Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Martha wrote:

Tancredo would never endorse a candidate that promoted amnesty - never happen, I don't care what he said in that interview.
    You would completely disregard something that came directly out of the horses mouth?????? Any way you cut it, that's just no logical.
    Alright, I reviewed the interview above and checked ontheissues.org so this is what he was saying in 2007
    Source: 2007 GOP debate at Saint Anselm College Jun 3, 2007
    Proposed Z visa allows illegal aliens to stay in America
    Q [to Romney]: Sen. McCain has accused you of flip-flopping on immigration. McCain said: "Pandering for votes on this issue while offering no solution to the problem amounts to doing nothing, and doing nothing is silent amnesty."
    ROMNEY: My view is that we should enforce immigration laws. And this bill, unfortunately, has at least one provision that's a real problem. It's the Z visa. It allows people who've come here illegally to stay here for the rest of their lives. Not necessarily as citizens; they have to wait 13 years to become citizens. That's not the point. The point is, every illegal alien, almost every one, under this bill gets to stay here. That's simply not fair to get put ahead in the line of all the people who've been waiting legally to come to this country.

McCAIN: Our legislation does account for people who are here illegally, it does have an employment verification system, and it weeds out those who shouldn't be here, and it gives others a chance to remain in this country.

Make English national language; communicate in Spanish too
    Q: You've been accused of flip-flopping on immigration. You indicated that you'd want the national language of the US to be English. However, why are you airing ads in Spanish? Your campaign also provides a Spanish-speaking version of your website with your son also speaking in Spanish.
    A: Let me make it real clear--I'm not anti-immigrant. I love immigrants. I love legal immigrants coming to our country. I'm happy to communicate to them, and I hope they vote for me. And I'm happy to have people all over the country, and I'm going to reach out to them in any language I can to have them vote for me and understand why I'm going to support making this a great land.

I very firmly believe that we have to make sure that we enforce our borders, that we have an employment verification system, and that those people who have come here illegally do not get an advantage to become permanent residents, they do not get a special pathway. That's the problem I have with the bill the Kennedy-McCain bill.

McCain's plan gives special pathway to those here illegally
    Q: You have also called Sen. McCain's immigration plan amnesty. But you said, "Those that are here paying taxes and not taking government benefits should begin a process toward application for citizenship as they would from their home country." Why isn't that amnesty as well?
    A: Well, my view is this. People should have no advantage by having come here illegally.

Q: But you're not telling them to go home.

A: I am going to tell them to go home, but they start by beginning the process of applying for citizenship or applying for permanent residency. They're not going to be barred from doing that, but they do not get any advantage by having come here illegally. That's the key part of what I objected to in McCain-Kennedy, which said that people who are here illegally get a special pathway. My view, 1) secure the border; 2) have an employment verification system; and 3) say to those that are there illegally, get in line with everybody else.
    Bottom line, he is not as tough as I would like, but I doubt if even Ron Paul is planning on rounding up all of them to deport. If we enforce our laws, and they cannot find work and are denied gov't assistance, they will leave. I can live with that. Frankly now knowing how strongly we feel about IA along with his talk with Tancredo, I am hoping he has gotten stronger on this issue. I know, I know, he's not perfect, but who is.
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

It is not what they say they are for or against.

It is what these jokers will actually do.

Romney is a spoiled rich boy just like Bush. He is a double talker.

And Pelosi needs to go now.

All of these rich folks have their own club, whether Repub or Dem, and they think they know what is best for us.

I am tired of it. They get richer while running this country into the ground.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

MW
    Martha wrote:

There have been at least 5 or 6 of us who have been posting this "proof" all day today, I refuse to do it again.
    Well, I must be blind than because not once have I seen anyone say Duncan Hunter has never done anything to enhance border security or fight illegal immigration. Isn't that basically whay you're saying when your falsely report that Romney is the "ONLY" candidate with a record of doing something? By saying he's the only one, you're essentially saying Hunter has done nothing. That's just wrong, and I think you know that. Duncan Hunter has a well established record of actions against illegal immigration. Furthermore, he's done more than anyone in the U.S. Congress to strengthen our borders. I'm sorry, but Romney can't hold a candle to Hunter on the issues of border security and immigration.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Paul is not gonna happen.

For those who may not have seen, here is Romney's plan:

The Romney Agenda: Enforcing Our Immigration Laws

http://www.mittromney.com/News/Press-Re ... da_12.14.0

Unless Ive missed something that is something I can live with quite
    happily.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Quote Originally Posted by bootsalinda
    It is not what they say they are for or against.

It is what these jokers will actually do.

Romney is a spoiled rich boy just like Bush. He is a double talker.

And Pelosi needs to go now.

All of these rich folks have their own club, whether Repub or Dem, and they think they know what is best for us.

I am tired of it. They get richer while running this country into the ground.
    Youre right. We have been led down too many garden paths.
    They lie like dawgs!!
    LAWS!

Like I said previously, McCain doesn't support amnesty either,
    Incorrect. McCain openly supports amnesty, "after the borders are secure" claptrap. Giuliani, McCain and Huckabee are the GOP amnesty advocates.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Martha wrote:

There have been at least 5 or 6 of us who have been posting this "proof" all day today, I refuse to do it again.
    Well, I must be blind than because not once have I seen anyone say Duncan Hunter has never done anything to enhance border security or fight illegal immigration. Isn't that basically whay you're saying when your falsely report that Romney is the "ONLY" candidate with a record of doing something? By saying he's the only one, you're essentially saying Hunter has done nothing. That's just wrong, and I think you know that. Duncan Hunter has a well established record of actions against illegal immigration. Furthermore, he's done more than anyone in the U.S. Congress to strengthen our borders. I'm sorry, but Romney can't hold a candle to Hunter on the issues of border security and immigration.
    That 5 or 6 of us, is not my quote nevertheless let me respond to your wrath. I am the one with Hunter bumper stickers and have a receipt for my donation to his campaign. I wish he was doing better, I'm sure Tancredo wishes Hunter was doing better, but HE'S NOT. Plus, yes he passed a number of bills but the democrats axe them, along with a number of red coats. How bout that I'll build the fence in 6 months - ain't going to happen obviously! Demand letters for the release of Ramos and Compean are nice too, but it's not getting it done.
    So for successes, yes it's Romney!
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

MW
    Martha wrote:

That 5 or 6 of us, is not my quote nevertheless let me respond to your wrath.
    Oops, my bad. Sorry.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by corhanem
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    This President is destroying this country as fast as he can and somehow yet somehow some believe he is fighting in Iraq to save it? That makes no sense.

Agreed. I felt this way since the 2000 election. Why would people (assuming sound mind) put a person into the highest office in the land, who had a history of destroying everything he touches? For example, please research his two failed oil companies -- both run straight into the ground in a very short time! While you're at it, look into his SEC investigation.

I would not ask a homeless person the best way to handle finances, and you should not ask a person with a barely-double-digit IQ who can't even handle simple business transactions to figure out how to fix a nation.
    Well, speaking for myself, my family and all my friends.....we were less
    afraid of Bush than Kerry or Gore. We all wonder now if things could have
    been any worse with one of those other characters!
    LAWS!

Re: Huckabee & Gilchrist

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorKylNoMas
    Tancredo's endorsement of Romney does deflect somewhat from the Huckabee/Gilchrist farce. Also, the fact that Huckabee doesn't really have a theology degree has been revealed in NH this week. Guess he didn't think that anyone would question it?
    Do you have the link for this article......I want to post it on a few other sites.
    I found this on Huckabee's theology degree, or lack of it, hope this helps you.
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=59222

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast