Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Just to note, when I referred to political hack earlier, I was thinking of McCain not Paul who, even though I don't think he will elected prez, seems like a good, decent person.
    That's just it, Populist. Good, decent people are not going to be President of the United States. There are too many self-serving interests who stand to lose too much to ever let that happen.

Personally, outside of Paul and Hunter, I think all the candidates are despicable. They're all liars, panderers and political prostitutes.

And that includes Romney.
    I disagree. Romney is far from "despicable" and this is just a silly way to describe him. He's good family man, highly intelligent (JD/MBA from Harvard) but I'm not going to list his resume.
    Okay...maybe "despicable" is a bit harsh. But certainly he's an opportunist who sees a chance to win the anti-illegal immigration vote. But how sincere is he? His record on voting against pro-illegal immigration legislation isn't as bad as, say, McCain's, but it's not that great either.
    Where are you getting this??? He has voted on everything anti-illegal----his Massachusetts record proves this!!
    Well, for starters...how about the fact that Romney employed illegals?
    http://thinkprogress.org/2006/12/01/...l-immigration/
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Banned
    Just to note, when I referred to political hack earlier, I was thinking of McCain not Paul who, even though I don't think he will elected prez, seems like a good, decent person.
    That's just it, Populist. Good, decent people are not going to be President of the United States. There are too many self-serving interests who stand to lose too much to ever let that happen.

Personally, outside of Paul and Hunter, I think all the candidates are despicable. They're all liars, panderers and political prostitutes.

I disagree. Romney is far from "despicable" and this is just a silly way to describe him. He's good family man, highly intelligent (JD/MBA from Harvard) but I'm not going to list his resume.
    Okay...maybe "despicable" is a bit harsh. But certainly he's an opportunist who sees a chance to win the anti-illegal immigration vote. But how sincere is he? His record on voting against pro-illegal immigration legislation isn't as bad as, say, McCain's, but it's not that great either.
    I don't understand how you can say this unless you really havn't looked at his record

He has opposed illegal immigration going back years

Banned
    [quote=americangirl]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Populist":6qltt2yq

Where are you getting this??? He has voted on everything anti-illegal----his Massachusetts record proves this!!
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/art..._for_governor/[/quote:6qltt2yq]

He did not employ illegals , He hired a landscape company that employed them ,

How exactly was he suppose to "root" out the fact the employees were legal or illegal?
    Thats part of the problem he wants to fix

usanevada...I've been reading a lot about Romney lately. And I simply don't trust him.

I think it's a fact that he employed illegals.

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/12/01/...l-immigration/
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

[quote=usanevada][quote=americangirl]
    Quote Originally Posted by "americangirl":2zp7dgxd
    Quote Originally Posted by "Populist":2zp7dgxd

http://www.boston.com/news/local/art..._for_governor/[/quote:2zp7dgxd]

He did not employ illegals , He hired a landscape company that employed them ,

How exactly was he suppose to "root" out the fact the employees were legal or illegal?
    Thats part of the problem he wants to fix[/quote:2zp7dgxd]
    Oh come on usanevada...anybody as smart as Romney knows an illegal alien landscaper when he sees one. That "I didn't know" just doesn't fly with me. No way.

Banned
    HE DID NOT EMPLOYEE THEM

HE HIRED A LANDSCAPE COMPANY THAT DID EMPLOYEE THEM

If he questioned the workers legality himself he would
    have been open to huge discrimination lawsuits

The bottom line here is that posters whose candidate is still in the race are going to stick with him.

When your candidate pulls the rug out from under you - like all of us Tancredo supporters - then you'll have to make that difficult decision of who to transfer your allegiance to.

Believe me, it was heartbreaking to have to remove my screensaver that was a banner TANCREDO FOR PRESIDENT, but I had to move on. The time is drawing near when a few of you will experience the same emotional meltdown and when you're out there looking at who's Plan B - then we recent Romney converts are presenting a very viable candidate and perhaps you'll take a look at him in a different light - just as we did -when that time comes.

There isn’t a soul anywhere who didn’t have to compromise ones convections at some point in life in order to achieve their main goal! As long as they don’t hurt others in doing do so, what’s the problem.

If there is someone who never had to bend a little, please come forward, I always wanted to meet Jesus Christ!
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Banned
    First off, I believe that IF Paul were elected, it would send the shock wave from HELL through Capitol Hill, and ALL those scheming scumbags would start looking for ways to curry favor in order to save their own asses. I think you would see a coalition of Conservative Democrats and non-neocon Republicans come together somewhere in the vast unrepresented middle in order to get things done.

I think the immigration things will probably be the EASIEST to pass because there's an 80% of the electorate that WANTS it.

I haven't thought too much about the troops other than to get them out of harm's way, I'm sure we could use about 100,000 of them on the borders for a couple of years until the fences are completed. We would probably have to re-open a few bases that have been closed which would stimulate those local economies. I really don't see much downside to that action at all.

Whether or not the surge is working, and there is some debate about that, a lot of the decrease in violence has come from the south where the Brits have pulled out, I'm sure that as an ex-military man Ron Paul would listen to his Generals, unlike our current President who changes them when they tell him something he doesn't want to hear.

On schools, I think his biggest push initially will be to take the unfunded Federal mandates off the backs of the local schools and return their control to the local and state level. Eliminating the massive bureaucracy of the Dept. of Education will save billions of dollars that can be used to address some of the problems you've mentioned. Ron Paul is NOT against public schools, all of his children went to them. He's against Federal interference in public schools, which would be a Godsend for ALL of them.

I don't really have an answer for you on your mother's retirement check. I know that Ron Paul wants to get the government out of the retirement business because they screwed it up so bad, but he doesn't want to pull the rug out from under people who are dependent upon Social Security. He would make sure that current obligations are paid while moving to a private retirement system for future retirees.

I think the MSM will find that the 'pooh-poohing' will backfire on them as some of the anti-trust laws that have been ignored or altered are reverted back to rid us of these mega-conglomerate, Rupert Murdoch-Kingmaker type operations. The press these days has WAY TOO MUCH CONTROL over what we are ALLOWED to know.

I think if everybody that liked Ron Paul VOTED for Ron Paul he'd win in a landslide, which is why the media is spending so much time, money and effort trying to convince people who like him NOT to vote for him.

More on Romney and his "anti-illegal immigration" stance.

http://www.factcheck.org/tough_guy_on_immigration.html

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast