Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chavez, at least, has a sense of humor! He knows his real estate is one of the most drool worthy monopoly deeds the globalists NEED to complete their agenda..after Boardwalk and Park Place (Iraq & the entire middle east).

Is the USA anything other than a democracy in name only?
    Well, let's see:

Are you allowed to have dissenting views without fear of imprisonment or death? Yes.

Are you allowed to vote every election year and do you see more than one name on the ballot, and can you run for office yourself? Yes.

Are you allowed to own weapons? Yes.

Are you allowed to travel unrestricted within America's borders? Yes.

Are you allowed to believe in your own interpretation of God or not to believe in God or worship satan? Yes.

Would you offer your lips to the wolf with red roses...

Oh wait, that was Meatloaf.

So in answer to your question, the U.S. offers you all these freedoms which China, N. Korea, the old Iraq, and Venezuela all do not. Yet all of these countries have "elected officials" and are "Democracies". So I'd say that America, while not being perfect by any means, is a much more Democratic place than all the aforementioned states.

Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Why would someone earning $100,000 a year in Venezuela be unhappy?
    Oh gee, maybe this has something to do with it!

Getting killed over having a dissenting viewpoint might put a damper on your day. I'd leave in a heartbeat for a country that isn't going to kill me for disagreeing.

http://hrw.org/english/docs/2005/07/08/venezu11299.htm

And you know that if a leftist group like this is going after Chavez he's bad to the bone. CITGO support merely bolsters his regime and the death of human beings in that country.

In honor of this thread, I did something today: I went to a CITGO and washed my windshield. Then I blew my nose with one of the blue napkins next to the pump, stole the squeegee and went to BP. I filled up at BP, and dropped the squeegee in the washer fluid basin.

!Viva Democracy!

Chavez, at least, has a sense of humor!
    I have to give that one to you. I got a kick out of it when he said that Condi Rice has a great a$$.

nhmass--I haven't seen anyone post anything where they feel that Venezuela is a better country than the US. Also, there was no statement in the Orlando article that these people feared for their lives. A guy representing poor people was elected. Why would they fear for their lives? One of the people in the Orlando article was involved in the 2002 coup attempt and all Chavez did was fire him. He worked for the Government under Chavez. I'm sure if someone tried to perform a coup on Bush and got caught, he'd be at least fired. probaby hauled off to GITMO and Tortured as an Enemy Combatant.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Are you saying that G.W. Bush is torturing people at GITMO?

Oh yes, they have it so rough. They get arrows pointed in the direction of Mecca so they can pray. They get meals prepared especially for them so that they don't have to violate their own Muslim laws by eating. They get exercise. They get cultural sensitivity. All of this for being caught on battlefields taking up arms against Americans. Most of them have never had it better. They are actually getting fed and cared for! So they get "sleep deprivation" to make them talk. UWWW! That's rough. I got it for a week straight fighting them last year.

Compared to prisons in the Muslim world GITMO is Club Med, and the prisoners know it, too.

Why anyone would leave a country over getting fired is a ridiculous notion. These people were obviously afraid for their lives and safety over having an opposing viewpoint. If you bothered to read the other article I posted you would see that Chavez ruthlessly squelches any opposing voices.

These "poor people who voted for him" did so with guns at their backs. That is how it works in Communist dictatorships. The people with any means either fight or flee, and it is the poor who are left to prop up the regime.

I can't see any other reason as to why you are supporting Chavez except for foolish pride and the fact that you can't admit you are wrong. PLEASE post something that contradicts the information that I've provided through links. The guy is pure evil.

If you want to oppose the FTAA do what I do and support the many Congressional leaders in America who oppose it. Don't cast your lot with Chavez and Castro. That's a step in the wrong direction.

AND BOYCOTT CITGO!

nhmass--I don't think anyone here is "casting their lot" with Chavez. All we do is write, fax, email and call our Congressman, Representatives and Senators just like you do. We did that with CAFTA and of course we lost. The only reason FTAA isn't already binding on the people of the United States is because of Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay and Uraguay causing such a stink during the "summit" a few weeks ago. It involve 5 nations stopping it in its tracks at least temporariily but Chavez got the publicity.

Hate Chavez and Castro if you want. I don't know them well enough to have any opinion one way or the other except of those things I hear Chavez doing...seems okay to me. If he's evil, I'm sure he'll expose himself shortly.

I mean it took me 4 years to figure it out on Bush, so if Chavez si bad it ought to be oozing out any time now.

I'll surely stay tuned for it!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

All I can say is that I can't see MUCH difference in the "Dictatorship/Democracy" in Venezuela and the one we have right here under George W. Bush. If ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS had not been able to vote in the US elections, we sure wouldn't be dealing with this MANIAC in the White House. There are just many different ways to influence elections in any Democratic country and Bush figured out how to pander to ILLEGALS to get THEIR VOTES.

The people of Venezuela elected Chavez just like the people in the US elected Bush and BOTH will have to live with the consequences until such time as we ALL get so fed up with our leaders that we do something about it.

The only positive things I've said about Chavez is that he DOES SEEM to care about his country and its people. He DOES have enough sense to recognize the FTAA for what it is. AND, he HAS helped poor Americans with oil to keep warm when their OWN PRESIDENT turned a blind eye. AND, not ONLY did he AND our representatives turn a blind eye, they passed a budget bill that REWARDED our oil companies with TONS of OUR MONEY.

Frankly, what they do in Venezuela vis a vis Chavez is THEIR problem--not OURS. And, they will work it out the same way that we are going to have to work OURS out. And, if they don't, THAT ALSO is THEIR PROBLEM. After all, Bush was reelected by people who just couldn't see what he was doing to our country AND NOW the majority of people have had an EPIPHANY and see what they should have seen before they reelected him. BUT, that is a Democracy. We have what we have until such time as we can get rid of him. And, God help us, I hope we can survive the next 3 years of his REIGN.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

And, one more thing, nhantimassredrebel--I sure wouldn't BRAG about STEALING something from ANYONE. THAT is just as illegal as all of the other things that we are fighting at ALIPAC. Breaking the law is BREAKING THE LAW. AND, NOBODY in this country should be above the law.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

nhantimassredrebel, if we spent a little less time worrying about what other countries are doing and a little more worrying what ours is doing, we'd be years ahead of this illegal immigration problem. I'm sure of that. If someone threatens us, that is one thing. Venezuela didn't, not that I can see.

Yes, Chavez is a cocky dude, but then, look at our President. He struts around like a banty rooster himself spouting foolishness so who are we to point fingers? Look at Clinton! His disgraceful actions shocked the entire world!

Nobody said that Venzeuela is better than the USA. No country on earth is better than the USA at this moment. But it isn't going to be long before many will be "better" because we are going to be a third world nation if we don't stop the flow of illegals.

I wonder if Venezuela has a problem with illegal immigrants. And I'm serious, I wonder. It would seem to me that they would love to find work in Venezuela and it's a lot closer. But I bet Chavez protects his borders. What do you think?

As for Castro, I didn't hear anyone mention him but you. We all know he's a blow-hard. And he's pretty close to dead of old age besides. Maybe Chavez wants to take over Cuba when the old boy croaks. Let him. The Cuban people would probably be a hell of a lot better off economically than they are now and maybe they would stay home. I STILL don't see anyone running away from Venezuela the way everyone who gets a chance runs from Cuba.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast