Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Maybe we can find a football star to get behind the trend. To state the topic of poor people flocking to Europe I wonder if they were smart enough to buy a one-way ticket. Then if they over stay their visa Europe would have to deport them. Free ticket home right. I mean we take them home here in the USA. Sometimes they beat the bus back but we take them back on the tax payer’s dime. It would be funny. 100,000 poor people flock to Europe with one way tickets only to make Europeans pay to get rid of them.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Americans for Legal Immigration taking on soccer hooligans? I dunno. I think we should stick with illegal immigration.

Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Soccer has convinced me we are behind the rest of the world.

http://www.forbes.com/entrepreneurs/fee ... 37775.html

Police Arrest 122 English Soccer Fans
    06.24.2006, 08:48 AM

German police arrested 122 English fans who had been throwing bottles and glasses at passers-by from a pub terrace early Saturday.

Arriving officers also became targets of what they described as drunken fans in town for their team's World Cup second-round match against Ecuador on Sunday. Eventually the disturbance involved about 200 police, including British officers who helped calm their compatriots.

No one was injured, according to police spokesman Stefan Keilbach, who said police intend to hold the fans until Monday.

"English fans were shown by this action that aggressive drinking, violence and mobbing will be prevented," Stuttgart police chief Michael Kuehner said in a statement.

About 50,000 England fans are expected in Stuttgart for the match. They will be greeted with a heavy police presence - about 1,800 officers on patrol along with British police.

Stephen Thomas, an assistant chief constable from Manchester and part of the British contingent, said Friday he was optimistic that there would be no major fan violence.

"You will not see any English hooligans here in Stuttgart - what you will see is English drunks," he said. "I apologize now for that, but it is very good for the economy."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/s ... tes24.html

World Cup Notes: Fans protest hate in soccer
    By The Associated Press

DACHAU, Germany — With the Dachau concentration camp as their backdrop, soccer fans on Friday warned of the danger hate poses to the sport.

Around 120 of them used both the World Cup and the bleak surroundings to protest anti-Semitism and hooliganism.

"Sometimes the England fans and German fans hate each other. Hating thy neighbor can lead to this," said Mark Perryman of England Fans, an organizer of the event along with Jewish athletics group Maccabi Great Britain.

Dachau, the first camp erected by the Nazis, is 12 miles from Munich's World Cup stadium, where Germany plays Sweden today.

The English fans were hopeful a so-far peaceful 2006 World Cup signals the waning of violence and hooliganism at soccer's showcase tournament.

"The sane have finally got the World Cup back," said Ian Lewis.

So far, fans from competing nations have been far more likely to get along than clash. If it continues, this World Cup would be the third straight major international soccer tournament involving European nations bereft of major violence.

Notes

• The United States' 2-1 loss to Ghana, which knocked the Americans out of the World Cup, was the fifth highest-rated soccer game ever on ESPN.

The network got a 3.2 rating for Thursday's game, which was watched in an estimated 2.9 million homes. The most-viewed game in ESPN history was the U.S.-Germany quarterfinal in the 2002 World Cup, which had a 4.4 rating and was watched in about 3.8 million homes.

Through Thursday, ESPN is averaging a 1.5 rating, up 150 percent from an 0.6 average in 2002, when the tournament was played in South Korea and Japan and most of the games were on television in the United States in the middle of the night or the early morning. ESPN2 is averaging a 1.0 rating through 28 games, 67 percent higher than the 0.6 in 2002.

Through two weekends of play, ABC is averaging a 2.5 rating, up 89 percent from 2002.

• FIFA will consider paying compensation to Michael Owen, even if the injury to the England striker was not the sort of case it had mind when creating an insurance fund for the World Cup.

The Newcastle United forward ruptured knee ligaments in England's 2-2 draw with Sweden and is expected to be sidelined for the rest of the year. Newcastle is investigating if the club can be compensated for Owen's weekly salary and any potential transfer opportunity that has been scuttled.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter said the intention of the insurance fund was that it would be a safety net for teams that lacked the resources to properly insure their players while on national duty.

• Mexican forward Jared Borgetti has been cleared to play today against Argentina, after missing the last two games with a torn thigh muscle.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

When I lived in San Diego and the Raiders were in Los Angeles I would not go to games in our stadium. The Raiders fans were thugs from the Barrio and they would have to stop selling beer after the first quarter because they would assault opposing fans. A couple of Mexicans possibly illegals punched a woman in her 70's at one game. I don't think too many Gringos in L.A. were sorry to see the Raiders go back to Oakland.

Mexico lost to Argentine 2-1 and I was glad. When our US national team has gone to Mexico City for Concacaf play, the Mexican fans, some, too many, but not all, treat our team like crap. Shouting vile crap in reference to 9-11.

Then, when the US team plays Mexico here in a place like Los Angeles, you have these immigrants, some, too many, but not all, doing the same thing against our US national team.

If Mexico is such a wonderful place why do you have to leave your town, village and or state to get a job or an education for your kids? Then you cheer a national team that really is not yours since you cannot live there?

Arrogance and ignorance. Mostly ignorance. So proud to be Mexican but you cannot live there.

Yes, I love to see Mexico's soccer team get beat! I love the way Mexico, a nation of 100 million people, can never win a gold medal at the Olympics. About the only thing Mexico can do right is send it's people out of the country.
    The Democrats want to give the country away and the Republicans want to sell it?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234