Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OK I've made my choice. I'm not voting. If the "evil wins over the lesser of evils" then that's OK. At least the country will go down the drain faster and we won't have to agonize over it and wonder if it will happen. Let's just get it over with.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    McCain is rising in some polls in NH, pushed along by the MSM who loves anti-Republican Republicans. Do you want HIM as prez, or him to do enuf to deflate Romney and thus help Giuliani/Huckabee?
    I tried to find some New Hampshire papers that would allow comments to articles about the politicians. However, I could not find any!!
    I wouldn't worry about McCain...he is not going to win in New Hampshire.

Although I am worried about the dam democrats.
    Recently, Duncan Hunter was here in North Conway and the local paper didn't announce it until that day and by the time I found out about it, it was the next day and I missed it. I was so mad. When Hitlery came here it was announced weeks before. As a result I won't be advertising with that paper anymore. Morons.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Americanpatriot
    McCain is rising in some polls in NH, pushed along by the MSM who loves anti-Republican Republicans. Do you want HIM as prez, or him to do enuf to deflate Romney and thus help Giuliani/Huckabee?
    I tried to find some New Hampshire papers that would allow comments to articles about the politicians. However, I could not find any!!

Although recently, Duncan Hunter was here in North Conway and the local paper didn't announce it until that day and by the time I found out about it, it was the next day and I missed it. I was so mad. When Hitlery came here it was announced weeks before. As a result I won't be advertising with that paper anymore. Morons.
    What are the big papers in NH where we can post comments to articles??

McCain is picking up a lot of steam in NH!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

I was going to vote for Tancredo

Please don't shoot the messenger, but here is the verbiage straight from both sides of Romney's mouth:

GOV. ROMNEY: Now let's, now let's look at those very carefully, OK, and you're, you're a careful reader. In the interview with The Boston Globe, I described all three programs that were out there, described what they were, acknowledged that they were not technically an amnesty program, but I indicated in that same interview that I had not formulated my own proposal and that I was endorsing none of those three programs. I did not support any of them. I called them reasonable. They are reasonable efforts to, to look at the problem. But I said I did not support--and I said specifically in that interview I have not formulated my own policy and have not determined which I would support. And, of course, the Cornyn proposal required all of the immigrants to go home. The McCain proposal required most of them to go home, but let some stay. And the Bush proposal I, frankly, don't recall in that much detail. But they had very different proposals. My own view is consistent with what you saw in the Lowell Sun, that those people who had come here illegally and are in this country--THE 12 MILLION OR SO THAT ARE HERE ILLEGALLY--SHOULD BE ABLE TO STAY SIGN UP FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCY OR CITIZENSHIP, but they should not be given a special pathway, a special guarantee that all of them get to say here for the rest of their lives merely by virtue of having come here illegally. And that, I think, is the great flaw in the final bill that came forward from the Senate.

MR. RUSSERT: But they shouldn't have to go home?

GOV. ROMNEY: Well, whether they go home--they should go home eventually. There's a set per--in my view they should be--they should have a set period during which period they, they sign up for application for permanent residency or, or for citizenship. But there's a set period where upon they should return home. And if they've been approved for citizenship or for a permanent residency, well, thy would be a different matter. But for the great majority, they'll be going home. (For what? A touch back?)

MR. RUSSERT: The children they had born here are U.S. citizens, so do the children stay here and the parents go home?

GOV. ROMNEY: Well, that's a choice, of course, the parents would, would make. BUT MY VIEW IS THAT THOSE 12 MILLION WHO'VE COME HERE ILLEGALLY SHOULD BE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO SIGN UP TO STAY HERE, but they should not be given any advantage in becoming a permanent resident or citizen by virtue of simply coming here illegally. And likewise, if they've brought a child to this country or they've had a child in this country, that's, that's wonderful that they're growing their families, but that doesn't mean that they all get to stay here indefinitely. We're fundamentally a nation of laws. And let me underscore something here that I think's awfully important, because this immigration debate can sound anti-immigrant to a lot of people. It's not intended to be that by myself or, I believe, by the vast majority of others that talk about it. We value legal immigration. We welcome people coming here with different cultures and skill and education, but we are a nation of laws. And our freedoms and our liberty are associated with following the law. We have to secure our border, we have to make sure there's an employment verification system to identify who's here legally and who's not. And then for the 12 million who've come here, welcome them to get in line with everybody else, but no special pathway.
    [/b]

Quote Originally Posted by Americanpatriot

Although recently, Duncan Hunter was here in North Conway and the local paper didn't announce it until that day and by the time I found out about it, it was the next day and I missed it. I was so mad. When Hitlery came here it was announced weeks before. As a result I won't be advertising with that paper anymore. Morons.
    What are the big papers in NH where we can post comments to articles??

McCain is picking up a lot of steam in NH!!
    The Union Leader is a big paper, I believe out of Manchester, by New Hampshire standards. In the north country the Daily Sun is about ten pages and full of typo's so I don't read it much.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

SenorKyNoMas,
    Well aware of this and had a long discussion of same.

Bren,
    I haven't checked these individually to see if you can post comments to them, but here is a link to NH papers:

http://www.newslink.org/nhnews.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: I was going to vote for Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by SenorKylNoMas
    Please don't shoot the messenger, but here is the verbiage straight from both sides of Romney's mouth:

GOV. ROMNEY: Now let's, now let's look at those very carefully, OK, and you're, you're a careful reader. In the interview with The Boston Globe, I described all three programs that were out there, described what they were, acknowledged that they were not technically an amnesty program, but I indicated in that same interview that I had not formulated my own proposal and that I was endorsing none of those three programs. I did not support any of them. I called them reasonable. They are reasonable efforts to, to look at the problem. But I said I did not support--and I said specifically in that interview I have not formulated my own policy and have not determined which I would support. And, of course, the Cornyn proposal required all of the immigrants to go home. The McCain proposal required most of them to go home, but let some stay. And the Bush proposal I, frankly, don't recall in that much detail. But they had very different proposals. My own view is consistent with what you saw in the Lowell Sun, that those people who had come here illegally and are in this country--THE 12 MILLION OR SO THAT ARE HERE ILLEGALLY--SHOULD BE ABLE TO STAY SIGN UP FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCY OR CITIZENSHIP, but they should not be given a special pathway, a special guarantee that all of them get to say here for the rest of their lives merely by virtue of having come here illegally. And that, I think, is the great flaw in the final bill that came forward from the Senate.

MR. RUSSERT: But they shouldn't have to go home?

GOV. ROMNEY: Well, whether they go home--they should go home eventually. There's a set per--in my view they should be--they should have a set period during which period they, they sign up for application for permanent residency or, or for citizenship. But there's a set period where upon they should return home. And if they've been approved for citizenship or for a permanent residency, well, thy would be a different matter. But for the great majority, they'll be going home. (For what? A touch back?)

MR. RUSSERT: The children they had born here are U.S. citizens, so do the children stay here and the parents go home?

GOV. ROMNEY: Well, that's a choice, of course, the parents would, would make. BUT MY VIEW IS THAT THOSE 12 MILLION WHO'VE COME HERE ILLEGALLY SHOULD BE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO SIGN UP TO STAY HERE, but they should not be given any advantage in becoming a permanent resident or citizen by virtue of simply coming here illegally. And likewise, if they've brought a child to this country or they've had a child in this country, that's, that's wonderful that they're growing their families, but that doesn't mean that they all get to stay here indefinitely. We're fundamentally a nation of laws. And let me underscore something here that I think's awfully important, because this immigration debate can sound anti-immigrant to a lot of people. It's not intended to be that by myself or, I believe, by the vast majority of others that talk about it. We value legal immigration. We welcome people coming here with different cultures and skill and education, but we are a nation of laws. And our freedoms and our liberty are associated with following the law. We have to secure our border, we have to make sure there's an employment verification system to identify who's here legally and who's not. And then for the 12 million who've come here, welcome them to get in line with everybody else, but no special pathway.
    [/b]
    I know.........This issue/interview was beat up and discussed on Sunday or Monday.

Keep in mind........Tom made this endorsement AFTER this interview----so he still had confidence that Romney will do what is right and what is necessary.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

SenorKyNoMas,
    Well aware of this and had a long discussion of same.

Bren,
    I haven't checked these individually to see if you can post comments to them, but here is a link to NH papers:

http://www.newslink.org/nhnews.html
    I looked through that link yesterday.........I could not find any articles/papers that would let me post comments.

Huckabee & Gilchrist

Tancredo's endorsement of Romney does deflect somewhat from the Huckabee/Gilchrist farce. Also, the fact that Huckabee doesn't really have a theology degree has been revealed in NH this week. Guess he didn't think that anyone would question it?

Ron Paul will be a disaster internationally - I don' t buy that.

But

What we have is success???????

If we turn this country around, we can't continue with the same old stuff - we just can't.

This President is destroying this country as fast as he can and somehow yet somehow some believe he is fighting in Iraq to save it? That makes no sense.

Does anyone think our meddling, putting tyrants in power, causing wars within the countries for 50 years is going to make them love us.

How would you feel if you lived in those countries?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast