Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No English speakers need apply

I got this email from a friend who asked me to post it where I could. Here is the content of that email:

*2/13/08 7:03am PST - Welcome Instapundit readers! Glad to have you here on my humble blog. By all means, feel free to click around the site and find out what else I have to say.

I had Monday off in honor of Lincoln's birthday, so I thought I would do something productive and get the car washed. I was on my way back home and had just turned from Fair Oaks Boulevard onto El Camino Avenue when I spotted the sign pictured above. I was so flabbergasted by the audacity of what was posted on the sign that I drove on home, got the digital camera, and drove back so I could obtain a photographic record of this travesty of a job posting.

For years, people have been bothered by the Press 1 for English; Press 2 for Spanish nonsense, but at least you had a choice of which button to push. Prospective employees who might want to work for JC Penney don't have a choice - they must be able to speak Spanish if they want this job... and this job is located in the United States; a suburban area of Sacramento to be exact.

Unfortunately, that picture represents our future. Just today, the media - both mainstream and alternative - was buzzing about a report that said by the year 2050, the population of the United States will have ballooned to 438 million people, with the number of Hispanics in this country tripling from its current level, and the percentage of our Hispanic population doubling. And the million dollar quote from the article stated:
    The projected growth in the U.S. population 303 million today will be driven primarily by immigration among all groups except the elderly.Naturally, they didn't specify if that would be legal or illegal immigration, but I'm sure you can figure that one out on your own.

I realize that JC Penney is a private company, and if they want Spanish-speaking employees, then as a private company, I believe they have the right to follow this wrong-headed employment requirement if they wish. However, as a consumer who is free to shop anywhere I please, I am under no compulsion to do business with JC Penney, and I am likewise perfectly free to criticize JC Penney for a company requirement that is fundamentally wrong. From now on, I'll buy my t-shirts and dress shoes elsewhere.

Good Day to You, Sir

Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was so excited about figuring out how to insert a picture, that I forgot to write my comments lol

How come the EEOC says it is discrimination to require English, but making Spanish a requirement is hunky dory?
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Many jobs here in Vegas REQUIRE bi lingual

How long until someone wants to make a load of cash
    and finds the right attorney and then dings these morons to the
    moon for this garbage

now

I'd like to spray paint under it...

Now spending my money elsewhere

Banned
    Cayla

Can you get a phone number for that place?

I'd like to call them up and say HOLA

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    That is just absolutely sickening! IN YOUR FACE AMERICANS!
    Great photo capture cayla.

NO MORE J.C. Penny Christmas gift cards for me!

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    I was so excited about figuring out how to insert a picture, that I forgot to write my comments lol

How come the EEOC says it is discrimination to require English, but making Spanish a requirement is hunky dory?
    I actually had an email exchange with an employee of the EEOC and posed that same question. Their answer to me is that if being bilingual is not necessary to perform a particular job, you can file a lawsuit.

That's the problem, though. J.C. Penney's will claim that it is necessary to speak Spanish to communicate with non-English speaking customers.

It's ridiculous, of course, as we are not required to speak the native language of any other demographic group.

I wish I had copied what I said, but I didn't think of it until it was too late. I just sent JC penny customer service, general questions a very heated letter telling them they lost a customer over this and how dare they discriminate. I asked them if they would consider shopping at a business that refused to hire African Americans, then answered "of course not"for them. I asked how they could expect anybody to shop at a business, located in the US, that refuses to hire Americans. Then told them that they couldn't. I promised to post this picture everywhere I can think of.

I am inviting, encouraging all of you to also email them, lets fill their box. Also, post this picture where ever you can, lets make this widely known and refuse to shop there, but make sure they have the emails letting them know why.

They will NEVER get my business again!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Sam's club gives the company I work for membership discount which I purchased last year. When I discovered their funding of Laraza, I never got the photo id or entered their store.
    I wrote and explained why my account was never active and that I would pass the informtion to co-workers. Next years participation is in doubt because many are not renewing.
    One person can make an impact, if ony a small one.
    "It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself".
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast