Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Some cities are signing Memorandums of Understanding for the 287 (g) that only cover things like rape, murder, more serious type crimes. Some cities are going for any violation, traffic stop, drunk driving, etc. Any encounter with police results in an immigration check with probable cause (might be no driver's license as a trigger). They keep the fingerprint kits and other necessary items with them as they go about their duties and do the checks with info back in about 5 minutes.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    Was this mentioned at all? Our town recently applied for 287g and our mayor was quoted as saying that all applications are on hold till 'immigration reform.' I haven't been able to find anything to confirm/deny this.
    Fedup, i think the problem is ICE is behind and can not keep up with the people that are applying for the program!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

yeas-89 nays-4 DeMint, Coburn, Voinivich, Inhoffe,

Did you notice that Obama, Dodd, and McCain were all missing today on this important vote.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well it passed and it's going to the house conference.

Quote Originally Posted by dgremark
    just think if we had some of the patriots from the past around today, what would they think?
    I’m afraid they would be ashamed of what their once honorable system has become.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho

Did you notice that Obama, Dodd, and McCain were all missing today on this important vote.
    All I can say to that is: good (Obama would be a pain for sure.)

Why did Jim DeMint vote no? Voinovich is on a No swing today.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho

Was Clinton there for the vote?
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Clinton was there today, but I don't recall hearing her name on this vote. DeMint voted no because they wouldn't allow the wording in his amendment that prohibits felons from working in ports and places of inspection. He's asked to recommitt so committee can correct it.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    Why did Jim DeMint vote no? Voinovich is on a No swing today.
    yes that one and Inhofe too. There must be something they don't like.

I wonder if they know how much the Salazar Amendment is going to dilute the funds for the So. Border. We need to keep an eye on that.

Now that it goes to the House for conference, I'm not sure I'm totally comfortable with the people chosen for that. Maybe it will be okay.

If it is, then they have enough to over ride a veto if the vote stays the same.