Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Populist wrote:

Incorrect. McCain openly supports amnesty, "after the borders are secure" claptrap.
    Of course he does, I was attempting to make a point with a little saracasm thrown in for good measure. Yes, I know McCain supports amnesty, but he doesn't like to call it amnesty.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Martha wrote:

yes he passed a number of bills but the democrats axe them, along with a number of red coats. How bout that I'll build the fence in 6 months - ain't going to happen obviously! Demand letters for the release of Ramos and Compean are nice too, but it's not getting it done.
    So for successes, yes it's Romney!
    You can't be serious. You profess to know all about Hunter, yet you think all he has done during his 27 years in Congress is get get some bills axed and write a few letters? Sorry Martha, you've missed the boat on this one. What about building the San Diego border fence? That alone took more effort than anything Romney has accomplished.

[quote]September 14, 2006: The Secure Fence Act passes the House by a vote of 283 to 138. As a coauthor of the bill, Congressman Hunter supports and applauds its passage.

September 13, 2006: Congressman Hunter's amendment to H.R. 4437, extending the San Diego Border Fence across portions of Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, is incorporated into H.R. 6061, the Secure Fence Act (King-NY).

March 1, 2006: Congressman Hunter coauthors the Border Tunnel Prevention Act, legislation criminalizing the construction and use of border tunnels to illegally enter the United States. Click here to read the press release.

December 15, 2005: Congressman Hunter successfully adds an amendment to H.R. 4437, the Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Alien Control Act of 2005, mandating that 698 miles of border fencing be erected in five strategic locations along our nation's Southern border with Mexico. While the Hunter Amendment passed the House by a vote of 260-159, efforts to reconcile H.R. 4437 with its Senate counterpart were unsuccessful.

October 6, 2005: House passes H.R. 2360, the FY 2006 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, which appropriates $35 million for completion of the San Diego Border Fence.

September, 14, 2005: Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff announces that he will exercise the authority granted to him under the REAL ID Act and require the completion of the San Diego Border Fence.

February 7, 2005: House passes H.R. 418, which grants Secretary of Homeland Security the ability to waive all laws necessary for the construction of the border fence. The Farr Amendment to strip the language was rejected by a vote of 179 to 243.

October 28, 2004: House passes the Ose-Hunter Amendment to H.R. 10, the 9-11 Recommendations Implementation Act. The Amendment grants Secretary of Homeland Security broad waiver authority to expedite construction of the San Diego border fence. The vote passes the House by 256 to 160.

February 2004 to October 2004: Customs and Border Protection staff conduct over 14 meetings/conferences with the California Coastal Commission to find a mutually agreeable solution. No solution found.

February 2, 2004: California Coastal Commission denies U.S. Bureau of Customs and Border Protection's application for a consistency determination (CD-63-03) pertaining to the 3.5 miles of secondary and tertiary fencing from the Pacific Ocean to the International Wastewater Treatment Plant.

July 1, 2003: Fish and Wildlife Service issues their biological opinion for the construction of the final 3.5 miles of the border fence from the Pacific Ocean to Goat Canyon.

July 25, 2002: Congressman Hunter successfully offeres an amendment to H.R. 5005, the Homeland Security Act, stipulating that it was the sense of Congress that the San Diego border fence project is a priority of the new department.

May 23, 2002: The U.S. Immigration & Naturalization Service announces that the following assets would be deployed in the El Centro Border Sector and along the Southwest border:

two specially equipped hovercraft for the All-America Canal;
    deployment of newly formed horse patrol unit for operation in rough territory;
    10 additional Border Patrol Search, Trauma, and Rescue agents, bringing total to 30 agents deployed in sector;
    five additional helicopters and eight new pilots across the Southwest, bringing total to 23;
    expanding the testing of an air-powered pepper ball launcher system in both El Centro and Yuma (first tested in San Diego Sector and used to respond to violent situations avoiding deadly force);
    In Yuma Sector, six "rescue beacon" have been installed which sends a electronic distress signal to the Sector's communications center when button is pushed.
    November 26, 2001: Congressman Hunter writes a letter to James Ziglar, Commissioner of the Immigration & Naturalization Service (INS), to stress the importance of completion of the border fence in San Diego and that the INS investigate the construction of a similar fence along the All-American Canal.
    July 19, 2001: Congressman Hunter votes in favor of legislation that provides $66 million for the hiring of 570 additional Border Patrol agents nationwide. This increase fulfills a requirement Congressman Hunter included in the 1996 Immigration Bill which authorized the hiring of 1,000 new agents annually over a period of five years. The legislation also provides $6 million for the U.S. Border Patrol Station in El Centro and $3 million for the continued construction of a multi-barrier fencing project in San Diego County.

October 11, 2000: Congressman Hunter includes $5 million in H.R. 4205, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2001, for the Southwest Border Fence Project, which constructs fences and road-building projects to impede continued drug-smuggling along the U.S. border region.

June 27, 2000: Congressman Hunter votes in favor of H.R. 4690, the FY 2001 Commerce, Justice, State, Judiciary, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, which provides funding for 430 additional Border Patrol agents nationwide. The legislation also provides funding for several INS construction projects in San Diego and Imperial Counties:

$3.3 million for the continued construction of a multi-barrier fencing project in San Diego County;
    $3.3 million for the San Diego Border Patrol Station;
    $307,000 for the El Cajon Border Patrol Station;
    $4 million for the El Centro Border Patrol Station;
    $300,000 for the El Centro Detention and Deportation Project.
    October 13, 1999: Congressman Hunter includes $4 million in H.R. 2561, the FY 2000 Defense Appropriations Act, for the Southwest Border Fence Project.
    May 12, 1999: The Clinton-Gore Administration revealed that, despite a congressional mandate and the funding to hire 1,000 additional Border Patrol agents for fiscal year 1999, only 200 will actually be hired. Congressman Hunter is joined by Reps. Silvestre Reyes (D-TX), Henry Bonilla (R-TX) and Lamar Smith (R-TX) as well as Senators Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX) and Phil Gramm (R-TX) at a news conference to announce they will send a letter to the President. Click here to read the press release. Of the 1,000 agents that were supposed to be deployed, 78 were to be stationed at the El Centro Sector of Imperial County --- now the sector may not receive any. The administration does not plan to deploy new agents in San Diego County.

The letter, signed by more than 50 Democrat and Republican Members of Congress, expressed "deep disappointment at the continuing lack of compliance with the congressional mandate to increase the Border Patrol by 1,000 agents per year. Meanwhile, cross-border drug smuggling and alien smuggling continue to cost uncounted lives and damages each year, and terrorists may enter the United States at any time. Additional Border Patrol agents are needed to achieve control in California and Texas, to stop the emerging crisis in Arizona and New Mexico, to combat smuggling along the Florida and Gulf coasts, and to shore up the severely undermanned northern border from New England and New York through the Midwest to Washington state. All this territory is presently covered by only 8,000 Border Patrol agents, a force less than half the size of the Chicago Police Department.

"Experts within your own administration, such as drug czar Barry McCaffrey, and in
    academia estimate that at least 20,000 Border Patrol agents are needed to control drug smuggling, alien smuggling, and terrorism. Yet there is no indication that your border strategy recognizes the emergency situation caused by low Border Patrol recruitment and high attrition or is animated by any sense of urgency. The past three months have seen significant deterioration, not improvement, in border security."

February 17, 1999: Despite record apprehension levels and many months of Congressman Hunter calling for hundreds of new Border Patrol agents for Imperial County, the INS announces it will only send 78 agents to the area. There are now approximately 400 Border Patrol agents in Imperial County. As Congressman Hunter has stressed to the INS, the County is second in total apprehensions of illegal immigrants but second to last in border enforcement resources.

February 1, 1999: President Clinton’s $1.77 trillion budget released today proposes hiring no new Border Patrol agents next year. Despite a funding level of $4.2 billion in Fiscal Year 2000 for the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) alone, the President’s budget ignores a Congressional mandate for 1,000 new agents next year. Legislation authored by Congressman Hunter in 1996 funded 1,000 new Border Patrol agents per year through the year 2001. “We need to be doing all we can to stop drug smuggling and illegal immigration,â€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Catslave
    Quote Originally Posted by corhanem
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    This President is destroying this country as fast as he can and somehow yet somehow some believe he is fighting in Iraq to save it? That makes no sense.

Agreed. I felt this way since the 2000 election. Why would people (assuming sound mind) put a person into the highest office in the land, who had a history of destroying everything he touches? For example, please research his two failed oil companies -- both run straight into the ground in a very short time! While you're at it, look into his SEC investigation.

I would not ask a homeless person the best way to handle finances, and you should not ask a person with a barely-double-digit IQ who can't even handle simple business transactions to figure out how to fix a nation.
    Well, speaking for myself, my family and all my friends.....we were less
    afraid of Bush than Kerry or Gore. We all wonder now if things could have
    been any worse with one of those other characters!
    catslave, I completely agree with you there! I voted, as I always do, for the person best-suited for the job at the time. For me, that man in 2000 and 2004 was Ralph Nader. Imagine what this country would be if HE had won!
    Proud wife of an undocumented ICE agent.
    Definition of a RACIST according to Madeline Cosman : Real American Committed to Integrity Sovereignty and Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    The time will come when all the Ron Paul supporters have to
    make a choice

If its the wrong choice we may well end up with Hillary

I agree!
    Ron Paul is the only candidate who can beat Hillary. And I worry more about Obama.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Re: To people who got upset about Tancredo's endorsement

Quote Originally Posted by Martha
    I like Ron Paul on immigration, but internationally he spells disaster. I resent his thinking we brought 911 on ourselves.
    1. "internationally he spells disaster"
    This is not true. Ron Paul's foreign policy would only help us. For RP it always comes back to the money. Even if you agree with the Iraq War, we can't afford it. Have you looked at the value of the dollar recently?
    http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/conve ... amt=1&t=5y

We are on par or lower against the CAD! This is because we are and have been spending buckets of cash in Iraq.
    He wants to end all foreign aid to all countries. Why are MY tax dollars being sent overseas? If I want to send my money to other countries that should be my choice.

Why are we spending money defending Europe? They have money, let them defend themselves. Have you looked at the value of the dollar vs. the euro recently?
    Let them defend themselves.

Why are we spending money defending Japan? They have money, let them defend themselves. Have you looked at the value of the dollar vs. the yen recently?

Or how about against the ruble?

And finally, the worlds most non-interventionalist country, the dollar vs. the swiss franc

If you look at those charts you will notice 1 trend. The dollar is collapsing. This is because we are living beyond our means. Our current foreign policy is a big factor and one of the easiest ways to cut back. I for one would rather us close our bases abroad, and better protect our borders. Why have we closed bases at home and not abroad?

2. "I resent his thinking we brought 911 on ourselves."
    Don't let the spin fool you. And don't ignore the motivating factors. He does not blame America, he blames American policy. Right or Wrong, invited or uninvited; the people in other countries will always resent having foreign countries occupying their land with its military. I know I would. Would you not resent it if a foreign country had bases here in the U.S.?

and the 9/11 Commission all 'Anti-American', too??
    I don't know who Wolfwitz is, the CIA has a number of agents very much against Bush and leak information to the press at every opportunity, 911 commission - didn't read their report.
    I going to stay in denial if that's how you want to put it.[/quote]

I took me a long time to wake up. I tuned out the nay-sayers for a long time. But the "they attacked us here because we are over there" scenario is the only one that makes absolute sense. If you love America, you should read everything you can so you can make an educated vote. You have nothing to lose.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTC
    If you love America, you should read everything you can so you can make an educated vote. You have nothing to lose.
    And everything to gain...

I don't know who Wolfwitz is, the CIA has a number of agents very much against Bush and leak information to the press at every opportunity, 911 commission - didn't read their report.
    I going to stay in denial if that's how you want to put it.
    Paul Wolfowitz:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Wolfowitz
    "he was "a major architect of President Bush's Iraq policy and, within the Administration, its most passionate and compelling advocate"

"During the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush, from 2000 to 2007, many of the ideas outlined in Wolfowitz's initial plan re-emerged as what is called the Bush Doctrine."

Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, Vanity Fair, May 2003
    "One of the greatest dangers for Americans in deciding how to confront the Islamist threat lies in continuing to believe — at the urging of senior U.S. leaders — that Muslims hate and attack us for what we are and think, rather than for what we do. The Islamic world is not so offended by our democratic system of politics, guarantees of personal rights and civil liberties, and separation of church and state that it is willing to wagewar against overwhelming odds in order to stop Americans from voting,speaking freely, and praying, or not, as they wish."

Re: Huckabee & Gilchrist

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorKylNoMas
    Tancredo's endorsement of Romney does deflect somewhat from the Huckabee/Gilchrist farce. Also, the fact that Huckabee doesn't really have a theology degree has been revealed in NH this week. Guess he didn't think that anyone would question it?
    Do you have the link for this article......I want to post it on a few other sites.
    I found this on Huckabee's theology degree, or lack of it, hope this helps you.
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=59222
    Thanks for the link Martha. I couldn't remember where I heard it.

The last paragraph is what bothers me.

Huckabee responded to a question to the candidates about their belief in the Bible: "Sure. I believe the Bible is exactly what it is. It's the word of revelation to us from God himself. ... And as the only person here on the stage with a theology degree, there are parts of it I don't fully comprehend and understand, because the Bible is a revelation of an infinite god, and no finite person is ever going to fully understand it. If they do, their god is too small."

I know two Presidents of theological schools. One is at Dallas Theological School and another at the Master's College plus a head of department in apologetics at Biola Bible college. All would disagree strongly with this statement. Especially, Dr. John MacArthur of Master's. When we found his stance on illegal immigration, it gave me pause to his claims. This before mentioned gentlemen would admonition him about "obeying the laws of the land" and giving him Biblical references to him concerning it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    pisto - I am just curious. What are those policies that will not keep the USA safe? Not trolling or anything.
    v

I'd like to know also.

usanevada You know the time may come when we have to make a choice - but I don't think that choice will be Romney, for me.

I will probably sit this one out if that is the choice or write in. Yes, sitting it out is not the best answer - but I can't in good conscience vote for someone I feel will simply continue the destruction of this country.

Right now, I feel if Romney gets the nod to carry the Rep side banner, then it is a choice being made for us - not by us, and either way the globalist, one worlders will have their person in the WH - no matter who gets elected.

That's the way it has been for quite a few elections now. I had so desparately hoped for a clear choice.
    If you decide to sit this one out, people like you are what the vulture democrats are hoping for. In case you forgot, first and foremost it's red against blue.
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast