Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Blacks in Mexico...

Quote Originally Posted by Crackbone
    If two ethnic groups reside together for a substantial period of time, they will begin to blend together until they're both of some intermediate blend or until one is submerged into the other population. This is an inevitability under multiethnic conditions, and it's where the blacks of Mexico "went."
    Partially, Crackbone. I think you are seeing this through our socities eyes. However, you must remember that Mexico is much like India with that caste system stuff. I don't see the fair skinned mexicans marrying their countries version of "untouchables".
    We need to KNOW what happened. If as you said it was the natural progression of procreation, fine. I personally think it was something more ominous.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

I've heard the "inter-marriage" deal. I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!

That's a crock if I ever heard one. "Hybridization" of PEOPLE?

Give me a break. That is BUNK.

I believe the Silver Mines explanation and it is OUTRAGEOUS beyond belief that THIS never hit the PRESS OR CATHOLIC PULPIT!! These people were doomed to underground slavery, worked until they died and wiped out. THAT is an explanation I can believe.

We need an immediate international investigation of what happened to the Black Population in Mexico; why its new immigrants haven't included Blacks from other countries; why the existing Black Population hasn't reproduced and flourished like all other races on the planet; why, why why?

People who visit Mexico!! Do you ever SEE a Black Citizen of Mexico when you go there for work or tourism? Post what you know, see and hear when you are in Mexico. Provide as many details as possible.

This is urgent!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What I said was that it's an inevitability that, if ethnic groups reside together, they blend together. This is why I believe that Mexican blacks are disappearing. Mexicans blacks, because they were and are fewer, are being submerged into the more numerous mestizo and Red Indian populations.

And you'll find such "caste-systems" throughout the entire world. They're hardly peculiar to Mexico and India.

I don't see the fair skinned mexicans marrying their countries version of "untouchables". Twisted Evil
    Is the implication that if the Mexican elite don't intermarry with whomever they please, then they're terribly wicked? Why? Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy

It's biological LAW that if ethnic groups reside together, their members will eventually begin to blend with the result that I explained. Anthropologists generally assume that two ethnic groups have blended with one another to some degree if they're found to have lived together for a long period of time.

Consider the United States. In many states here, there are no American Indians at all where there once were. What happened to them? Did some die of disease? Of course, yes, some did. Some survived. What happened to them? They were assimilated into the population surrounding them. Exactly the same is happening with the remaining Red Indian population of Mexico (who are being assimilated into the mestizo population), and it's happening with the remaining blacks there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackbone
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy

It's biological LAW that if ethnic groups reside together, their members will eventually begin to blend with the result that I explained. Anthropologists generally assume that two ethnic groups have blended with one another to some degree if they're found to have lived together for a long period of time.

Consider the United States. In many states here, there are no American Indians at all where there once were. What happened to them? Did some die of disease? Of course, yes, some did. Some survived. What happened to them? They were assimilated into the population surrounding them. Exactly the same is happening with the remaining Red Indian population of Mexico (who are being assimilated into the mestizo population), and it's happening with the remaining blacks there too.
    We are not talking about a free society like America. We are talking about a repressive nation. Given your theory, the SIX MILLION Jews cremated in Germany simply followed "biological law and assimilated".
    Is that what you BELIEVE happened to the Jews? That did not happen in Germany and it did not happen in Mexico
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

HERE IS SOMETHING FROM HARVARD - GIVES SOME INFORMATION BUT NOT ENOUGH. NOTE THE "RECOMMENDATION" OF A BISHOP TO THE KING OF SPAIN TO IMPORT AFRICAN SLAVES, AND SO IT WAS.

http://www.latinola.com/story.php?story=2528

Colonial Mexico
    The influence and effects of slavery
    By John P. Schmal | Web Published 4.16.2005

Most people are not very aware of the presence of African slaves in colonial Mexico. In fact, some people believe that the influence of the African to Mexican culture was negligible at best. But the African laborer actually played an important role in the economic complexities of colonial Mexico. And, in a few parts of Mexico, the African made significant cultural contributions.

It helps for us to remember that the Spaniards brought slaves to every corner of their American empire, and Mexico is no exception to this fact. One of the most detailed works about slavery in Mexico is the noted historian Colin A. Palmer’s "Slaves of the White God: Blacks in Mexico, 1570-1650," which is quoted extensively in this article.

“The introduction of African slaves into Mexico,� explains Dr. Palmer, “was in part a response to the labor shortage stemming from the decline of the indigenous population during the sixteenth century. Spanish mistreatment of the Indians and a number of disastrous epidemics contributed to this demographic catastrophe.�

Several factors contributed to the dramatic decline of the indigenous people of Mexico. The scholars Sherburne Cook and Woodrow Borah, calculated that the Indian population of Central Mexico was 27,650,000 in 1519. This figure had fallen to 16,800,000 by 1532. There was an even more dramatic fall by 1,900,000 by 1580. And, by 1605, a mere 1,075,000 Indians survived. It is important to note, however, that there is general disagreement on these numbers among historians. Some historians have claimed that the indigenous population of Mexico in 1519 was as little as 10 million. There is, however, unanimous agreement that disease and overwork decimated a large portion of the indigenous population during the Sixteenth Century.

Why was the decline of the indigenous population so dramatic? Historians believe that disease played the central role in the depopulation of Mexico’s native population. The physical isolation of the Indians in the Americas is the primary reason for which disease caused such havoc with the native population. The physical isolation resulted in a biological isolation and a natural quarantine from the rest of the planet and from a wide assortment of communicable diseases. When smallpox first ravaged through Mexico in 1520, no Indian had immunity to the disease.

During the first century of the conquest, the Mexican Indians suffered through 19 major epidemics, the most serious of which occurred in 1520, 1548, 1576-1579, and in 1595-1956. They were exposed to smallpox, chicken pox, diphtheria, influenza, scarlet fever, measles, typhoid, mumps, influenza, and cocoliztli (a hemorrhagic disease). Although this devastation made the conquest an easier task, it also caused a labor shortage that would lead to the introduction of African slaves.

The decline heightened Indian suffering as the encomenderos competed for increasingly scarce labor power. The whip, imprisonment, torture, rape, and killing played a role in the decline. Although the Indians were exempted from taxes and tithes, they were required to pay a yearly head-tax. Both men and women were herded into mines and obrajes (textile workshops) to labor for long hours.

Sickened by the plight of the aboriginal population in the West Indies, Bishop Bartolome de las Casas, an apostle to the Indians in the Spanish New World, campaigned against the slavery of the indigenous people. In 1517, de las Casas proposed to King Charles V of Spain the slavery of the more durable Africans as a substitute. Charles agreed to this arrangement and granted the right to ship 4,000 Africans a year to Hispaniola, Cuba, Jamaica, and Puerto Rico. This arrangement marked the beginning of the Spanish participation in the slave trade of Africans.

The first shipment of 4,000 slaves was sent to Hispaniola in 1517 and re-distributed to Cuba and Puerto Rico. From this modest beginning, millions of Africans would be brought in bondage to the Spanish colonies, to the Caribbean islands, and to North America. For four centuries, the European Slave Trade fueled the western economies and turned Africa into a continent of spent energies. It is believed that at least a hundred small ethnic groups in Africa may have disappeared as a result of the slave trading economy.

As the indigenous population of Mexico declined, the colonial economy became more complex. The first silver mines were opened as early as 1534 and the cultivation of sugar cane started to take root in Mexico around the same time. Soon textile workshops, cattle ranches and haciendas would be established.

“All of these enterprises,� notes Dr. Palmer, “required an adequate and dependable labor force for their sustenance. For the Spanish proprietors involved, an unpaid servile labor force was the most desirable.� Faced with labor-intensive businesses and a demographic vacuum, the Spanish authorities convinced themselves that the importation of African slaves in large numbers was their only solution.

In 1542, King Carlos V promulgated the New Laws of the Indies, essentially abolishing Indian slavery in Mexico and the rest of the Americas. This event gave Spanish businessmen a stronger impetus to bring more Africans to the shores of North America.

Dr. Palmer explains that “as a group, African slaves performed the most strenuous tasks on the plantation. The belief that, as workers, Africans were superior to Indians was shared by the Spaniards in New Spain and in the other colonies.� In the Sixteenth Century, many Spaniards held the popular belief that one Black slave could equal the labor output of four Indians.

In the period from 1521 to 1594, government estimates indicate that 36,500 slaves were brought to Mexican shores. Then, from 1595 to 1622, 322 slaving ships delivered 50,525 slaves to Mexican ports. These slaves represented almost half of the total number of slaves brought to the Spanish West Indies. For the period 1622 to 1639, another 23,500 slaves were brought to Mexico (as tallied by the Archivo General de Indias). With these figures in mind, one can say that a total of 110,525 slaves were legally shipped to Mexico from 1521 to 1639.

In the early decades of the slave trade, many of the slaves came from Guinea-Bissau and Sene-gambia. According to Dr. Palmer, slaves from this area “enjoyed a favorable reputation in the Indies for their alleged docility and trustworthiness.� In the Seventeenth Century, the majority of the slaves brought to Mexican shores came principally from Angola and the Congo.

The majority of slaves brought to the shores of Mexico were male. With a lack of female Africans, most of these men eventually chose Indian or mestizo women as spouses. The long-established Siete Partidas laws of Spain granted slaves the right to select their spouses. Slave masters were thus forbidden from intervening in this decision.

Professor Martha Menchaca, the author of "Recovering History, Reconstructing Race: The Indian, Black, and White Roots of Mexican Americans," observed that “this legislation was of monumental importance because it became the gateway for the children of slaves to gain their freedom.

Due to the lobbying efforts of the Catholic Church the children of Black male slaves and Indian women were declared free and given the right to live with their mother.� With laws that granted freedom to the children of a slave who married into other racial classifications, it is very obvious to see the motivation of this class to seek outside partners.

The Spanish practice of classifying people by race was utilized in the Catholic Church records of Colonial Mexico. While doing extensive genealogical research into Colonial Mexican church records from the 1600s and 1700s, this author has spent a great deal of time exploring the marriages of slaves in various parts of Mexico. In areas such as San Luis PotosÃÂ*, Zacatecas, Aguascalientes and Guanajuato, I have frequently seen church records that documented the marriages of males slaves to mestizas, Indians, and mulatas. It is likely that the offspring of these marriages would have been free individuals.

While the Spaniards and Europeans living in Mexico “enjoyed the highest social prestige and were accorded the most extensive legal and economic privileges,� those persons classified as Indians, mestizos and mulatos brought up the other end of the social spectrum.

The social classification of afromestizos – persons of mixed Indian, African and Caucasian blood – was allocated a position in the lowest rungs of Mexican society. “Because they were of partially African descent,� states Professor Menchaca, “…they were stigmatized and considered socially inferior to Indians and mestizos… afromestizos were subjected to racist laws designed to distinguish them from mestizos and to impose financial and social penalties upon them.�

Eventually, the Wars of Liberation during the first three decades of the Nineteenth Century brought an end to Spanish slavery of Africans in Mexico. Dr. Palmer has estimated that the total number of African-born slaves brought to Mexico from the earliest years of the Sixteenth Century to the day that the institution was abolished (1827) numbered about 200,000.

Although 200,000 individuals seems to be a large number, in comparison to Mexico’s overall population through the colonial period, it is quite small and statistics indicate that the African and Black population of Mexico never reached more than two percent of the total population at any given time. (WHY?) But in some portions of eastern Mexico, it is evident that the African presence has left a cultural influence. Patrick James Carroll, in "Blacks in Colonial Veracruz: Race, Ethnicity, and Regional Development," is one of the few authors who has discussed the African influence in this context.

While exploring Mexican colonial census and church records, this author has been given a better understanding of the genetic and economic influence of the African in Mexico. In various cities throughout Mexico, epidemics would wipe out large numbers of Indians. At times like these, the percentage of the Black population would increase significantly. The smaller pool of workers thus contained a greater number of Africans, who moved into fill the labor vacancies created by the loss of the Indians.

As one example of a strong African presence, the City of Zacatecas in 1803 had the following population numbers: 11,000 Spaniards and mestizos; 9,500 Indians; and 12,500 Negroes and mulattoes. Figures such as these are a testament to the value of the African in providing essential services (through labor) to the Mexican colonial economy. (THIS MAKES BLACKS THE LARGEST PORTION OF THE POPULATION OF THIS CITY-SO WHAT HAPPENED, WHERE DID THEY GO!!)

This is a white-wash version. It does not oxplain what happened to Afro-Mexicans. They survived disease that killed indigenous populations. Therefore, they would have flourished, but didn't.

Question: What is the Immigration Policy of Mexico with respect to Blacks?

Note: The Catholic Church negotiated a "bonus" with the King of Spain. If you inter-married, freedom for your children, a strong inducement to inter-marry and wipe out your race. This still doesn't explain it in whole because according to this study, he only found "some records" of inter-marriage in the church records. That does not explain all the depopulation but shows the attitude of the Catholic Church towards Blacks. The Bishop preferred to enslave Africans and free the aborigines because the Africans were BETTER WORKERS. The Catholic Church established a potential biological or genetic wipe out of the race by intermarriage.

The Catholic Church has meddling in this "Labor Politics" for a very long time, eh? In favor of Mexicans to the risk and deteriment of Afro-Mexicans, Africans, and Afro-Americans.

I just knew they were behind this disgusting mess.

SO WHERE DID THE BLACK POPULATION OF MEXICO DISAPPEAR TO?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish ... 2053.shtml

FOUND THIS LOOKING FOR INFO ON WHAT HAPPENED TO BLACKS IN MEXICO!!

MORE FROM AL--He's looking for business opportunities from Foxey Boy!! What in the WORLD would THAT be? Maybe Al wants to buy a Motel 6 in Alcapulco and in exchange he'll cover Foxey? Whooooo knows what these Mongers are up to. Thanks Amsterdam News for covering this story!!

Back on TOPIC--Why doesn't Foxey Flop create some "business opportunities" for Black Mexico?

Business opportunities to be created between Mexico and Black America
    By Herb Boyd
    The Amsterdam News
    Updated Jun 14, 2005, 09:20 am Refer this article

NEW YORK (NNPA) - President Vicente Fox of Mexico may not have apologized for his insensitive remarks, but he got an earful from Reverend Al Sharpton during the minister’s recent visit south of the border.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mexican migrants are being employed like slave laborers and something must be done to end this process.

-Rev. Al Sharpton
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I let him know that he can’t just get away with saying, ‘I was misinterpreted,�’ Rev. Sharpton said in an interview.

“If his comment had gone unchallenged, it would have left the impression that what he was saying was true. We had a very frank discussion on (May 23), and plans are now underway to create new business opportunities between Mexico and Black America.�

On this matter, Rev. Sharpton continued, a meeting will be arranged and facilitated by New York Amsterdam News Publisher Elinor Tatum and the Counsel General of Mexico.

“We need to establish better business ties and tourism with Mexico,� he added, further noting that Mexico is the second-largest trading partner of the United States. It was first reported that Pres. Fox would be visiting Harlem, but that has not been confirmed.

Rev. Sharpton took a small delegation to Mexico for the one-day visit, including his attorney Sanford Rubenstein, Carl Redding and Jonathan Capehart. He said he plans to meet with Senator Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) about the increasing presence of Mexican migrants in the U.S. It was this increased presence that prompted Pres. Fox’s remarks about them taking jobs that even Black people refused.

On May 13, Pres. Fox stated, “There’s no doubt that the Mexican men and womenâ€â€

while we're at it.

It is likely unknown to people that there are cases still ongoing against the crown of canada for its murder of indiginous children.
    I refer to the project of 1920-40 (I believe)whereby all native children were removed from their families and placed in residence homes. This was done in conjunction with the churches namely the anglican and catholic.

The idea was that at the residence homes the native children could be "acculturated" to the extent that they would become useful members of canadian society(whatever that is). Needless to say the rending of children from their families is enough of a heinous crime, but the evil collusion went FURTHUR!!!

What is claimed ot have occured is that the more reclacitrant children that were deemed as being untrainable, or unable to adapt to english(canadian) culture, were simply put to sleep, euthanized, murdered, whatever, like a dog with no home.

They were simply put to sleep. Put down. If I were a native, black, tribesmen, etc. I would have nothing to do with white churchfolk, if ever possible.

http://www2.eluniversal.com.mx/pls/impr ... abla=miami

ANOTHER ARTICLE ON THE "STAMP".

Note the statement that police officers are harsh on traffic stops; make blacks sing the National Anthem to try and determine if they are from "Central America". Note the additional statement that Mexico is harsh on illegal immigrants. HEY!! Maybe we should make all traffic stops of suspected illegal aliens sing the American National Anthem, if they appear ato be from Mexico! Also note the "construction boom" in Mexico. SO WHY ARE THEIR CONSTRUCTION WORKERS ALL COMING HERE?????

This is a Mess of Monumental Proportions.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BLACKS IN MEXICO!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast