Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sanctions Apply Only if They Want Citizenship

All this posturing about illegals having to go back to their country of origin, paying a fine and going to the end of the line only applies if they want to become citizens and/or permanent residents. Most of them don't-they're here to make money to send money back to relatives, open their own businesses or build houses in their home countries.

If they really want to pass this bill, they should give every illegal a one year deadline to apply for a Z visa and after that, whoever is here without the visa will be considered a Felon and can be picked up even by local police. This is one way to ensure everyone of them will scramble to get one. .. but I still say enforce existing immigration laws before any new bill.

Re: Sanctions Apply Only if They Want Citizenship

Quote Originally Posted by marinermama
    ... want to become citizens and/or permanent residents. Most of them don't-they're here to make money to send money back to relatives, open their own businesses or build houses in their home countries.
    It's obvious that marinermama doesn't have first-hand relationships with very many illegal immigrants. I have met and talked with over 100 and out of them all I met only one person who was sending money back home to her family. Debates of this sort are a useless waste of time if you're only going to draw stick figures of imaginary profiles that are inaccurate.

This is about as intelligent as arguments I used to hear in the 60's about those "d@mn Russians"! Another stick-figure complex from our past.

How about actually making an effort to meet people eye to eye. Learn about their lives and what makes their heart beat. There are millions of Europeans, Asians, Central and South Americans living in the US who work hard and contribute to our strong economy. They are just as interested in being good citizens as many US citizens are. Often I see an even greater passion for true American values among the illegal residents than I do among those of us who take our citizenship for granted.

Spin, first off welcome to the site! Second everyone has a valued opinion here. Third been there done that. I live in a neighborhood now where myself and 2 other families are the only non-hispanics left. We are also the only ones who don't have at least 4 families per house. We are also the only ones who do not frequent the "send money to mexico" stores that have popped up everywhere. Who is using these places and why are there so many of them?
    You are the Grayrider, you would not make peace with the bluecoats, you may go in peace

Welcome marinermama & Spin! It's great to have you join us.

Spin, everyone here is allowed to express their opinions and
    marinermama has expressed valid concerns. Many people
    are wondering what will be done about the illegal aliens that
    do not sign up for the Zvisas or are paid under the table so
    they are not on a businesses records. Also, if people arn't
    sending money back to their home countries why did Mexico
    have close to 30 billion dollars sent from the U.S. last year.
    It is their 2nd highest source of revenue next to oil. The people
    you know might not be sending money back home, but that
    doen't mean that others are not.

Good point Debby and sorry I didn't notice marinermama was new here. Welcome to the site where we all have opinions and all are respected.
    You are the Grayrider, you would not make peace with the bluecoats, you may go in peace

MW
    Spin wrote:

It's obvious that marinermama doesn't have first-hand relationships with very many illegal immigrants. I have met and talked with over 100 and out of them all I met only one person who was sending money back home to her family.
    ?????????????????

Debby wrote:

Also, if people arn't sending money back to their home countries why did Mexico have close to 30 billion dollars sent from the U.S. last year.
    This is no secret, Spin. Where have you been?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That's one of the problems. Spin has talked to 100 illegals! They sure aren't in the shadows huh? Why hasn't he turned them into ICE? I've notified both ICE and my county about all the illegals living in my neighborhood. Close your eyes and you'll see what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Spin wrote:

It's obvious that marinermama doesn't have first-hand relationships with very many illegal immigrants. I have met and talked with over 100 and out of them all I met only one person who was sending money back home to her family.
    ?????????????????

Debby wrote:

[quote:2iysvpm4]Also, if people arn't sending money back to their home countries why did Mexico have close to 30 billion dollars sent from the U.S. last year.
    This is no secret, Spin. Where have you been? [/quote:2iysvpm4]

That's exactly right. Marinamama welcome. Yes, I don't think trying to demean another poster is the way to enter discussions here. It's okay to disagree just don't be disagreeable in doing so. That seemed more like a personal attack.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Looks like we have and OBL onboard.

Geee, you should be calling Conress and complaining about the conditions for illegal aliens.

Better get busy and counter our endevors.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast