Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I believe if it get more than 2/3 of the vote he can not veto it!
    that is correct

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Sessions said today the Florida has 287 (g). I thought there were some sanctuary cities there.

Here's what I know about 287 (g)

Each state has to apply for 287 (g) with Homeland Security. When approved, the state is reimbursed for the training of some of their officers in immigration law, then the officers can ask legal staus and detin illegals until ICE picks them up. It gives them the authority to work with ICE. If a state has 287 (g), the UCLA can't fight it in court because it's already federal law and that law says that it can be used as long as that state approves it. These little towns and cities are wasting their time. They need to go state wide.
    Florida dose have 287g, the problem is some cities do not use or enforce it. For example Lee County which comprises Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Bonita Springs, and Lehigh Acres, the area I live in, have trained officers but no enforcement. Collier County which comprises Naples and a couple other cities with sheriff Don Hunter just south of us are quite active with 287g.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

Was this mentioned at all? Our town recently applied for 287g and our mayor was quoted as saying that all applications are on hold till 'immigration reform.' I haven't been able to find anything to confirm/deny this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WQhat are they voting on?I was busy talking
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

We should call them all up tonight and whisper,

"Be Careful what you do, the American people are watching you." Oh dear, I am laughing and pooped out.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    We should call them all up tonight and whisper,

"Be Careful what you do, the American people are watching you." Oh dear, I am laughing and pooped out.

Psalm 91
    LMAO
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

This is good increases enforcement in the work place!

I agree Dragonfire and I know Lehigh is having a lot of problems with Illegals,drugs being no#1.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

You know this effort that you all are doing is great, but if you think about it, our founders didn't have email, phones or faxes and they did what was right. But today we have to sceam and threaten to get something done, just think if we had some of the patriots from the past around today, what would they think?

Quote Originally Posted by dgremark
    You know this effort that you all are doing is great, but if you think about it, our founders didn't have email, phones or faxes and they did what was right. But today we have to sceam and threaten to get something done, just think if we had some of the patriots from the past around today, what would they think?
    They would be damn glad they didn't have big corporations to contend with!