Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

right. I thought they'd be a home by now. Could be an all nighter. I tried to call my Senator but their offices are closed and they hope to vote on this tonight. I hope the Salazar amendment doesn't go through. But then they may lose some votes. You know they have to dilute it some way right?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm curious if ther're going to pass Menendez' amendment. Wish I knew what was in it. They don't read the darn things and I don't trust him.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I'm curious if ther're going to pass Menendez' amendment. Wish I knew what was in it. They don't read the darn things and I don't trust him.
    Right they just give you the summary.

I haven't eaten can you guys post?

Collins is up. She's talking about first responders in the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Collins is up. She's talking about first responders in the bill.
    Yes, that's amendment 2407 by Liberman and Collins

Yes, Gogo, go ahead. Thank you so much for your help.

I'm going to eat be back.

Far as I can tell, the Martinez amendment doesn't look dangerous, it seems to be a minor adjustment:
    SA 2413. Mr. MARTINEZ submitted an amendment intended to be proposed to amendment SA 2383 proposed by Mr. Byrd (for himself and Mr. Cochran) to the bill H.R. 2638, making appropriations for the Department of Homeland Security for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2008, and for other purposes; which was ordered to lie on the table; as follows:

On page 35, line 20, strike ``which shall'' and all that follows through ``3714):'' on line 26 and insert the following: ``which shall be allocated based solely on an assessment of risk (as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security) as follows:

``(1) $900,000,000 for grants to States, of which $375,000,000 shall be for law enforcement terrorism prevention grants:''.

They're voting on the Sanders Amendment on the H2B visas. It assures that American workers are hired first before getting an H2B worker.
    Will post the results.