those corporations have treated their illegal alien workers like animals and without any respect for them on a human level, and if I were in charge, those companies would be fined $1 Million U.S. Dollars for each worker and would serve five years in Federal Prison - without parole for each worker involved.

Further, U.S. corporations who are operating IN Mexico shall have their privileges of exporting into the United States revoked for just ONE human rights violation.

Tit for tat.

What is good for the goose, is good for the gander.

Now wait a minute I hear the Mexican army is winning some grand victories against the Gringo heroically attacking the massed hordes of border patrol agents...
    Well to tell you the truth, that statement doesn't make me comfortable. Attacking the massed hordes of border patrol agents does not seem to friendly to me.....excuse me but the border patrol agents trying to protect our citizens also have families and I doubt if they like to live everyday fearing for their loved ones at the hands of an illegal. Our people are human too, as you say these illegals are, they too are just trying to make a living, and should not be in fear of getting killed because some illegal is trying to cross the border. These people are protecting you, more than the government ever would hope to. They are citizens of this country with the right to earn a living here unlike the illegals.
    Our country is being inslulted every day, our flag is being disgraced, and
    our National Anthem, we are called gringo, and no I don't think it's just a name for Americans, it is derogatory and if I went around calling them I am sure there would be a price to pay....now they are calling us w**b**ks, excuse me my ancestors did not swim across the Rio Grande. I don't think any of us are talking about a persons ancestry, or where they are from,we are talking about illegals.
    This is America, so when in America you do as Americans if you truly want American citizenship you don't hold on to your county's way of doing things,expecting us to change, and you don't take being in America as a right, it is a prividge to be an American.
    Do it just as our ancesters EARN it, not demand that it be given to you. Do these illegals think by working a few "jobs Americans wont do" it gives them the right to demand the same rights as we have....and I tell you, those rights that we have, well we are losing them one by one, thanks to the ACLU, our government, and people who have nothing else to do but sit around thinking how they can make changes to screw up this country just to suit their own selfish ways of thinking. I am not up for having any more of my rights taken from me by illegals who think they deserve the same rights I have...We pay enough taxes for welfare, we don't need millions more on it. How much further would they like us to bend, you go into stores, things are in English and Spanish, you call on the phone, press one for Spanish, two for Engilsh, our kids are being forced to be bilingual, it isn't a choice, it is a demand. What about people from other countries, I never hear press three, four or five, for German, French, or Japanese, or any other language, no these people learn English or they are out of luck.....now isn't that discriminating against these people? Do you hear them complain?
    I don't beleive in hurting anyone, but I will be d--ed if any one is going to hurt me or mine in my own country. I feel the same way about my country as I do about my kids, hurt my kids in any way and......well you get the point.
    I don't go around saying I am an American-German-Irish-Pole...I am just an American....and if you want to be part of this country, that's what you say....I AM AN AMERICAN, be proud of your heritage, but quit the hyphens. I also would like to know why by calling me a gringo, which I take offense to, I can't say w**tb**k....by the way I don't call them that, I never beleived in that sort of thing, but I am just wondering why whats good for the goose is not good for the gander.

This is a reason why I tend to stay away from this whole political mess... I am not in the mood to be insulted because of my roots I hardly know about.
    Oblivion, if my comments insulted you, I apologize.

I wish there was a way to fix it all-- to turn back the pages of time to make it never have happened. Unfortunately that isn't an option.

Therefore, in order to go forward from this point where we now find outselves, many innocent people will definitely be sacrificed no matter who wins this struggle over the border.

As CV said, it is shameful that it was allowed to go on for this long-- to become an issue where some of the adults in this country illegally have never called another country home. Still, if their parents were illegal aliens who didn't take advantage of Reagan's "deal" then they didn't really want US citizenship, did they?

I honestly feel those innocent people dragged here by ignorant parents who didn't stop to think that they were putting their kids in limbo will take some sort of preference when it's all sorted out. And I can't say I'd object.

Still, I feel that the people who have ever lived somewhere else and came here or stayed here illegally should be deported. The people first in line behind those who waited to come legally and are eligible to be here should be the children of the illegals who have never lived anywhere else but here, provided they have no criminal records. The children with illegal parents here now should be sent home with their parents, regardless of whether they were born here or they were not.

As I said, those who fly foreign flags and demand things of a government that isn't theirs need to be knocked down. They have had every opportunity to petition the government in all these years and didn't bother to try. I don't feel sorry for them and I honestly wish that ICE had been on the scene doing their job during the protests. And I don't see any visible signs that ICE is doing their jobs even now that they have evidence as to who is illegal or who employs illegals. I find that shameful and I know it will ultimately come back to haunt them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would go out of my way to protect any American, new or here forever. What I won't do is go out of my way to protect anyone who wants to tear down my country. I also feel for the children who's parents are dragging them across the border, and they will be the ones to have to pay for the ignorance of their parents. BUT, first I feel for our children will not have any choice in this ugly thing Bush and our government started, they will have to pay the price. They will have to contiune to work and pay taxes to pay for these people through their entire lives.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast