Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I try to stick to the diplomatic course as much as possible. But sometimes the direct approach works best.

They can take the Spanish version of our National Anthem and stick it where the light don't shine.

Gee, what if a fellow Spaniard student is doing a comparative study in National Anthems? Should he learn English fluently just to translate a couple of verses?[/quote]

If he's doing a comparative study, he'll need more than just a couple of verses. Why should he expect the anthems to be translated just to fulfill his needs? There are online translation sites anyway.

There are online translation sites anyway.
    Yeah like a machine can render a perfect translation of something verse. Quite interesting suggestion there!

Oblivion, evidently you are having a personal crisis in your life, and cannot figure out who you are and where you do belong. I am sorry that your life is in such a state, be careful this can lead to depression, I wonder why you chose the name of "oblivion" in the first place it sets off little warning bells in the back of my mind that you may be fighting some form of depression in your life.
    Wow. That is what I need--a psychonalysis of someone you don't even know. Oblivion is the state of the soul in sleep. I don't need to discuss theology with you. As for the other thing, I was trying to say that an earthly life full of evil isn't where the soul should reside in. Duh! This should be quite clear to some Christians here. No, we are not in a state of depression. Wow. What a laugh!

You are the PERFECT example of why the 14th Amendment has been mis-interpreted. You deserve NOTHING of this country, you don't even APPRECIATE it!
    I am sorry that my religious beliefs are against a human edict. I just happen to believe that human laws are far from perfect.

You better clarify this Oblivion, are you calling our country evil?
    Yes. If one were to say "America is not evil but good," that is a bunch of hypocrisy. Every nation and individual is evil because of Pride. Only God is good.

I made my point about illegal immigration, assimilating to our way of life means nothing to you, you just want to take control of what you THINK belongs to you.
    Nope. What has been given I did not have a say in it. So why should I take control of somehting that it is clearly not mine? It wasn't America that gives... it was Providence. I just happened to be born in America. I am thankful but not to the extreme to be a flag hugger. Those are mere idols.

Oblivion,
    You say that only God is good, and the Bible says that humans are created in the "image" of God .....but you insinuate that humans have the natural tendency of gravitating towards evil.....you're confusing me in many of your posts. Then you start slinging the Christian faith around as a stab. I understand flip-flopping because I get that way over some things....but I see you contradict a great deal in your attempt to express yourself with grand philosophy. I think that's why you're getting a lot of flack from other members. Just wanted to let you know, nothing personal....
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Not A Translation Service

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion
    There are online translation sites anyway.
    Yeah like a machine can render a perfect translation of something verse. Quite interesting suggestion there!

This hypothetical Spanish student of yours seems to want all his work done for him in advance. Maybe he choose a different topic for his thesis! No government is obligated to provide translations of its national anthem. And that, my friend, is my final word on this ridiculous subject.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345