Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by Crikey
    Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    crikey wrote.

Quite untrue.. people from countries like India for instance are among the best educated and highest earning households in the US. The statement about immigrants spreading disease is flat out not true.
    You are correct. I incorrectly wrote immigrants instead of illegal immigrants and it makes big difference. That was an oversight/typing error and I thank you for pointing it out.

I believe that people that come here legally want to be part of this country, not just an appendage to it and I applaud and welcome legal immigrants.

I have several friends, that are now citizens, that have immigrated legally from India, Mexico and Greece and I have had the priviledge of attending 3 naturalization ceremonies. Not one of these friends likes the fact that people come here illegally and get away with it.
    Nobody likes illegal immigration. I was mostly reacting to statements such as "until Ted Kennedy's 1965 Immigration law that opened the floodgates to Third World immigration to the USA. For a full discussion of this massive demographic change, please read "Death of the West" by Pat Buchanan." and of course one of the replies where it was claimed that immigrants from third world countries spread diseases and so on. The problem is that often times I find that under the surface, an opposition to illegal immigration is nothing more than an opposition to all immigration from non-white countries which is unfortunate.

Otherwise let me break down some aspects of illegal immigration as I see it. Firstly there are things about some illegals that are bad. Their lack of linguistic assimilation for instance or the phenomenon of drug related crimes that is a small but disturbing part of migrants who cross over from the south of the border. All this is true, but at the same time we need to recognize that most Mexicans who migrate illegally are good people who are looking for a better life with no intent to harm Americans. The reason they migrate illegally while risking their lives is simply because (a) there are jobs attracting them here that pay better than in Mexico and (b) they have no legal options - unlike the European settlers of the 19th and 20th centuries who had very few restrictions on immigrating from Europe. Once illegals are inside the US, their options to assimilate are not going to be very many.. the fear of deportation ensures that most will never assimilate and this leads to the creation of an underground class that will very easily be exploited by ruthless employers who only want cheap labor. It is easy for an employer to pay less than minimum wage to an illegal because the illegal won't complain due to a fear of deportation. This indirectly depresses the wages of low skilled Americans or makes it hard for them to compete against illegals. So we have a vicious cycle. People get upset about illegal immigrants and demand draconian laws. This drives illegals even more underground and makes it very difficult for them to assimilate. This puts other Americans at a disadvantage and so on. So when people direct their rage at illegals, they actually make the problem worse for both the illegal and the low skilled American worker. One finds it harder to assimilate while the other can't compete for a job due to depressed wages. We are all worse off living in such a society.
    We have every right as a nation to question the 1965 Hart-Cellar Act and the rational behind it, especially since it was being pushed by a Ted Kennedy, an open-borders liberal; intent on pandering for future votes in order to keep the Kennedy dynasty alive. Ted Kennedy stood on the floor of the Senate and uttered these words in support of this destructive piece of legislation:

"First, our cities will not be flooded with a million immigrants annually. Under the proposed bill, the present level of immigration remains substantially the same.... Secondly, the ethnic mix of this country will not be upset.... Contrary to the charges in some quarters, [the bill] will not inundate America with immigrants from any one country or area, or the most populated and deprived nations of Africa and Asia.... In the final analysis, the ethnic pattern of immigration under the proposed measure is not expected to change as sharply as the critics seem to think.... It will not cause American workers to lose their jobs."

Do I need to go line by line for you and point out the glaring inaccuracies contained therein? Everything Kennedy said wouldn't happen has in fact happened! Perhaps the "critics" were right after all, because it seems as if their version of events has turned out to be more in line with reality than what Kennedy envisioned.

I live in Southern California, whereby he have entire cities, ethnic enclaves, comprised of third-world immigrants from Latin America and Asia. They do not assimilate and have essentially duplicated the same environment from which they apparently fled. These are so called "legal" immigrants mind you.

If third-world immigration was such a blessing, how come countries like Japan, China, Mexico, to name a few, open their borders to millions of poor immigrants from all over the world? How come the native born populations of Mexico are not in any danger of being replaced by massive non-Hispanic immigration? Why is it only first-world, white nations are expected to embrace this tsunami of human migration under the guise of "diversity and multiculturalism?"

Pat Buchanan has been 100% correct in his analysis of this destructive pattern, including the Hart-Cellar Act of 1965 and issues related to the changing demographics of this country.

I as an American, have every right to question the logic of allowing millions of third-world immigrants into this country who do not embrace assimilation. Let me ask you, are whites not allowed to have their own country where they are the majority? The Chinese have their own country, Mexicans have their own country, and the Japanese have their own country. I could go on, but even you get the picture I believe.

Let me be clear, I have no problems with immigration per se, so long as it's done responsibly and done in consideration for what's in the best interest of the host country. What's being done now is reckless and destructive and it should no longer be tolerated.

No country on the face of this planet would allow in so many immigrants (legal or illlegal) so as to replace the native population. But that's exactly what is happening in this country today.

We need to enforce our immigration laws for the very reasons you pointed out in your analysis. It does not matter one iota why they come here illegally. They need to stay in their own countries, in order to bring about necessary change to correct the conditions that compel millions of them to invade another country, in violation of immigration laws. As it stands, the US is the safety release valve for Mexico and the elites running that country know this.

Nothing is going to change so long as we continue down this same path of denial and appeasement for these people. Coming here illegally for a so called "better life" is no excuse.

Everyone wants a "better life," including native born Americans! We should not be expected to lower our standard of living in order to create opportunity for the entire world, especially those who come here in violation of our immigration laws.
    Fantastic and very truthful post!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory
    Nothing is going to change so long as we continue down this same path of denial and appeasement for these people. Coming here illegally for a so called "better life" is no excuse.

Everyone wants a "better life," including native born Americans! We should not be expected to lower our standard of living in order to create opportunity for the entire world, especially those who come here in violation of our immigration laws.
    He is "Golden" with the word, I myself am always impressed! See this is exactly why I chose a career that keeps everyone's books dry!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory

He is "Golden" with the word, I myself am always impressed! See this is exactly why I chose a career that keeps everyone's books dry!

Well, burglars and shoplifters also want a better life, but that does not mean we should overlook their transgressions!!!
    Hmmm. . .if*Americans are so racist, why do so many*people want to live*here??* One would think we wouild need border walls to keep them here under racist rule rather than building walls to keep them out!

Move to NEW Section for "Americans Killed by Illegals."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456