Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Bowman wrote:

To make this work the current 3 and 10 year bars against illegal aliens being allowed to apply for legal immigration would have to be waived, it other words it is a semi-amnesty.
    That would be a special pathway. He specifically said there should be no special pathway. Heck, I don't even think Romney knows what he's talking about half the time.

Why are folks attempting to "guess" what he means? We never had to guess where Hunter and Tancredo stood on the issue. Thompson was clear too, he didn't mince words.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Bren wrote:

Those here who really have no reason for being illegal-----such as like green card holders-----will also have the 6 months to get their act together.
    Green card holders aren't illegal. Why would a green card holder have six months to get their affairs in order? They're permanent residents. There is no law that forces them to apply for citizenship within a set amount of time. The interview was based on illegal immigrants, not legal immigrants. Permanent residency = green card holder = legal immigrant.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Bowman wrote:

To make this work the current 3 and 10 year bars against illegal aliens being allowed to apply for legal immigration would have to be waived, it other words it is a semi-amnesty.
    That would be a special pathway.
    Technically it is not a special pathway, they would be taking the same path that legal immigrants take. Waiving the 3-10 year bars means they would not have to take a LONGER path.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We never had to guess where Hunter and Tancredo stood on the issue. Thompson was clear too, he didn't mince words.
    Neither did Theodore Roosevelt, but he's not in this election either.
    Just a little joke, please don't flame me.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Seriously, if you take a look at the current situation, it sure looks to me like if people don't start getting behind Romney, we're gonna have Juan McAmnesty as the Republican nominee against Hillary or Obama come November.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Yes, Dixie makes good pts. Romney does not support special pathways, supports enforcement of laws & wants to give IAs about 120 days to get their affairs in order, and then they go home and get to the back of the line -- with no pathways. We've discussed this many times here.

Tom Tancredo and Bay Buchanan met with Romney for a long meeting and came away absolutely convinced that Romney gets it on this issue (attrition, no amnesty etc.). Jim DeMint, Dana Rohrabacher, Sheriff Joe Arpaio & other anti-illegal immigration public officials have also endorsed Romney.

It's time to get behind Mitt Romney. If he doesn't win, we WILL will be stuck with Hillary, Obama, McCain or Giuliani. That's the reality.
    Bren...I sent this pm before I checked out the Discussion groups and noticed populist seems to have heard what I heard. Thank goodness.
    Disregard. Thxs.

To: Bren4824
    Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:49 am
    Subject: Re: FYI

Good Ideal.

Bren...Question? I remember Romney during a debate, making a point of saying the Illegals would have approximately 120 days to get papers in order, sell their homes, etc. and return to their home country to get in line outside the US. I could have sworn they had to go home, that was the point that Romney was making about McCain's Amnesty. I don't remember anything about illegals applying here in the states. I thought he had said it was unfair for those waiting in another country.

I saw a video and now I'm doubting different aspects of his plan or my hearing. Thxs.

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    We never had to guess where Hunter and Tancredo stood on the issue. Thompson was clear too, he didn't mince words.
    Neither did Theodore Roosevelt, but he's not in this election either.
    Just a little joke, please don't flame me.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Delta7757
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Yes, Dixie makes good pts. Romney does not support special pathways, supports enforcement of laws & wants to give IAs about 120 days to get their affairs in order, and then they go home and get to the back of the line -- with no pathways. We've discussed this many times here.

Tom Tancredo and Bay Buchanan met with Romney for a long meeting and came away absolutely convinced that Romney gets it on this issue (attrition, no amnesty etc.). Jim DeMint, Dana Rohrabacher, Sheriff Joe Arpaio & other anti-illegal immigration public officials have also endorsed Romney.

It's time to get behind Mitt Romney. If he doesn't win, we WILL will be stuck with Hillary, Obama, McCain or Giuliani. That's the reality.
    Bren...I sent this pm before I checked out the Discussion groups and noticed populist seems to have heard what I heard. Thank goodness.
    Disregard. Thxs.

To: Bren4824
    Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:49 am
    Subject: Re: FYI

Good Ideal.

Bren...Question? I remember Romney during a debate, making a point of saying the Illegals would have approximately 120 days to get papers in order, sell their homes, etc. and return to their home country to get in line outside the US. I could have sworn they had to go home, that was the point that Romney was making about McCain's Amnesty. I don't remember anything about illegals applying here in the states. I thought he had said it was unfair for those waiting in another country.

I saw a video and now I'm doubting different aspects of his plan or my hearing. Thxs.
    Yes, that is it exactly-----he is giving them time to get their affairs in order----then they have to return to their home countries and apply to come back into the US LEGALLY. No special pathway or accommodations.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

MW
    Bren wrote:

Yes, that is it exactly-----he is giving them time to get their affairs in order----then they have to return to their home countries and apply to come back into the US LEGALLY.
    That's not what he said in the video provided by Once_A_Dem.

The Tim Russert video has been beat to death-----and cleared up NUMERUOS times.

Tom tancredo sat down with Romney after the Tim Russert interview----and before endorsing Romney------and clarified all of Romney's positons.

Tom Tancredo then felt comfortable enough to endorse Romeny based on what he said-----and his past record of enforcing the laws against illegals.

Tom Tancredo's name and reputation is on the line-----he would not do this if he did not feel comfortable that Romney was going to do what he said that he would if elected.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast