Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Just to note, when I referred to political hack earlier, I was thinking of McCain not Paul who, even though I don't think he will elected prez, seems like a good, decent person.
    That's just it, Populist. Good, decent people are not going to be President of the United States. There are too many self-serving interests who stand to lose too much to ever let that happen.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Just to note, when I referred to political hack earlier, I was thinking of McCain not Paul who, even though I don't think he will elected prez, seems like a good, decent person.
    That's just it, Populist. Good, decent people are not going to be President of the United States. There are too many self-serving interests who stand to lose too much to ever let that happen.

Personally, outside of Paul and Hunter, I think all the candidates are despicable. Theyre all liars, panderers and political prostitutes.

And that includes Romney.
    I don't agree , but thats JMO

Personally, outside of Paul and Hunter, I think all the candidates are despicable. Theyre all liars, panderers and political prostitutes.

Well, I hope that you will like McCain, Guliani, Huckabee, Hillary, or Obama----because that is who we are going to get stuck with.

If Romney does not win------Paul or Hunter will still not be elected!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824

Well, I hope that you will like McCain, Guliani, Huckabee, Hillary, or Obama----because that is who we are going to get stuck with.

Bren4824....I UNDERSTAND this. However, I don't think Romney is any better than McCain or Hillary or Obama, etc.

Look, he's thrown us a few crumbs; he's given us a glimmer of hope in his seemingly anti-illegal immigration turnaround. But I DO NOT TRUST HIM. So I don't see him as any better a choice than the others.

I think anti-illegal immigration advocates need to be careful...we're all vulnerable right now, and Romney sees an opportunity to get our vote, and he's pandering to us. But I believe it's disengenuous. And I'm not going to fall for it.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Bren,

Your personal attacks are really starting to get tiresome. You continually insult other poster's intelligence with comments like 'living in a dream world' and I'm surprised the moderators haven't dinged you for it yet.

Additionally, what makes you think that 'radio personalities' are any more qualified to pick a candidate than ANY OTHER CITIZEN??? Stop insulting MY intelligence with your prattling BS.

ymeoru,

What do you want Ron Paul to talk about? What issue do you have that he hasn't addressed? What issues do you have a disagreement with him on??
    That's the odd thing. I agree with Ron Paul on so many things.

1) How can Ron Paul work with democrats and republicans to make changes that would benefit us. He doesn't seem to be supported by anyone currently in office. No, I don't trust them, either. Would we get a new kind of gridlock? We will want bills passed.

Would it be Democrats versus Republicans versus Ron Paul.

Could he get any of his immigration policies actually passed? Considering our current crop of senators - how many of them have been willing to speak his name, much less endorse him.

2) Let's say we brought all troops home from all locations. Can he think of any reasons why this may be problematic or would it matter if it caused problems? Can he think of a problem from more than just his own view point. And, I actually would love to bring every troop home from every location. But, I need to know that my president has considered the disadvantages of something EVEN I WANT, and weighed the pros and cons.

3) What if his military leadership disagreed with him? He said on the last debate that I watched that he would listen to his military leadership. The current military leadership thinks that the surge is working and that we should stay in Iraq. Is this example of him not listening to the military leadership?

4) Ron Paul encourages ending the federal education monopoly. So, do I. He supports private school tax credits and homeschooling. So, do I. Unfortunately, both my husband and I work. So, we can't homeschool. In the area I live in - private schools aren't for "everyone". They're rather race specific. So, my kids would be left out in the cold on that deal. Would he consider a voucher system. Where my child can go to another better performing, public school? Or is he somewhat anti public school altogether? I would understand why he would be, but that's the only option that would be available to my children.

5) My mother's retirement check is eaten up each month by her insurance premium. Her check remains the same, but her insurance premium increases. Does Ron Paul have a suggestion for my mother? She worked 30 years. She actually still works - but now - she works to pay to supplement her retirement check. Her premium is horrible.

It's become popular for the mainstream media to "poo poo" him in a sense. They don't take him seriously. That would be downright dangerous for our country. And, they've proved since George Bush - the time of actually respecting a president (even a questionable one) is over. Would we have to suffer their disdain for Ron Paul (and its evident) for 4 years.

To win the white house -the next candidate republican and democrat will have to pull both republicans, democrats, and independents. That's not happening for him right now.

Do we see an Obama versus Paul resulting in a Paul victory? Maybe he could pull one off against Clinton. She's disliked by so many.

Stuck with them...

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824

Man, I don't want to be stuck...this is such a depressing thought.

Personally, outside of Paul and Hunter, I think all the candidates are despicable. They're all liars, panderers and political prostitutes.

I disagree. Romney is far from "despicable" and this is just a silly way to describe him. He's good family man, highly intelligent (JD/MBA from Harvard) but I'm not going to list his resume.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Personally, outside of Paul and Hunter, I think all the candidates are despicable. They're all liars, panderers and political prostitutes.

I disagree. Romney is far from "despicable" and this is just a silly way to describe him. He's good family man, highly intelligent (JD/MBA from Harvard) but I'm not going to list his resume.
    And VERY successful-----with a brilliant business/finance/economic mind!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Okay...maybe "despicable" is a bit harsh. But certainly he's an opportunist who sees a chance to win the anti-illegal immigration vote. But how sincere is he? His record on voting against pro-illegal immigration legislation isn't as bad as, say, McCain's, but it's not that great either.

Okay...maybe "despicable" is a bit harsh. But certainly he's an opportunist who sees a chance to win the anti-illegal immigration vote. But how sincere is he? His record on voting against pro-illegal immigration legislation isn't as bad as, say, McCain's, but it's not that great either.
    Where are you getting this??? He has voted on everything anti-illegal----his Massachusetts record proves this!!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast