Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by NOamNASTY
    one by one ,they are all showing their true colors . I already knew not to trust anything that has survived that house of ill repute long ago . Even though Hunter did fool me for awhile .

We need to clean house yall .
    It makes it impossible when illegals get away with voting in our elections!!

Re: delegates

Quote Originally Posted by jazzloversinc
    I got an email from someone in the Ron Paul camp from Utah. Most of the Utah Romeny delegates refuse to vote for McCain even though Romney asked them to...they say they will vote for Ron Paul. now THAT ought to tell you something. GO RON PAUL!!!

I will never vote for THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE!
    I believe that the state determines where the delegates will go!!

nope

Nope..they go into the undeclared catagory and can vote for whoever they choose. Up for grabs.

Re: nope

Nope..they go into the undeclared catagory and can vote for whoever they choose. Up for grabs.
    That is not what they said on Fox.

LOLLLLL FOX

LOLLL FOX has no idea.. clueless..so is cnn. DELEGATES aren't decided until the STATES have their conventions. We still have Ron Paul supporters registering to be delegates..and can do so until the state convention in APRIL. Delegates are VOTED On by regular people who attend the state conventions. NO delegates have been decided YET. Not One. (maybe superdelegates who have made endorsements..but that is not the majority)

Re: LOLLLLL FOX

LOLLL FOX has no idea.. clueless..so is cnn. DELEGATES aren't decided until the STATES have their conventions. We still have Ron Paul supporters registering to be delegates..and can do so until the state convention in APRIL. Delegates are VOTED On by regular people who attend the state conventions. NO delegates have been decided YET. Not One. (maybe superdelegates who have made endorsements..but that is not the majority)
    Again, I am not going to argue with you. McCain has almost 800 delegates, Paul has less than 50. Do the math.

Mitt Romney Endorses John McCain

By Abbitha, published Feb 14, 2008

"Mitt Romney, former rival for the Republican nomination, has announced today that he will endorse Arizona senator John McCain. Romney dropped out last week when it became obvious that it would be nearly impossible to beat McCain. Romney will making the official endorsement tonight, and he will be releasing his 280 delegates and asking them to vote for John McCain.

Rumors are that Romney decided to endorse McCain so that the Republican party will be united, while the Democrats still battle for the nomination. It is expected that John McCain will fly to Boston tonight to accept the endorsement. John McCain currently has 843 of the 1,191 delegates he needs to secure the Republican nomination. If all of Romney's 280 delegates switch to McCain it will give him 1,123 only 68 short of the finish line.

So why did Romney choose to support McCain rather then stick with the more similar minded social conservative Mike Huckabee? All we can do for now is speculate. Romney did mention uniting the Republicans and that could be a good idea because then while the democrats are still trying to find a nomination, the Republican party can start their national campaign. It has also been said that Romney plans on trying to run again in 2012, and his support of John McCain now will show everyone his commitment to the Republican party.

Of course, his support of McCain could always be the obvious: Romney trying to get the vice presidential nomination from McCain. With McCain being so old the Vice President could play a crucial role in this election, the voters will probably be looking closer at the vice president to make sure they would feel comfortable with him taking over is anything happened.

I am not currently a supporter of either John McCain or Mitt Romney, but I have several friends that were supporting Romney. I don't think Romney's endorsement of McCain is going to make much difference to the voters. Most of the people that I know that were Romney supporters don't like John McCain, they have decided to support Barack Obama instead.

It seems to me that Romney's and McCain's stances of issues are quite different. I think it might be a hard sell for Romney followers to just switch over to McCain. It will be interesting to see what happens because if this gets McCain the Republican nomination, then that will give the republicans a head start in the national campaign. It will also show to America that the Republicans can put their differences aside for the better of the Republican party, while the Democratic party continues to fight for the nomination."

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... ccain.html

Ugh! I can't believe he is doing this!

Just shows how politics rule all. He has to do what party leaders think are best for the party, and that is to endorse McCain to try and gain some of the party back.

Everybody has a price, and everybody has somebody at the controls driving them. Sad but true.

Mitt Romney endorses John McCain
    Former GOP opponent asks his delegates to support Arizona senator
    The Associated Press
    updated 4:50 p.m. ET, Thurs., Feb. 14, 2008

Republican presidential hopeful Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz, left, and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney - opponents at the Jan. 30 GOP debate - will come together this afternoon in an effort to unite the Republican Party behind McCain.

BOSTON - Republican campaign dropout Mitt Romney endorsed John McCain for the party's presidential nomination and asked his national convention delegates to swing behind the likely nominee.

"Even when the contest was close and our disagreements were debated, the caliber of the man was apparent," the former Massachusetts governor said, standing alongside his one-time rival at his now-defunct campaign's headquarters.

Romney collected 280 delegates during his run through the early primaries and caucuses, enough to move McCain close to the total of 1,191 needed to clinch the nomination a full nine months before the November general election.

The officials who disclosed Romney's plans did so on condition of anonymity to avoid pre-empting a formal announcement later in the day. McCain was campaigning in Vermont and Rhode Island, and added a flight to Boston to appear with Romney to accept the endorsement at his waterfront campaign headquarters.

McCain effectively sealed the nomination last week when Romney withdrew from the race; only former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and libertarian-leaning Texas Rep. Ron Paul remain. Both lag McCain in delegates to the Republican nominating convention this summer.

Romney's nod of support capped a bitter yearlong rivalry between the two men over the party's nomination. Romney criticized McCain in television ads in New Hampshire, and both candidates targeted each other almost daily during campaign events and debates. Neither is especially fond of the other.

Over the past year, Romney cast McCain as outside of the Republican conservative mainstream and a Washington insider who contributed to the problems plaguing a broken system. McCain, in turn, argued that Romney's equivocations and reversals on several issues indicated a willingness to change his positions to fit his political goals.

The clash effectively ended on Feb. 5, when McCain won a string of big-state "Super Tuesday" primaries from coast to coast.

Officials said the former Massachusetts governor made his decision to back McCain earlier in the day, citing a desire to help the Arizona senator wrap up the nomination before too much more time passed and while Democrats still did not have a nominee.

McCain is on a steady march toward amassing the 1,191 delegates he needs, but Huckabee has proven an unexpectedly durable challenger. With a strong appeal to evangelical conservatives, Huckabee defeated McCain in two out of three states that chose delegates last weekend, and ran a far stronger race than expected before losing the Virginia primary on Tuesday.

The senator began the day with 843 delegates, to 242 for Huckabee. Officials say Romney can ask his delegates to support McCain to the extent permitted by state law and party rules.

In the next round of voting, Louisiana holds a state convention Saturday in which caucus-goers will help decide how 44 of the state's 47 national convention delegates are split. At stake Tuesday in Wisconsin's primary are 40 Republican delegates.

A former Massachusetts governor, Romney suspended his candidacy last week after it became apparent that toppling McCain would be near impossible to gain the delegates needed to defeat McCain.

In a speech before conservative activists in Washington, D.C., Romney acknowledged the difficulty in overtaking McCain. "I must now stand aside, for our party and our country," he said at the time, adding that doing otherwise would increase the chances that Democrats would reclaim the White House.

At the time, Romney did not offer an endorsement, and McCain said he did not seek one when the two spoke by telephone.

Romney was the only one of McCain's main primary opponents who had resisted lining up behind the nominee in waiting; former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani and former politician and actor Fred Thompson both have endorsed him.

Check back for more on this breaking news story.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23168380/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast