Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    SOSADFORUS,

I know he is sponsoring S.9! He's a liberal, condescending, camera-hogging ass. Maybe he's trying to fool people into thinking he had nothing to do with the legislation. I don't trust him a bit. He's on a par with the Hildabeast.

Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    SOSADFORUS,

I know he is sponsoring S.9! He's a liberal, condescending, camera-hogging ass. Maybe he's trying to fool people into thinking he had nothing to do with the legislation. I don't trust him a bit. He's on a par with the Hildabeast.

Oliver
    Oh my gawd i'm being lied to again, how the hell am I going to know who the hell to believe, Will it never end!! I tell you I new the man never had a back bone. I could never vote for him but I was hoping we got one of those losy dems on our side for this immigration. Two good to be true HUH!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I'm Tivo'ing it to see what he said. It's hard to believe O'Reilly believed him but these are strange times.

Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    I'm Tivo'ing it to see what he said. It's hard to believe O'Reilly believed him but these are strange times.
    well now I didn't say O'Rielly believed him because I don't think he did, infact he told him he sounded more like a conservative than O'Rielly is. or a very moderate conservative. They talk out both sides of their mouth you know!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Any up dates on S9?

Banned
    Haven't heard any news on S9. I'll watch Chuckie Schumer this morning. Can't wait--NOT!

Banned
    Here's my letter from my dear Senator Craig--Let's see I've received it or another version 10-15 times.

"Thank you for contacting me about immigration issues. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

On Election Day, the American people voted to transfer control of Congress to the Democrat Party, empowering the new leadership to change the direction of public policy. While no formal agenda for immigration reform has been determined in the Senate, it appears to be a top priority on the agendas of many in Congress.

With that said, I'm pleased that the Republican-led 109th Congress enacted several important measures to strengthen border security and domestic law enforcement. Some of these measures include:
    " providing nearly $9 billion, total, on border and internal immigration enforcement, which is about a tripling over the last decade;
    " doubling the number of Border Patrol agents over the next five years;
    " passing the Byrd-Craig Amendment to the emergency supplemental appropriations bill - an amendment I sponsored - that made an immediate down payment on the Border Patrol, by reprogramming funds from other programs to pay for recruiting and training an additional 500 Border Patrol agents and 218 other enforcement agents and officers, and adding 1,950 detention beds for illegal immigrants that the law requires to be held for criminal activity;
    " and passing the Secure Fence Act, which authorized construction of a double fence along 700 miles of the U.S. border with Mexico.

However, more enforcement and tighter borders are only part of the answer to the immigration dilemma, demonstrated by the fact that in the last decade, the undocumented population has more than doubled, even though over the same timeframe we tripled the number of agents enforcing border and immigration laws, intensified worker identification checks, implemented high-tech initiatives for better identification and tracking, and increased deportations to nearly a million annually.

During the 109th Congress the Senate opted for a multi-pronged approach to immigration reform that included improved border control, increased domestic law enforcement, and visa reform. Border security initiatives can only work if they are coupled with domestic law enforcement that identifies and brings undocumented workers out of the underground economy, and an effective temporary worker program to match willing foreign workers with jobs that Americans are unwilling or unable to perform. That is why the Senate bill went beyond border control and included provisions addressing internal law enforcement and temporary worker programs. I believe the current Senate will likely begin any immigration debate with a bill very similar to this one.

Protecting our homeland security and the safety of our people is my highest priority and the first, fundamental responsibility of the government. I will also continue to support policies that protect and benefit American citizens, treat immigrants fairly, and preserve our economy, resources and national security. You can be assured of my continued efforts towards these goals in the 110th Congress.

Again, thank you for contacting me about immigration and allowing me the opportunity to share my views with you. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance on this or any other matters of concern."

Sincerely,

LARRY E. CRAIG
    United States Senator

Banned
    SOSADFORUS wrote:

He wrote a new book and explained some of it, he said if they got the borders secure and stopped the flow of illegals, stopped all social services for them, stopped anchor babies, and fined employers, 10,000 the first time then 50,000, with in 5 years half the illegals would go home on their own, then have guest worker program but from around the world and educated people instead of all from the same country and poor.
    Wow! I was tired last night and must have skipped over this. If Schumer said those things, that is UNBELIEVABLE!

Banned
    SOSADFORUS:

I watched Chuckie Schumer and he said all the right things, except of course biometric ID, but it's what he didn't say that concerns me. I didn't hear him say what he was going to do with the millions already here, did you?

Banned
    I called Senator Schumer's office and they transferred me to the person that handles immigration, which was of course an answering machine.

I told the answering machine that I was very impressed with Senator Schumer and what he had to say on the border on B. O'Reilly, but I wanted to know what he planned to do with the 10-20 million already here. I said that number would quickly grow to 100 million if they were give citizenship through chain migration. I said it concerned me because I knew certain groups were writing S.9 and they most certainly weren't the "middle class" he is speaking to in his new book.