Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mike Huckabee is pro birthright citizenship

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Mike Huckabee says he's against repealing parts of the 14th Amendment.
    (CNN) – Mike Huckabee says he's against changing portions of the Constitution that automatically grant citizenship to children of immigrants born in the United States - a position that puts the potential 2012 Republican presidential candidate at odds some of his party's most prominent figures.

In an interview that aired on NPR Wednesday, the former Arkansas governor and 2008 White House hopeful said the section of the 14th Amendment currently in question has long been held valid.

"The Supreme Court has decided that, I think, in three different centuries, said Huckabeee. "In every single instance, they have affirmed that if you are born in this country, you are considered to be a citizen. The only option there is to change the constitution."

Asked specifically if he would favor such an effort to change the constitution, Huckabee said flatly, "No."

I don't believe the only option is to change the constitution. I believe that Congress can pass legislation that clarifies the intent and meaning of "under the jurisdiction thereof."
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree! There is a bill already written and just waiting to be voted on by Congress / Senate.

Former Rep. Nathan Deal completed the NumbersUSA Immigration-Reduction Survey, answering "Yes" to every question. He also had a career A+ grade over his nine terms in Congress.

Deal introduced legislation into the current Congress that would change U.S. naturalization law that grants automatic citizenship to all children born in the country. The Birthright Citizenship Act of 2009, H.R.1868, would require at least one parent to be a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident. The bill was taken over by Rep. Gary Miller (R-Calif.) after Deal resigned from the House to run for Governor. The bill is one of NumbersUSA's "5 Great Immigration-Reduction Bills."

"The Supreme Court has decided that, I think, in three different centuries, said Huckabeee. "In every single instance, they have affirmed that if you are born in this country, you are considered to be a citizen. The only option there is to change the constitution."
    I call BS! All three times the parents were LEGALLY here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Once again people are being led by the nose down a path of deception. They have wrapped this lie in the rhetoric that an amendment to the Constitution is necessary…not a correct interpretation of the law as it was intended. Huckabee knows this…and if he doesn’t.. he should. I have blogged many times on Huckabee’s actions. He is now and has always been about opened borders. However, he, like Gingrich, Palin, McCain, Graham, Rove, Rubio, Christ, McCollum, Chambliss, Isakson, Pence and countless others have learned the talking points to get the attention of the hearts of patriots. They know damn well that border security, deportation and immigration enforcement are the MOST IMPORTANT issues on voter’s minds. People are beginning to understand that if you fix this issue…many other problems will automatically correct.

Excerpt from Ann Coulter’s article… information that makes sense…that is unless you are trying to fool the masses:

http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/art ... rticle=380

The drafters of the 14th amendment had no intention of conferring citizenship on the children of aliens who happened to be born in the U.S. (For my younger readers, back in those days, people cleaned their own houses and raised their own kids.)

Inasmuch as America was not the massive welfare state operating as a
    magnet for malingerers, frauds and cheats that it is today, it's amazing the drafters even considered the amendment's effect on the children of aliens.

But they did.

The very author of the citizenship clause, Sen. Jacob Howard of Michigan, expressly said: "This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers."

In the 1884 case Elk v. Wilkins, the Supreme Court ruled that the 14th Amendment did not even confer citizenship on Indians -- because they were subject to tribal jurisdiction, not U.S. jurisdiction.

For a hundred years, that was how it stood, with only one case adding the caveat that children born to legal permanent residents of the U.S., gainfully employed, and who were not employed by a foreign government would also be deemed citizens under the 14th Amendment. (United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 1898.)

And then, out of the blue in 1982, Justice Brennan slipped a footnote into his 5-4 opinion in Plyler v. Doe, asserting that "no plausible distinction with respect to Fourteenth Amendment 'jurisdiction' can be drawn between resident aliens whose entry into the United States was lawful, and resident aliens whose entry was unlawful." (Other than the part about one being lawful and the other not.)

Brennan's authority for this lunatic statement was that it appeared in a 1912 book written by Clement L. Bouve. (Yes, the Clement L. Bouve -- the one you've heard so much about over the years.) Bouve was not a senator, not an elected official, certainly not a judge -- just some guy who wrote a book.

well chaqnge
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbl2929
    I agree! There is a bill already written and just waiting to be voted on by Congress / Senate.

Former Rep. Nathan Deal completed the NumbersUSA Immigration-Reduction Survey, answering "Yes" to every question. He also had a career A+ grade over his nine terms in Congress.

Deal introduced legislation into the current Congress that would change U.S. naturalization law that grants automatic citizenship to all children born in the country. The Birthright Citizenship Act of 2009, H.R.1868, would require at least one parent to be a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident. The bill was taken over by Rep. Gary Miller (R-Calif.) after Deal resigned from the House to run for Governor. The bill is one of NumbersUSA's "5 Great Immigration-Reduction Bills."

don't the American Have some say in this or the Illigal Immigrants have all the right when you all want vote you call ON us USA you asked for our vote & we Get a kick in the ass we want Our Country Back ask the Congress / Sen ate to change it no Citizen to the Baby of Illigal Immigrant the girl Get Pepregenant In Mex have to sneak ove r to the Good old USA To have her Baby that not right at all & we have to pay no good they know what they are doing I say Change it No Citizen ship well change it you Change everything that you want

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    I call BS! All three times the parents were LEGALLY here.
    Ratbstartd
    you are right

cjbl2929 wrote:

I hope you are correct. I voted for Deal just for his T.V. add mention of the "d" word deportation. And of course because: Former Rep. Nathan Deal completed the NumbersUSA Immigration-Reduction Survey, answering "Yes" to every question. He also had a career A+ grade over his nine terms in Congress.

With that being said...I felt uneasy with Ginghrich and Huckabee endorsing him.

Mike Huckabee showed his bleeding-heart RINO tendencies during the 2008 GOP Presidential debates. He was an Open Borders governor, and as far as I can see he would be just another McCain-type candidate in 2012.

The real test, folks, will be how the Arizona GOP Primary goes this coming August 24th. If McCain wins we can all just pack it in ... IMHO.

Huckabee is an ignoramus. Section 5 of the 14th amendment says Congress has the authority to enforce the amendment, not the Supreme Court or any other court. All Congress has to do it pass a law prohibing birthright citizenship to any child born in the U. S. to illegal parents. That's it.
    I think Huckabee's statements about this issue prove that not only is he unqualified to be President but he's not even qualified to be a commentator.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast