Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thanks W. for putting us back on the issue

Welcome home W.....

John and I have tried to re-focus the folks here to let them know that this forum is for specific goal....Pro-Immigration...and anti illegal immigration...

Enough said...let's get back to working toward changing the "foundation" the election coming in November...there was a list of seats that are up for re-election...

Start by electing those candidates that will change the state's view on immigration then move up to the federal level...We will all get our day in 2008 when a republican candidate that stands in the same light as Bush will not even get passed the primaries....we can then elect a new president that will enforce immigration laws....change the "loop holes" in the current laws, and on this day of rememberance of 9/11, realize that there is a tremendous connection between illegal immigrants and terrorism....they both go hand and hand...

As for some feed back to my comments about presenting legal bases to impeach the president....Legal is Political....there has to be legal justification that is within the Constitution (legal and political document) that a president should be impeached....

W....I know your strong political background....am I wrong???

Nanc

dxd
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    It now looks even more that the impeachment of Bush is THE BEST way to proceed. We can fight illegal immigration all we want, but even if we make a lot of progress there, it's BUSH who can further weaken our country's sovereignty with just a signature.
    You are welcome to that opinion, but I have to ask that you fine folks carry this effort on somewhere else.

Right now we need all the help we can get here at ALIPAC to focus on the towns and cities, the Lock the Vote campaign, the elections and candidates etc...

What you are organizing is divisive for our base and we need as many people in our base working side by side as a unified group right now.

There will be no call for impeachment of Bush between now and the elections and energies directed on such a project will send many candidates distancing themselves.

Please wrap this conversation up so it no longer proves a distraction for me and others. There is much work to be done today building up our boycott and building up our coalition.

W

The reason I joined ALIPAC is because you sent me an e-mail about impeachment. If discussion about impeachment is not allowed please terminate my membership immediately and take me off your e-mail lists.
    If any further action on my part is required to terminate my membership and be removed from your e-mail list please advise me and I will fulfill that obligation.

FOCUS FOLKS!!!

Okay guys and gals....remember Immigration is our focus!!! Thank you

dxd....No matter what opinions of the president we have I personally support George W. on many policies but totally disgusted with his policy on immigration....of course immigration is not a policy he cares to be a part of...so we elect a president in 2008 that will stand for enforcing the borders and deportation if possible...

Nevertheless, on today of days 9/11...when I watch the President give speeches about the events from 5 years ago...I bless the Lord above that John Kerry did not make it to office...I can truly say that in the first time of my life when I DO watch the president, I am filled with patriotism and pride to be an American....I never could say that with Clinton....as a matter of fact, when Clinton was in office, I was ashamed and disgusted to be an American....I am so happy that now....I am Proud to be an American....now let's TAKE BACK OUR COUNTRY and kick these invaders out!!!

Dxd,

You received an email because you signed up on our e-mail alerts list.

The e-mail was for you to vote in our survey which I am assuming you did.

The survey results show there is not enough support within our organization to call for the impeachment of the President.

You had your say in the matter but things did not go your way.

If you find it too difficult to work with others that do not agree with you 100% then that is unfortunate.

We have someone else that is leaving too because they don't like your position dxd.

I wish you both lots of luck with your future endeavors and I sincerely hope that others will not chose to stand down or leave ALIPAC when the supporter base is split on an issue.

We are unifying people on the issues where we do agree.

In fact, we have just made US History with our coalition effort.

Our progress with unity far outweighs a few members of the Discussion Groups leaving because they disagree with each other.

The illegal groups have shown they can get past these kinds of disagreements and form broad coalitions.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It now looks even more that the impeachment of Bush is THE BEST way to proceed. We can fight illegal immigration all we want, but even if we make a lot of progress there, it's BUSH who can further weaken our country's sovereignty with just a signature.
    You are welcome to that opinion, but I have to ask that you fine folks carry this effort on somewhere else.

Right now we need all the help we can get here at ALIPAC to focus on the towns and cities, the Lock the Vote campaign, the elections and candidates etc...

What you are organizing is divisive for our base and we need as many people in our base working side by side as a unified group right now.

There will be no call for impeachment of Bush between now and the elections and energies directed on such a project will send many candidates distancing themselves.

Please wrap this conversation up so it no longer proves a distraction for me and others. There is much work to be done today building up our boycott and building up our coalition.

W
    Well I'm a bit disappointed that we can't discuss impeachment here, especially since the survey showed that 58% of Alipac members support it and another 33% think that Bush is doing terrible job, but I respect your new rule and will try not to break it.
    So if I understand this correctly, those who still wish to discuss it should do it elsewhere and not in this forum. They can PM me to talk about it, and I won't mention it here again.

socal,

We have discussed it and lost at least two supporters over the discussion.

One left because we won't all call for impeachment. The other left because of his calls for impeachment.

What else would you like to discuss about it?

I think a better discussion is how this movement is weakened by people that cannot work as an organized team under a banner if they can't have everything their way.

Let's do. Let's talk about how some of you want to impeach and how some of you don't. It's not like we have not discussed this many times on this board.

Let's invest a lot more of our time into the round and round discussion about it instead of focusing on things that make an impact.

Let's see how many more supporters we can blow off the boards doing it.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I vote that we talk about Deportation of illegal aliens.

socal,

We have discussed it and lost at least two supporters over the discussion.

One left because we won't all call for impeachment. The other left because of his calls for impeachment.

What else would you like to discuss about it?

I think a better discussion is how this movement is weakened by people that cannot work as an organized team under a banner if they can't have everything their way.

Let's do. Let's talk about how some of you want to impeach and how some of you don't. It's not like we have not discussed this many times on this board.

Let's invest a lot more of our time into the round and round discussion about it instead of focusing on things that make an impact.

Let's see how many more supporters we can blow off the boards doing it.

W
    W,
    it's your forum so you make the rules, and I respect that. It's just that it'll make you look bad for banning discussing something that 58% of members here support. Worrying about losing 2 members seems unproductive to me, since most leaders follow the will of majority. If I were you, I'd make one forum here dedicated to impeachment only.

There would be no discussion about it, just people who want to impeach Bush networking with each other. Some people get more excited about promoting Miller boycott, some about promoting impeachment of Bush. Why not let them choose which they'll support at the moment, instead of micro-managing everything? Of course, you'd need to put someone in charge of that sub-group and allow them to raise money if they were to be effective.

Of course you don't have to do that, but that could make some members unhappy and looking for a Bush impeachment group elsewhere.

I am not banning discussion of impeachment of Bush.

The discussion of the impeachment of Bush has been discussed so often on this site that it is old hat.

If you want to discuss it as an individual then fine. Discussing building a new group here from ALIPAC supporters to do it is another matter all together.

The organization has engaged in the full process of discussing this issue and weighing were our supporters are at and considering the best strategies.

Those decisions have been made and less than 60 days before an election where we have to save the country is NOT the time to rehash it.

What I am asking you and others to do is to focus where we need to focus, get over your differences and work together as a team NOW while you still have a chance.

If we do not make gains in less than 60 days then it is OVER. I repeat OVER.

This discussion has cost us supporters, time from other activists serving as moderators and time from my projects as well.

So go ahead and discuss it till you are blue. There is no BAN on the topic.

What is going on is an obvious appeal for you and others to get with the ALIPAC program instead of everyone running in different directions like chickens with their heads cut off.

W

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    I vote that we talk about Deportation of illegal aliens.
    Me too I agree with Legal. There are plenty of other sites that want to waste there time trying to impeach a setting president when there is a republican majority in both seats. You might say “that dog won't hunt” unless you end up with a democrat majority after the election. Then you may stand a chance. Until then it will not happen as it would be political suicide for any Republican that voted for it.

Let’s just focus on Deportation of illegal's, that’s a big enough job.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast