Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I want to be able to vote in the primaries....so I will leave my voter registration as is with the GOP

Re: Quitting The Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust
    I no longer want to be affiliated with the republican party, I am changing to the independent party.
    Thats what I intend to do. But, I dont think the state of MD allows Independent or Constitution parties. I've checked, but as usual, they have a person who cant understand english, so I will have to go to DMV. The problem with that is ALL THEIR LINES ARE WRAPPED AROUND THE BLDG FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS GETTING LISCENSES.

Not sure about the Constitution Party but I have been an Independent in MD since 1979. My reason for being an Independent doesn't have to do with any platform (when I regged, Independent meant you did not have any party affiliation), it had to do with me voting for the candidate not any party.

I've had it with the Republican Party. I am totally amazed with this president, what could he possibly be thinking??? Or what I mean what is Rove thinking.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Paying the Price

I am a member of the Rep Party because they believe and promote 75-85% of my beliefs. I am also trying to wade through this without my emotions driving the decisions I make. Emotional decisions are usually not the best for me.

My biggest concern is this. Illegal Immigration could be the death of The United States as we know it. I think we could survive a solid majority of Dem's everywhere but I don't think we can survive the results of what our leaders are doing and have done to get us in this shape.

11-20 million here. We really don't know.

100 million to come as extended family. We really don't know.

Slave Labor forcing wages going down. Most people will do the work but not at a slave rate.

Diseases we have had under control are all coming back and some you don't want to even learn about.

No assimilation

Culture Clash-I have a neighbor suspected of eating another neighbors dog.

Culture Clash-The neighbor whose children run around in pampers in the street and open crap in their front yard.

Culture Clash-South of the border an underhanded life is normal. It is just the way you do things their.

American Companies that have been taught by our politicians Rep's and Dem's that it is okay to not follow the law.

Banks with illegal loans to illegal immigrants is already a felony.

Food Handling Companies that don't know who is handling the food. Pork Tape Worm, New TB, Smallpox etc. and our government is worried bird flu. Give me a break.

If we make them all legal does that include all the terrorist that are in our country illegally or is this just for the privilege from south of the border?

Illegal Immigrants in our Military.

Illegal Immigrants gang members in our Military. Gosh we must be stupid or gullible.

Sounds like Mexico. I don't want to live in Mexico.

I want some butt on this one. More accurately I want some traitor's butt on this one.

I have your back, but I think we are outnumbered.

Trouble@PleaseMoveOn.Com

TROUBLE........NO, we're NOT outnumbered!

Please don't believe their lies. They're trying their darndest to wear us down and throw up a smoke screen.

American people are standing up every day and digging in their heels on this.
    We've become more united than we've been in a long time.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Paying the Price

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble

Sounds like Mexico. I don't want to live in Mexico.
    Even Mexicans don't want to live there.

Why do you think we have this problem?
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

As Jay Leno so astutely said:

"why can't we deport them...........Mexico did"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    As Jay Leno so astutely said:

"why can't we deport them...........Mexico did"
    Yeah, I loved that joke.

Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

CrocketsGhost, I am with you all the way about the republican vs the democrats. both my republican Senators are against amnesty and guest worker and it was my senator Inhofe who introduced the amendment on the floor to make English our national language. It was the Democrats man Harry Reid who got up there and made a total fool of himself by saying that was a racist thing to make English the language, what an Idiot, I will stand behind my republican senators! It is to late now to make a difference by changing parties before the elections in Nov after that who knows, If we could get a 3rd party going that would have a chance and make a difference in our fight It wouldn't bother me to change then, I would though like to see the democrats here, pounce their Senators as they really seem to want to pounce on our republican ones!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Will Ralph run in '08?

Ralph Nader's website needs to be updated.
    http://www.votenader.org/issues/index.php?cid=33

Quote Originally Posted by votenader.org
    Part of the problem involves NAFTA. For example, the flood of cheap corn and other commodities into Mexico has dispossessed over a million Mexican farmers, and with their families, they either go to the urban slums or, in their desperation, head north.

The United States should not be in the business of Brain Draining skilled talent, especially from developing countries. We are importing the best engineers, scientists, software people, doctors, entrepreneurs who should be in their countries, building their own countries. The long term solution to immigration is reducing the rich poor divide between the United States and other nations by peacefully supporting democratic movements.

In addition to this being a long-standing brain drain of developing countries, often it undermines employment in the U.S. We have got many unemployed software people here. Regarding manual labor, the Wall Street Journal editors are for near open-borders policy in large part because they want a cheap wage policy. Bringing in cheap labor to the United States reduces wages here – immigration increases the supply of U.S. labor, reduces wages and makes jobs more scarce especially for people at the bottom of the labor market – immigrants are 60 percent more likely to be employed in low-skilled occupations than are native-born workers. When the average American wage exceeds the average Mexican wage by more than a factor of ten, even the most menial American job can be a strong reason to emigrate. In addition to driving down wages, immigration adds to the expansion of poverty in the U.S. The gap between the immigrant and native poverty rates is widening – with poverty among immigrants tripling between 1979 and 1997. If there were a living wage than many of the 15 million unemployed, underemployed and those who have given up looking for employment would be willing to take the jobs that are now often only taken by immigrants. There are two ways to deal with these issues. First, raise the minimum wage to the purchasing power level of 1968 $8 per hour and then, in another two years, raise it to $10 an hour. Since 1968 the U.S. economy has doubled in production per capita. We need to ensure a living wage in the United States for full-time workers and their families. Currently, 47 million full-time workers work for less than a living wage.

Second, we need to enforce the law against employers. It is hard to blame desperately poor people who want to feed their families and are willing to work hard to do so. You have to start with Washington and Wall Street. Enforcement is nearly non-existent – so much so that it has become a conscious policy to ignore both the labor and immigration laws by successive Republican and Democratic Administrations, including not enforcing laws against cruel sweatshops in the United States from New York City to Los Angeles. Such is the power of employers.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast