Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have a co-worker who is as liberal and
    to the left as one can get. He's a hard core
    Democrat. I mean, the NYTimes is a
    conservative paper in his view.

I am still shocked, to say the least, when he declared to me
    that he liked Huckbee a lot.

Now that said a lot about Huckbee to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    1. That's a little vague. Do you think we need to keep bases in 130 countries around the globe, or can at least SOME of our soldiers come home?
    I agree with Buchanan in that we need to rebuild our military back to cold war era levels and shut down some of our cold war era bases at the same time.

2. Here's the latest on our long-term presence in Iraq...
    http://www.globalpolicy.org/security/is ... /bases.htm
    Thanks for the link. It proves my view that the Iraqis won't put up with a "permanent" military presence in their country is correct:

[quote]Iraqi Opposition to Permanent Bases

A large majority of Iraqis oppose a long-term US presence in their country and consider bases as a key negative symbol of the occupation. Opinion polls have shown that Iraqis believe that the United States is planning to establish and keep such bases, even if the Iraqi government asked to remove them. [44]

Among Iraqi politicians, though a few Kurdish leaders have said they favor permanent bases, [45] a large number of leading figures in the Parliament have strongly rejected the idea. A spokesman for the Accord Front Sunni coalition party said in September, 2006 that the front “will not allow permanent military bases on Iraqi soil under the pretext of protecting Iraq,â€

Quote Originally Posted by odiesback
    I mean, the NYTimes is a
    Just wanted to say that I got a pretty good chuckle out of that
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Ron Paul will be a disaster internationally - I don' t buy that.

But

What we have is success???????

If we turn this country around, we can't continue with the same old stuff - we just can't.

This President is destroying this country as fast as he can and somehow yet somehow some believe he is fighting in Iraq to save it? That makes no sense.

Does anyone think our meddling, putting tyrants in power, causing wars within the countries for 50 years is going to make them love us.

How would you feel if you lived in those countries?
    See, there you go again, blaming America for our troubles with Jihad and terrorists. I suppose it's Israels fault that the Isamists hate them too. We are the good guys, we are the greatest nation in the world and we are hated for that.
    As for Romney and immigration. I have always believed we don't have to deport them if we cut off their ability to work and start enforcing our immigration laws. They will leave on their own, it's called attrition.
    Tancredo would never endorse a candidate that promoted amnesty - never happen, I don't care what he said in that interview.
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

But

If we turn this country around, we can't continue with the same old stuff - we just can't.

This President is destroying this country as fast as he can and somehow yet somehow some believe he is fighting in Iraq to save it? That makes no sense.

Does anyone think our meddling, putting tyrants in power, causing wars within the countries for 50 years is going to make them love us.

I don't believe one thing bush says. Bush is a tyrant and he is taking orders from the likes of David Rockafeller(sp?), Bilderberg Group/CFR; they have planned world war l & ll, the Vietnam war, Iraq, and are planning to invade Iran next. Bush has admitted that no matter what happens he wants Hillery in the White House in 2008.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Okay I'll bite, how exactly has Bush destroyed our country?
    A sitting Republican President is not going to endorse a democrat, what are you talking about?
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Huckabee & Gilchrist

Quote Originally Posted by SenorKylNoMas
    Tancredo's endorsement of Romney does deflect somewhat from the Huckabee/Gilchrist farce. Also, the fact that Huckabee doesn't really have a theology degree has been revealed in NH this week. Guess he didn't think that anyone would question it?
    Do you have the link for this article......I want to post it on a few other sites.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Martha
    I have always believed we don't have to deport them if we cut off their ability to work and start enforcing our immigration laws. They will leave on their own, it's called attrition.
    Tancredo would never endorse a candidate that promoted amnesty - never happen, I don't care what he said in that interview.
    No doubt. We are all in agreement on this. The question is: will Mitt really employ the attrition strategy?
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Martha

But

See, there you go again, blaming America for our troubles with Jihad and terrorists. I suppose it's Israels fault that the Isamists hate them too. We are the good guys, we are the greatest nation in the world and we are hated for that.
    As for Romney and immigration. I have always believed we don't have to deport them if we cut off their ability to work and start enforcing our immigration laws. They will leave on their own, it's called attrition.
    Martha,

Have you ever heard the phrase 'cause and effect'? Is that REALLY that hard to get ahold of? The CIA, Paul Wolfowitz and the 9/11 Commission all called it 'blowback', but it's the very same thing. If that's 'blaming America', I proudly stand guilty! Our foreign policy over the last 50+ years has brought this to a head and all the denyers in the world can't change that FACT.

Or are the CIA, Paul Wolfowitz and the 9/11 Commission all 'Anti-American', too??

Quote Originally Posted by odiesback
    I have a co-worker who is as liberal and
    to the left as one can get. He's a hard core
    Democrat. I mean, the NYTimes is a

I am still shocked, to say the least, when he declared to me
    that he liked Huckbee a lot.
    Of course he loves Huckabee, any Democrat can beat him!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast